173 replies to this topic

#21 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Not logged in since before Christmas. This suggests a serious problem of some kind?

#22 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

time will tell. if it takes 6 more months then so be it. just would be nice for a scaled down version to test as we have all been subjected to the carrot dangle before.

#23 mortalwombat

mortalwombat

• Regulars
  • 169 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

Not logged in since before Christmas. This suggests a serious problem of some kind?

Power cut?

#24 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

so whats the deal with this one, does everybody put a line under it or through it? seems to me like yet another wizard carrot dangle, but i just dont know.

niallquinn reckons he does 70 hours a week, true or not, i bet he still has time to check emails and reply.

does anybody have any solid real info on this project?

#25 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

I personally gave up hope on this soon after Christmas.  There is no real excuse (well apart from the obvious) as to why an update has not been posted from KC.... :( :(

#26 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

I feel quite stupid really, after that December update I logged on every day JUST to look for his update, and nothing.

if that's the case, congrats KC, you win. expected this april 1st personally.

#27 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

Exactly Nails, I would also like to know what's going on KC! I also have an MFME question. Why are my MPS sounds playing rough? I'm running windows 7 home. Can I correct this problem? Also, is there a EWN MK III with the correct sound roms for JPEmu? All the layouts I have tried have MK II sound roms which don't make sense. Thanks guys. I'll be in contact soon, just have been busy with stuff. Happy easter Saturday to you all!

#28 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Who were the testers then?  Did they actually get something tangible to look at?  Very strange how it's all gone dead...

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#29 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

their are a few member who know quite a bit more about this than me, but I got the impression that although he advertised for testers here, they all came from the mecca.

speaks volumes

#30 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

mabie he has been warned off from the powers above like in the empire scenario

#31 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

mabie he has been warned off from the powers above like in the empire scenario

That's not plausible. Epoch is a dead tech from a dead company - Maygay became part of Barcrest several years ago, they used the name a bit but I don't think they adopted any of the tech.

Certainly not Epoch, because it was unreliable - using it when you already had MPU5 would have been madness.

No one in the industry gives a stuff about Epoch.

#32 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

their are a few member who know quite a bit more about this than me, but I got the impression that although he advertised for testers here, they all came from the mecca.

speaks volumes

They are members on here too.

That's not plausible. Epoch is a dead tech from a dead company - Maygay became part of Barcrest several years ago, they used the name a bit but I don't think they adopted any of the tech.
Certainly not Epoch, because it was unreliable - using it when you already had MPU5 would have been madness.

No one in the industry gives a stuff about Epoch.

It was 2004 when Maygay lost their identity and machines stopped being made in their name. I think Global carried on into 2005 with Epoch, before time was called.

bj

#33 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

I also have an MFME question. Why are my MPS sounds playing rough? I'm running windows 7 home. Can I correct this problem?

Theres nothing you can do other than play it on Win XP or earlier.

Windows 7/8/Vista use a different audio system to all previous versions of windows and as such it broke ALL the synth sound. Whether its a bug in the way MFME uses direct sound, or a bug caused by the change in windows, I can't say for sure, but there's nothing you can do.

Amber will have you covered.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#34 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

They are members on here too.

It was 2004 when Maygay lost their identity and machines stopped being made in their name. I think Global carried on into 2005 with Epoch, before time was called.

bj

Sounds about right - none of the "Powers above" are going to care much about it by now.

Edited by aaamusements, 04 April 2015 - 06:12 PM.
Added quote

#35 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

I was a a tester, as were others I could mention to name.  I've mentioned this before, I didn't get the version that had the basic tools in that he psoted the video of, the one that showed Gridrunner working.

Mine works, but without tools, evening modding the layout I've got, they all look like mame dond and are almost unplayable.  Nice to hear all the sounds though.

So, I've written, you know, things called letters, to him today, I'll let you know if I get a reply.  And if it's a "yes" as it were, or "f[_]ck off" as it were.

NQ.

Can I just chip in and say that Epoch is not a dead tech, there's £70 layouts and now £100 upgrades.

NQ.

Edited by aaamusements, 04 April 2015 - 07:57 PM.
Merged posts

#36 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

With regards newer ROMs, Amber will operate a 10 / 3 year rule.

Tech must be 10 years old, Games must be at least 3. Any ROMs newer than that will be protected from running.

Amber is strictly a tool for preserving the past games, I want no part in people using the emulator to gain an advantage.

FME is at the mercy of the manufacturers, they could, if they really wanted to, shut down the FME sites. Or at least heavily restrict anything involving their IP, such as Empire did when the newer layouts were being emulated.

I personally don't want to piss them off. The scene has damaged itself enough in the past. It would be nice to think that if we respect the manufacturers, then one day they might warm to the idea of some kind of support. I know of a certain manufacturer that still has all the original artwork and roms archived. Imagine if we could get them to share one day!

Its unlikely, I grant you, but maybe, just maybe, if we respect the manufacturers, they might see us in a better light. Its the ONLY chance we have.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#37 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

Can I just chip in and say that Epoch is not a dead tech, there's £70 layouts and now £100 upgrades.

NQ.

I will have to take your word on that, I wasn't aware that anyone was still supporting upgrades for these machines. Eclipse maybe, but Epoch?

If any operators still have these machines on site using this tech then they must be mad. The last time I saw one in the wild was 5 years ago.

#38 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

I was a a tester, as were others I could mention to name.  I've mentioned this before, I didn't get the version that had the basic tools in that he psoted the video of, the one that showed Gridrunner working.

Mine works, but without tools, evening modding the layout I've got, they all look like mame dond and are almost unplayable.  Nice to hear all the sounds though.

So, I've written, you know, things called letters, to him today, I'll let you know if I get a reply.  And if it's a "yes" as it were, or "f[_]ck off" as it were.

NQ.

NQ.

thanks for the info naillquinn. we shall see.

pokerface on eclipse had an upgrade im sure ?

#39 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

pokerface that's the bastard, I've just pm'ed someone trying to remember the name.  But yes, that's Epoch, and runs, apparently.

NQ.

#40 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

I have a dev copy of the emulator, not graphic tools or anything in there.

The roms do run, reels do spin and machine plays.. Nothing tangiable at all to show people, i just use it to run roms on to see what version etc they are and whether they run.

Pokerface is definitely £25/£35/£75 jackpot setting on Epoch, the rom does run. I believe i have Bucks Bunny somewhere also running on Epoch tech £35 or £75 jackpot, can't remember.

Epoch tech is still also currently supported by one of the major repair centres for fruit machine boards. They have a test rig which i have been promised as soon as the tech is delisted.

I just hope Jon, KK, is actually ok and nothing has happened to him health wise etc as he was regularly in touch with my to try roms i have for him along with trying them in a real set up to see what was happening.... That is how the SEC meters in the emu were sorted out.

I have mailed him several times now with no response......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users