#41 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:47 PM

@chasbons I can't delete my work only amend them
(1) maybe banditboy can as he has the powers to do so within the download sections.
(2) Secondly with Ady being a mod surely he can remove my files.

1. Banditboy has no such powers. They were removed long ago, during "the troubles".
2. As per my PM conversation with you, this is being discussed with other moderators, it's not a quick process so please bear with us...

#42 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

@chasbons I can't delete my work only amend them

So amend them so they won't work anymore, if you're THAT desperate for them to be removed!

The point here though is really, that you want ADY to remove them, so that you will be able to blame him for them not being here anymore, surely ANY Mod could get rid? (and tbh should have done so imho once you asked, seeing as it's you that made them and so should be able to decide what happens to them)

If at a later date you decided you wanted some, or all of them back on the site, then it would be YOUR decision to re-up them. 

#43 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

2. As per my PM conversation with you, this is being discussed with other moderators, it's not a quick process so please bear with us...

Does this mean that as soon as someone uploads something to the site, the file is no longer theirs and they have no say in what happens to it?

I can't see why there should be any discussion, HE made the layouts, so surely it's up to HIM what happens to them?

#44 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

So amend them so they won't work anymore, if you're THAT desperate for them to be removed!

The point here though is really, that you want ADY to remove them, so that you will be able to blame him for them not being here anymore, surely ANY Mod could get rid? (and tbh should have done so imho once you asked, seeing as it's you that made them and so should be able to decide what happens to them)

If at a later date you decided you wanted some, or all of them back on the site, then it would be YOUR decision to re-up them. 

but copys of vectras layouts will be on various hard drives and dvd back ups with the rest of the fme stuff so it will be hard to wipe them off the face of the earth so theres no point in wiping them from here as people can still get them 

and number 2 vectra i have never been able to delete anything from this site only approve files edit download title names of which i havent done for a good year as the only time i have to edit the titles on the layouts is when people was closing there account for 24 hours then setting up a new account a day later

so get your facts straight

#45 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

Does this mean that as soon as someone uploads something to the site, the file is no longer theirs and they have no say in what happens to it?

I can't see why there should be any discussion, HE made the layouts, so surely it's up to HIM what happens to them?

Due to the nature of the Internet, once you publicly release something that you've created you immediately have very little control over what happens to it.
Just deleting something from this site isn't going to make it vanish.
Is vectra going to scour the other places that work has been released and make them delete it too? If not then the exercise here is pointless.

And I'm not going to get into a discussion about whether it's his Copyright, as we all know that's a subject that highly trained lawyers could argue about for weeks, where FME work is concerned.

Finally, what about all the other people who worked hard in many ways to facilitate the creation of this work? How will they feel about the deletion?
It's NOT all about HIM...

#46 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

but copys of vectras layouts will be on various hard drives and dvd back ups with the rest of the fme stuff so it will be hard to wipe them off the face of the earth so theres no point in wiping them from here as people can still get them 

and number 2 vectra i have never been able to delete anything from this site only approve files edit download title names of which i havent done for a good year as the only time i have to edit the titles on the layouts is when people was closing there account for 24 hours then setting up a new account a day later

so get your facts straight

Yes I know that, I only mean the files he's uploaded to here himself, his own work etc, once people have downloaded them, he has zero input on what happens to them.

His post stated that he wanted them removing from here, not anywhere else.  If someone else re-uploaded them afterwards, then he has no say in that.

...... i have never been able to delete anything from this site only approve files edit download title names of which i havent done for a good year as the only time i have to edit the titles on the layouts is when people was closing there account for 24 hours then setting up a new account a day later.........

Is when you're not travelling the country at the tax payers expense (using your hard earned benefit money) gambling and doing write ups about arcades!

#47 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:18 AM

Due to the nature of the Internet, once you publicly release something that you've created you immediately have very little control over what happens to it.
Just deleting something from this site isn't going to make it vanish.
Is vectra going to scour the other places that work has been released and make them delete it too? If not then the exercise here is pointless.

And I'm not going to get into a discussion about whether it's his Copyright, as we all know that's a subject that highly trained lawyers could argue about for weeks, where FME work is concerned.

Finally, what about all the other people who worked hard in many ways to facilitate the creation of this work? How will they feel about the deletion?
It's NOT all about HIM...

Yes I know that Alex, I meant if he wants them deleting from here, then surely it's his right?

What happens to anything that's already been downloaded is on no consequence to him.

The bit in red...... I already know that as well, it's him that seems to think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm 100% against him deleting them from here, (but I still think he has the right to have them removed if he so wishes, whether it is a pointless action or not)  as he did them (you would hope) for the good of the scene, and the future of fme.  The fact that he wants them removing from here just goes to show IMHO, that some part of him, is only in it for the glory and praise, just like him not uploading spare stuff etc, preferring to wait till someone asks specifically for something, then he can, offer and get more glory and be seen to be being a good egg...... you get my gist and know where I'm going with it, so I'll leave it there.

#48 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

A simple solution to all this is i get demoted to member so I lose my uploading privileges so I can't possible upload any more layout's which will then remove the 'need to do my own work and resources help within this site and give me a warning stating not to release any other work within fruit-emu or get banned etc.
As for my previous work its upto the mods if they feel I haven't done all the work myself or they're not upto a certain standard then either remove them or remove my name from the author parts.

I personally wouldn't want them removed as a lot of time and effort went into every one of them and I enjoy this hobby a great deal and it hurt me to say remove them some of which are new machine's to mfme.
but again if my layout's Don't suit certain members then get rid of them.
That's all I'm saying on this subject!

Edited by vectra666, 05 June 2016 - 12:16 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#49 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:47 PM

Locked temporarily, pending thread split as way off topic now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users