114 replies to this topic

#41 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well it seems like Brownbag has let us down and is not going to pay for his share of the flyers.

I'm stuck now as the seller wants full payment and I cant do that alone.

I can pay for my winning bids plus can add more towards the rest, I have also had a donation from richy1976 but we are still short by approx. £55 - £60.

I'm trying to bargain with the seller but as I'm not the winner of the lots its not easy...

#42 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

What..........!!!!

I will add a fiver, do you have a PP account samson?

Come on all, 12 people at a fiver... 

Brownbag what happened?

#43 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

What..........!!!!

I will add a fiver, do you have a PP account samson?

Come on all, 12 people at a fiver... 

Brownbag what happened?

I do have paypal mate yes.

what happened is well.. brownbag that's what happened thought all was good with him but again too good to be true..

the seller has everything ready to send he spent a while getting it all sorted to send to me today a got a ok price for the combined postage but I have been let down by brownbag...

as I said I am willing to pay so much myself but cant afford the whole lot myself. I have also said im not keeping these for me but for anyone that wants access to them they will have it.

If anyone does want to donate towards the cost please PM me and I will give you my paypal details.

#44 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

What's going on BrownBag

#45 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well it seems like Brownbag has let us down and is not going to pay for his share of the flyers.

I'm stuck now as the seller wants full payment and I cant do that alone.

I can pay for my winning bids plus can add more towards the rest, I have also had a donation from richy1976 but we are still short by approx. £55 - £60.

I'm trying to bargain with the seller but as I'm not the winner of the lots its not easy...

I don't see why you can't finance these alone as only 4 days ago you claimed to have offered the seller £200. Yet you only managed to place bids on a maximum of 14 auctions out of 29 and was outbid on 4 despite telling everyone you would be bidding on almost all of them and claimed to me you had maximum bids across 16 auctions. :rolleyes:.

Then you publicly applaud me in this thread for winning some of the auctions, when I won the majority at 19 and you won 10 which mine cost 5x more (excluding all postage). I private messaged you between live auctions to state mine had already risen to £80 and requested how much yours had totaled to which you estimated £100 plus when in actual fact it was more like £20 and mine was £100. Which I had to confront you about & request we paid half.

I asked twice what spec scanner he had and he failed to tell me, I private messaged the seller to confirm if certain flyers were included in the auction and if it was possible to provide me a list of all the included flyers which he overlooked & ignored my request twice then only partially answered it the third time claiming all flyers had been boxed up ready to go.

I emailed admin requesting Samsons activity level and whether he thought Samson was capable of scanning and uploading 240 flyers in a reasonable amount of time (4 weeks) due to certain aspects like file formats, lossless file sizes, color working environments, internet connection speed, file storage hosts etc etc and received no response so due to all of the above I have no confidence or trust in Samsons ability to scan & upload all of the flyers or to communicate with me honestly and accurately so I withdrew my offer and said he could buy them all if he wanted.

He's clearly lied about offering the seller £200, has mislead about his involvement in bidding on flyers. It was the last 45 to 90 minutes I checked all 29 auctions and could see Samson had only bid on 14 so with-in the last 30 or so minutes I placed maximum bids across all auctions I could see Samson wasn't present on or had already been outbid on and emailed to inform him I was bidding & happy to have them shipped to his address as per my early gesture that I would indirectly strengthen his bids (Assuming he was bidding on them all) which I found he wasn't so I directly bid on the ones he hadn't and had no intentions on bidding on.

It's disappointing to think I could trust Samson, especially as he is publicly supporting a dementia charity. Shame on you! :policeman:  Obviously I no longer feel like paying for the flyers as Samson won some of the good ones and I have no one to scan

Edited by Brownbag, 03 September 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#46 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

From the onset I saw this as a duel-bid?

Why not just get what you have both got..........guy's calm down yeah...

Jesus there's too many slagging wars going on!

#47 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't see why you can't finance these alone as only 4 days ago you claimed to have offered the seller £200. Yet you only managed to place bids on a maximum of 14 auctions out of 29 and was outbid on 4 despite telling everyone you would be bidding on almost all of them and claimed to me you had maximum bids across 16 auctions. :rolleyes:.

Then you publicly applaud me in this thread for winning some of the auctions, when I won the majority at 19 and you won 10 which mine cost 5x more (excluding all postage). I private messaged you between live auctions to state mine had already risen to £80 and requested how much yours had totaled to which you estimated £100 plus when in actual fact it was more like £20 and mine was £100. Which I had to confront you about & request we paid half.

I asked twice what spec scanner he had and he failed to tell me, I private messaged the seller to confirm if certain flyers were included in the auction and if it was possible to provide me a list of all the included flyers which he overlooked & ignored my request twice then only partially answered it the third time claiming all flyers had been boxed up ready to go.

I emailed admin requesting Samsons activity level and whether he thought Samson was capable of scanning and uploading 240 flyers in a reasonable amount of time (4 weeks) due to certain aspects like file formats, lossless file sizes, color working environments, internet connection speed, file storage hosts etc etc and received no response so due to all of the above I have no confidence or trust in Samsons ability to scan & upload all of the flyers or to communicate with me honestly and accurately so I withdrew my offer and said he could buy them all if he wanted.

He's clearly lied about offering the seller £200, has mislead about his involvement in bidding on flyers. It was the last 45 to 90 minutes I checked all 29 auctions and could see Samson had only bid on 14 so with-in the last 30 or so minutes I placed maximum bids across all auctions I could see Samson wasn't present on or had already been outbid on and emailed to inform him I was bidding & happy to have them shipped to his address as per my early gesture that I would indirectly strengthen his bids (Assuming he was bidding on them all) which I found he wasn't so I directly bid on the ones he hadn't and had no intentions on bidding on.

It's disappointing to think I could trust Samson, especially as he is supporting a dementia charity. Shame on you! :policeman:  Obviously I no longer feel like paying for the flyers as Samson won some of the good ones and I have no one to scan

bollox bollox and bollox

i don't need to explain myself for anything you have twisted everything the wrong way completely..

i missed a few auctions as i was at work and had my area director on the phone so could not bid anymore on them at that time..

also before i could get in on some of them you had already bid on them so why would i bid against you ?

fpr me to scan the lot and upload that has nothing to do with my activity level at all. my internet speed is very good damn good i would say i can upload 50gbs in less then 12 hours so i would say that's good. as for scanning them and getting them ready say if i did about 2 hours scanning a night i would say all would be scanned in less then a week and that would be uploaded too..

the reason my estimate was high was because i did have some higher max bids set but they went low so my estimate and my actual total would be different...

trust... you are kidding me i have trust here and bringing up about the charity/s i support.... you are low i support them fully im pledged to them and not only by donating but by giving my time to it...

i thought this was going to be a team effort but half way through i had an inkling that something wasn't right that was when i asked you for payment to which you went back to your old ways.

as with my scanner specs i posted that in the shoutbox to which ady and im sure others replied to... ???

im not wasting anymore time on you i have better things to be going like family time then wasting my breath on you..

people here believe what you want to believe im not asking or begging you to stand by me but who has the history ? not me ?

#48 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

bringing up about the charity/s i support.... you are low i support them fully im pledged to them and not only by donating but by giving my time to it...

Respect.

#49 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Respect.

Thanks ady

• ady likes this

#50 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Bringing up your 'public support' for charity is not low, as It has mislead me and others to believe you had integrity. You've mislead, lied and exaggerated throughout our communication which has caused the trust issues. Activity level is relevant as you could be one of those members who only visits the forums during weekends like Pilky did or is more active across other FME sites which I don't visit.

You said in the shoutbox you would be bidding on most of the auctions so I said I was happy to contribute dough and would not bid on any. I find on the day of the auctions were set to end no one was bidding on LOTR's and I emailed you 2 hours prior to auction end to ask if you found out who the other bidder who placed bids across multiple auctions was.

Their was no dual bid, I publicly offered Samson to contribute to help strengthen his bids assuming he would do all of FME's bidding. He only placed bids on 14 auctions and lost 4 auctions despite telling me he had maximum bids across 16 auctions and later claiming to have offered the seller £200's. Then you tried to deceive me by claiming your total would come to £100 plus.. you had already won all your auctions and had not offered to split the cost until my request.

I suspect you've been talking shit to the seller also, probably pissed him off and lost all respect. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves flyers out. I'm entitled to know which flyers are included which he has failed to tell me or even confirm if certain flyers of interest was included in the auction: Monopoly, Coronation St, Crazy Fruits Green, The Royal Family etc etc yet the seller only confirmed Monopoly which I already knew but wanted to know if the cabinet was wonkey!!!! he did not confirm and failed to answer

So far excluding all postage costs my total comes to £100.38 and yours comes to £20.17. Richy1976 has already sent you £25 over Paypal so you're up £4.83

I'm not paying anything until the seller fulfills my requests and lists out all the included flyers and I'm only prepared to pay after you've uploaded the scans. You've quoted less than a week so I will grant you two weeks and if you've meet my expectations I will transfer you the £50. Terms are non negotiable you've money so you advance it.

Edited by Brownbag, 03 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#51 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

as I said before I said an estimate of what mine could be as I had high bids on them.

as I got outbid on some before I could do anything about it you had made a bid on them so why am I going to bid against you ?

you was the one that said you was going to terminate your ebay account due to how much it came to... then asked would I split it with you so I agreed to £65 each approx.... then richy1976 made a donation and all I was waiting for was a payment from you then what a surprise you turn....

enough said

#52 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

as I said before I said an estimate of what mine could be as I had high bids on them.

as I got outbid on some before I could do anything about it you had made a bid on them so why am I going to bid against you ?

you was the one that said you was going to terminate your ebay account due to how much it came to... then asked would I split it with you so I agreed to £65 each approx.... then richy1976 made a donation and all I was waiting for was a payment from you then what a surprise you turn....

enough said

Cause I told you in my private message

I'm withdrawing my offer due to trust issues, you keep tryin' to deceive me so I can't trust you. You can either buy them all from the seller or just pay for your own. Which ever you choose I will leave mine as an unpaid auction unless I find someone else who is able to scan them.

What you going on about ? Trying to deceive you ? When and where ? This some kind of joke ? Mine came to just over £25 yet I still said I would put towards yours.

Also you say trust issues ? I said these would be scanned and available fir everyone and anyone

Why can't you front the money, You will have it back with-in two weeks, huh ? That is fair and reasonable given the circumstance. Yeah I said I would terminate my account because it totaled to £100 excluding postage costs of £40 and it wasn't even the total batch of flyers. Also I want to see you test scan me an image..

Front and back of an album art image. Desired res 2500x2500, 1500x1500, 1000x1000 with a piece of paper which proves it was scanned by you. And you still made no attempts to tell me which scanner you've..

Edited by Brownbag, 03 September 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#53 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

my scanner can produce

Maximum native print resolution 5,760x1,440dpi Max optical resolution 1,200x2,400dpi

#54 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Why can't you front the money, You will have it back with-in two weeks, huh ?

after this you really think I believe you are going to send the money over after ???

#55 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I want manufacturer name & model number, £50 is nothing why are you making such a big fuss. Other alternative is we've the flyers sent to someone else. That is reasonable and you've no reason to doubt my trust, Remember you're the one that has mislead & lied to me after I had extended my trust and offered to have all flyers shipped to you.

I'm not replying back to this thread, if the seller continues to communicate tell him to fulfill my request and list out the flyers.

#56 Idontknow

Idontknow

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I know I will get shot down in flames, but if a central fund ( donation pot ) was set up like I said only just a week ago or so, then someone like ady or another trusted long term member could have bid on the flyers up to a max amount based on members agreement for the scene and avoided all this BS.

#57 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Attached File  img001.jpg   151.18KB   3 downloads

#58 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

That's not good enough, can't have 240 flyers scanned in like that. Res is to low & dull to make good scans. It needs to be like below

of102f.jpg

Edited by Brownbag, 03 September 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#59 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

that's not how they will be scanned in that's an example of what I can do

#60 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Don't know what the problem is, just put the money in the pot as planned brownbag, as you said "£50 is nothing".

So if its nothing to you, you wont mind putting it in then. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users