141 replies to this topic

#21 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

its a bit like when the patents will run out for the orginal bar x from the 1980s then

#22 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

does this mean other manufactures will be able to do Dond and clones of in around 2060 ooh of course they do now I expect bleefruit will still be producing that crap for many years to come.  2060 what will the jackpot/stake be then £10,000jp £25 a spin which know one will win, ohh yes they do this today to as in FOBT,S

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#23 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Yes.

#24 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yes.

Welcome back mate.

#25 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

re the point made over the right pc to run amber!

I too am looking to purchase a new pc and havn't a clue what to be looking for!!

And I don't understand much of the response you gave to Tommy C ,Guitar re specifications etc-lol.-im dead thick when it comes to anything tech wise :err:

So in basic form could anyone point me in the right direction of what pc I should be looking for.

Any help appreciated

Jay

#26 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

I have no issues with it mate your all doing a great job and the more the better :)

#27 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

lamping a layout manually with a off and a on image to prove it can be done

only 30 more lamps to go

the mmfe lamps numbers are a god send

Edited by banditboy2006, 26 April 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#28 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

I wasn't treading on anyones toes, nor pissing on anybodys fireworks, it was just a point of view. I guess layout creators could consider it as honour amongst thieves ??!

I, as many other are indeed very grateful to all involved.

and no mr deathclaw, its not a simple process of firing up photoshop - theirs a scanner involved too!

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

Correct nails lots involved in making these games for all to play. I was a while ago going to start a topic on layout creation, so now we're in this debating mood now is the right time.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#30 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

I don't think we need this thread at all the reaction of 'Deathclaw' or whatever his name is, is a little stupid regardless of whether its scanned or drawn its not yours to claim ownership of the artwork of a machine it belongs to the respective owner the legalities of using artwork is then in the hands of the sony vs bleem case which sony lost so provided credit is given where credit is due anyone can use a publicly released layout to make another.

In a nutshell, did you ask Barcrests permission to use their artwork to begin with?

Also at the risk of being argumentative isn't redoing Line Up for Amber pointless as you stated that we already have a plethora of line up layouts for mfme?

#31 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

I don't think we need this thread at all the reaction of 'Deathclaw' or whatever his name is, is a little stupid regardless of whether its scanned or drawn its not yours to claim ownership of the artwork of a machine it belongs to the respective owner the legalities of using artwork is then in the hands of the sony vs bleem case which sony lost so provided credit is given where credit is due anyone can use a publicly released layout to make another.

In a nutshell, did you ask Barcrests permission to use their artwork to begin with?

Also at the risk of being argumentative isn't redoing Line Up for Amber pointless as you stated that we already have a plethora of line up layouts for mfme?

I don't need to ask Barcrest's permission. Quite simply, up until 1989 unless the artwork was specifically copyrighted with a C in a circle then it isn't copyrighted, end of. Even a ( C ) does not count. Thus, Barcrest did not copyright artwork. They did, however, patent the technology running in the machines (like Autohold, Autonudge, GAIN and so on) and these patents are displayed on the machines themselves.

Other minor provisions were added in 1990 and 1991 but for the most part anything that was not specifically copyrighted before 1989 is not copyright.

There was no point in spending out the money putting copyrights on glass artwork because of the lifespan of the machines.

So. If I create any artwork after 1989 it is now automatically copyrighted, with or without a C in a circle.

Even in these cases the copyright belongs to the author, or designer. Not Barcrest. They would belong to the person who originally put pen to paper, so that would be the artist.

http://en.wikipedia....atents_Act_1988

Edited by Deathclaw, 27 April 2014 - 09:19 AM.

Fruitworkz current projects..

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#32 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

whats the best way to ask a person permission about doing coverting there layout when they haven't been on in over a year or no

and can all the past and present layout designer listed here

dad
tommyc
pook
vecs
ploggy
fusion
bugs
geddy
bruce george
and anybody else with a million alias on here or what ever you wont to call youselfs

can you get me a simple yes or no if you wont any of your layouts for amber

or let me know what you don't wont doing

I think any decent member of this scene would help you try and improve upon what they released (other than PEN1, thats perfection Harvey even said so) but yeah Id give you any art, or help I could. And I think 99% of the scene would too.

quite funny in my eyes. you dont ask permission from say barcrest who spent thousands on the design. you ask somebody who scanned it and loaded it into photoshop?

very polite of you, but rather ironic. (just my point of view)

Big difference, and the reason this forum exists. MPU34 was a pay product and Barcrest got pissed at Chris (no he aint evil, actually one of the good guy coders ... Shock I know() so to solve the problem he made it free.

Barcrest and the rest do what they do for the love of money, we don't. Courts tend to side with those not out for self gain, and it could also be argues we are promoting the brand by doing this. 

I know off the books conversations Iv'e had with people within the industry love it, and I've even got resources this way - as they wanted me to do their project lol.... Infact there is code in all of the emulators that wouldn't be there without industry help.... figure that one out.

So you think that making a layout is as simple as scanning in a image to Photoshop?

Dear lord.

Any way...

I don't want my layouts 'converted' into Amber. There is no point. MFME 3.x will scale the layout to be as big or small as you like. Amber allows images to be enormous, it pans and it scrolls. 

I really don't see any reason at all logically why people would want to just take some one else's layout and then convert it into Amber. There's absolutely nothing to be gained from it.

Just download a flyer/photos and make a layout from scratch.

I was going to pull you post apart, but instead I'm just going to attack you. And Mods, please this f***er deserves it, he almost ended one EMU over night and god, if I dug out IRC logs how low this rat would go just to feel special and have something others didnt is beyond reproach. For the newbies here, this is Andrew Tutton ([edited out by admin]) he single handedly did more damage to this scene than any manufacturer or even group of people did. He is absolute poison, I would personally spend time ripping all the art from his layouts for the scene to use, but alas, its so shit its not worth the time.

Forget this dick, and as it goes "Keep calm and carry on" there are a few of us old fogies about now 12 years in FME!!! to get rid of this scumbag.

And  if you can make a layout better. Do it, thank where you got the art and help just out of good manners. But nothing else is needed. Unless your over 21 and cute, inwhich case PM me.

Day, publicly out of the closet, Sleeper/.

One last point im not sure on, a legal mate of mine is still sleeping so can't ask. But all the cease and desist letters I got were because of "Art Work!" and I have a feeling that's the key - I don't think Art has a copyright expiration...? Not sure though, will edit and correct when ive found out.

#33 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Deathclaw raises some important issues regarding converting other peoples layouts. I don't have a problem personally as long as the standard of layout isn't digressed in the process. Guitar converted my Snakes and Ladders layout and it looks terrible in amber due to the way I lamped the layout in mfme. Simply converting someone elses layout is a major shortcut in learning the basics of amber.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#34 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Nice to see a couple of members turning up here :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#35 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Deathclaw raises some important issues regarding converting other peoples layouts. I don't have a problem personally as long as the standard of layout isn't digressed in the process. Guitar converted my Snakes and Ladders layout and it looks terrible in amber due to the way I lamped the layout in mfme. Simply converting someone elses layout is a major shortcut in learning the basics of amber.

J

Then its HIS layout is it not? none of us own the artwork so it can  never be "ours" And we all learn, my first attempts were shit, rather than get upset - help.

Thats what I used to love about this place. That and the Tutton bashing..... TMs been alerted lol :D

Edited for spelling

Edited by Daysleeper, 27 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#36 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Then its HIS layout is it not? none of own the artwork so it can't ever be "ours" And we all learn, my first attempts were shit rather than get upset - help.

Thanks what I used to love about this place. That and the Tutton bashing..... TMs been alerted lol :D

You're totally missing the point. Which isn't surprising, given the amount of hatred filled deluded crap you've posted.

It's a shame that you're not working constructively here.

Any way. To convert a layout into Amber takes pretty much nothing. You read a readme and you follow the instructions. It doesn't teach you anything at all about Amber. All it does is tell you how to dump lamps out of MFME and then load them into Amber, lamp numbers and all.

Changing the artwork so it becomes yours does not make it yours.

As for the rest of your post? tbh I've spent two hours sitting here (nearly three now) thinking of a way to reply to it. But tbh it's so weird and deluded that even I am having trouble.

However, to cover a couple of your points.

I did not kill the scene. I'd love to think I had that sort of power over people (just for the laughs) but sadly it isn't to be. Whoever did that contacted the MAME devs (something I would know nothing about, even less because I've spent the last six years building custom computers) and forced Chris to release his source code. Which, knowing Chris (the obsessive little person he is) would have been the nail in the coffin.

However, even the dick head that did that did not kill the scene, so even then you're being incredibly over dramatic.

As for your sexual preferences? really don't care, that's your business (still a bit confused as to why you would plaster that all over a forum but hey, your life).

As for your ability to harbour hatred for over eight years? again, that would be your preference. Personally I couldn't give a shit. Maybe that's down to the large doses of pills I take, maybe I'm just getting old and don't f*****g care.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#37 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

So you are implying that I can simply rip an mfme layout convert it into amber and it's my layout?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#38 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

So you are implying that I can simply rip an mfme layout convert it into amber and it's my layout?

J

All you do is export the on lamps and then put them into a folder Amber automatically creates called "Import".

It reads the positions (X and Y) and the lamp numbers. It automatically masks anything black. The same goes for the reels, you simply import.

That did not work with Line Up. Even if it did that would be beside the point as the artwork for it was drawn @ 1800 pixels high and 1024 wide to make sure it will fit any width desktop.

At the point Line Up began Amber was not 'mpu3 ready'. Nick had contacted me at various points over the past few years and I'd said I wanted nothing to do with it. Mostly because I did not have the means (only two gaming PCs not set up for anything else).

Any way, the sound was broken (now fixed). The lamp situation was broken (the emu could not run the same lamp numbers in two lamps, so the nudge up buttons, start gamble button etc did not work) and the meters were broken. All of this is being fixed by the day, MPU3 will be ready when Line Up releases.

What has been causing issues is people basically yes, stealing layouts, putting their names on them and then releasing them with the claims they are their own.

There are about four 'proper' layouts for Amber and all of them have been pretty much made by Ploggy. That's of course unless I've missed any but I don't think I have. The main offering with Amber is basically breaking the graphical restrictions of MFME. The ones you will be fully aware of J as they are the ones you asked Chris to address and like the rest of us you just got ignored as Chris wasn't bothered about payout sounds and so forth, for example.

Any way, it would be nice to see you making some layouts for Amber. The only restrictions with it IMO are the author of the layouts and his/her knowledge. It really is quite staggering what it can do over MFME.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#39 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

You're totally missing the point. Which isn't surprising, given the amount of hatred filled deluded crap you've posted.

No I haven't YOU DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE ART, CODE, ROM or in your case probs not even your PC it was made on.That you likely scammed from the scene eh?

It's a shame that you're not working constructively here.

I am, I'm saying to the new gen of creators go ahead. Do as you want, learn. make new layouts... what can be more constructive?

And who cares what platform they are on? Unless BFM eh? as you were too stupid to even make a lamp work.without help. 

Any way. To convert a layout into Amber takes pretty much nothing. You read a readme and you follow the instructions. It doesn't teach you anything at all about Amber. All it does is tell you how to dump lamps out of MFME and then load them into Amber, lamp numbers and all.

Good for amber, hope someone will convert mine :)

Changing the artwork so it becomes yours does not make it yours.

As for the rest of your post? tbh I've spent two hours sitting here (nearly three now) thinking of a way to reply to it. But tbh it's so weird and deluded that even I am having trouble.

You have no deference, I have logs of you trying to weasel in between me Hans and DT\Chris when we were struggling to sync multi-CPU platforms. You don't even know what that means, yet you wanted part of it... such a low life.

However, to cover a couple of your points.

I did not kill the scene. I'd love to think I had that sort of power over people (just for the laughs) but sadly it isn't to be. Whoever did that contacted the MAME devs (something I would know nothing about, even less because I've spent the last six years building custom computers) and forced Chris to release his source code. Which, knowing Chris (the obsessive little person he is) would have been the nail in the coffin.

Didn't say you killed it, its still here. I said your poison who will damage it.

However, even the dick head that did that did not kill the scene, so even then you're being incredibly over dramatic.

As for your sexual preferences? really don't care, that's your business (still a bit confused as to why you would plaster that all over a forum but hey, your life).

Then why mention it? Tempted? LOL you would never be able to scrounge enough cash from the decent folk of this scene for me to even look at you :p

As for your ability to harbour hatred for over eight years? again, that would be your preference. Personally I couldn't give a shit. Maybe that's down to the large doses of pills I take, maybe I'm just getting old and don't f*****g care.

8 Years? Try life. I'm debating coming back for a bit, I have a lot of stuff that would be helpful to the scene unlike you. I just cant bare another super SUper Mega amazing DX 28000x46000 res layout. Or "Eye bleeder" as we used to call them.  

Get back under your Rock.

Edited by Daysleeper, 27 April 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#40 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

You still don't seem to understand.

You seem to think I want to sit here and argue with you over ridiculously pathetic shit from a decade ago. You also seem to think that people will be, for some odd reason, interested in said shit from a decade ago.

They're not. All they give a f*** about is what they can download. It's never changed. You have those who are willing to make a complete spectacle out of themselves (as you are here) and those who didn't give a f***.

Me? I can't be arsed to sit here and argue with you. Mostly because I have too much going on (building a bespoke kitchen for example, oh, and getting married and going on a honeymoon). You? fill your boots. If you want to air your dirty laundry in public so that the bullshitters have plenty to read then do carry on.

Your old rustic view of the scene is no more. Things have changed. But hey, as I said, if you want to argue and spit bile then carry on as you wish.

As for your view of my layouts? then I would love to see you do better, literally. So there you have it. Why not just STFU and do what you claim to be so good at. That way we all win, and you don't have to tell the world all of your dark secrets.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users