SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#41 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

I have a dev copy of the emulator, not graphic tools or anything in there.

The roms do run, reels do spin and machine plays.. Nothing tangiable at all to show people, i just use it to run roms on to see what version etc they are and whether they run.

Pokerface is definitely £25/£35/£75 jackpot setting on Epoch, the rom does run. I believe i have Bucks Bunny somewhere also running on Epoch tech £35 or £75 jackpot, can't remember.

Epoch tech is still also currently supported by one of the major repair centres for fruit machine boards. They have a test rig which i have been promised as soon as the tech is delisted.

I just hope Jon, KK, is actually ok and nothing has happened to him health wise etc as he was regularly in touch with my to try roms i have for him along with trying them in a real set up to see what was happening.... That is how the SEC meters in the emu were sorted out.

I have mailed him several times now with no response......

Cheers Mavroz!

It's all very strange.  I hope that nothing has happened to him.  It would be good to know he's OK, regardless of the emulator.

Edited by stevedude2, 05 April 2015 - 09:01 AM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#42 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

does anyone live near him ?

maybe pay a visit see if he is actually ok ?

not just emu wise but person wise, its just so strange to me here then gone just like that ???

#43 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

Yeah that would be nice if someone can see if KC's actually OK. If the worst came to the worst and he has pegged it, did he leave this emu for anyone else to take over, or has it also gone the same way as epee did? Also, does anyone have his phone number? People never check their E-mails, I'm one of them! lol.

#44 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

does anyone live near him ?

maybe pay a visit see if he is actually ok ?

not just emu wise but person wise, its just so strange to me here then gone just like that ???

I more than echo your points mate.

I too hope the guy is well.

I can't see how such a huge project(that he had put so much time and effort into),would be just abandoned. :err:

I agree with members that an email takes seconds to write-but I know too well(with my personal family commitment),how my personal time is now little if anything most days.

And hence how rare I visit the emu sites,let alone get to comment on forums.

Hope to read in the near future that someone has heard from the guy or better still seen that he is ok.

Jay

#45 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

did he leave this emu for anyone else to take over, or has it also gone the same way as epee did?

He didn't leave the code, but I do have an early release which has the cpu dll in it (see picture). If you load it up in Depends.exe (part of win 7) you can see all the function calls so it would technically be usable with a bit of experimentation.

Not that I would use it without his say so.

Its an odd situation, I would really like to know if he's ok, and what the state of the emulator is, whether a release is still on the cards, or whether he has given up, or whatever has happened.

Attached Files

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#46 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Whether this epoch emulator is released or not the main thing in my eyes is killcrazy is he Ok or not as said before can anyone get a phone number or address and maybe visit, what's his real 'full' name including surname? as at the end of the day real life is more important than any hobby and We're All family on here.

Edited by vectra666, 05 April 2015 - 04:36 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#47 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

Of course I echo what others have said and hope everything is okay.  However I'm sure someone knows how to contact him, people have said a few times they have spoke to him on the phone or know where he works etc.... so unless this was all 'name-dropping' type malarkey then get in touch and let people know....

#48 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

I don't think anyone should post his full name if they have it, he may not want his real name connected to a fruit machine emulator. 

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#49 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

i don't think anybody should ever publicly release details.

a PM will suffice.

• ady likes this

#50 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

It's obvious there is a problem, KC didn't post very often but never really left things hanging like this in the past.  Be nice to know he's just ok.

J

Edited by fuzion, 05 April 2015 - 08:34 PM.

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#51 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

Well Niall has said he has gone 80's and sent him a letter.

Hopefully something will come back from that :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#52 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

It's obvious there is a problem, KC didn't post very often but never really left things hanging like this in the past.  Be nice to know he's just ok.

J

I believe it is more obvious that this is FME-land and therefore anything can happen... ;) 

I do hope he is OK though, although I do believe he has probably gone the same way as past coders for the FME scene.

#53 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

Another "Missing" who it would be nice to establish the well-being of is CliffC. Although he is still a current, up to date supporter of the site...

#54 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

AA wasn't there a post not long ago from CliffC's wife saying he was away working ?

you are right though would be nice to hear he is ok too...?

#55 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

Yes that's a while ago now though, I can't remember exactly when...

#56 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

He posted Just yesterday on mr p's forum, so I think he's fine.

Hold the bells mate.

#57 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

He posted Just yesterday on mr p's forum, so I think he's fine.

That certainly seems to prove my point entirely then from my previous post... I thought as much for you all - shame really.

I do hope he is OK though, although I do believe he has probably gone the same way as past coders for the FME scene.

#58 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Daryl I think they mean CliffC has posted on another forum.

#59 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Daryl I think they mean CliffC has posted on another forum.

Oops - mad cow and foot-in-mouth disease again...

...but I'm not getting my coat - just yet!  :bigeyes19:

#60 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:38 AM

I can see now why wizard left the scene. People just on the take take take. KC has obviously devoted a lot of time to this project and that's exactly what this is.. A project. He doesn't owe anyone here an explanation or reason and doesn't Have to give updates. He's doing this in his own time and asks nothing back. I tried to do this with my fruit machine help videos.. I get inundated with constant "Help me" posts and emails and stalkers and everything and NEARLY NEVER get a thank you and do you know what, I don't reply to some messages anymore.. coz Im sick of the take take take from faceless people. Perhaps the same has happened here.

I can vouch that I was a play tester for the early version of the epoch emulator and it ran the roms fine. same principle as mfme in terms of debugger and code and the reel/lamp layout without the graphics etc no layout edit etc.
It ran fine, sounds fine, lamps seemed genuine and synced perfectly etc..

Guys it's a project. If he wants a year break to do something else, heck a 10 year break, so be it, learn some patience and just wait for an update when it happens.

KC owes us nothing..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users