#41 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

I'll Buy That For A Dollar !

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

ignore previous msg sorry

Edited by POSH4EVA, 24 April 2012 - 07:04 PM.

RAhhhhhh The Beast Is Gonna Pay!!!!

#42 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

download the game you want say aladdins cave it comes in 2 parts roms/layout (pac.file.) extract to desktop you should see white files. next right click your Amber emu and find libraries. double click that then you see files graphics(don,t need yet),layout roms. put the white filed roms into the rom folder and the pac.file. layout into layout folder
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#43 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

ooh yer forgot add as administeration. next click then right click amber and click run as administration then click yes when told to do a green box should appear tick "offline"and set accereration to HAL then click apply and launch the screen will go black then word guitar proudley presents should appear just click screen then "click to continue". then "play" the game you downloaded should be in the list click that screen will be black for about 20seconds and fruit should then appear hope this helps by the way you,ll need Amber version 1.0011 the latest update to play aladdins cave p.s i see posh4eva,s got it working now but could a step by step guide for downloading AMBER and how to install the games correctly be put on the main pages of this and other sites as would be usefull instead of people asking all the time.. 1 thing for a Amber update the darkness slide,s a good feature but is there any way their could be a brightness feature too then if a layouts to dark it could be made brighter

Edited by vectra666, 24 April 2012 - 07:15 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#44 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Ok here is how to put the files in for amber

1, downloaded then and extract them
2, go to my computer, then open local disc C, and find the program files folder, inside there should be a folder called project amber
inside there is the folder saying libraries inside that folder is the folders where you put the layout and the roms in the respected folders.
3, Then do what vectra says above

#45 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Done that guys now all is in order as you can see by my pics attached only thing when i go to launch the game nothing happens just a blank screen and as you can see its saying the sound roms are missing but i have put all the files correctly in the folders grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its probably just me but here are the pics.

Attached Files

#46 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

It says the roms are missing on mine as well, in the Game Viewer. It's like that on everybody's version, and needs sorting. That isn't the reason the game wont load for you. Give it a minute, or so, and see if it loads then. If you can hear sound, but no picture, try and set the Graphic Settings to 'HAL'.

Attached Files

Edited by ploggy, 24 April 2012 - 07:25 PM.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#47 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Ok I had this when you launch amber there is a box syaing show graphic options, click it and there are more will appear tick the boxes (See pic attached) then launch amber

Attached Files

#48 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

It says the roms are missing on mine as well, in the Game Viewer. It's like that on everybody's version, and needs sorting. That isn't the reason the game wont load for you. Give it a minute, or so, and see if it loads then. If you can hear sound, but no picture, try and set the Graphic Settings to 'HAL'.

Hi Ploggy its already set to HAL thanks for that i thought it was a bit weird as i know i followed Dougs step by step anyway i will try again i take it it takes a while to load then?

Ok I had this when you launch amber there is a box syaing show graphic options, click it and there are more will appear tick the boxes (See pic attached) then launch amber

Okies Andy will try that thanks.

#49 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Right sorted guys thanks allot you guys have been so much help wouldn't of had a hope in hell without you.

Thanks again
Brad :)

#50 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I have tried to address a lot of the install issues, or at least get better feedback so I can try and fix them.

please see here.

READ THE RELEASE NOTES http://www.fruit-emu...mber-installer/

Edited by Guitar, 24 April 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#51 theabbey

theabbey

• Regulars
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

I downloaded the latest update to see if it will run the game now.
But sadly not.The reels all reset on start up nice. But when i put money in and press start it is all in very very slow motion.
Even the noise for the credits takes an age.
Cant even get the machine in atract mode when sitting idle.
I was told that amber would be quicker than mfe to run?

#52 draytalon

draytalon

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hmmm, followed all ideas posted on the forums about getting Amber to run, i have all files in the correct folders, i know this because when i launch Amber and click the play button, the games files are there waiting to be played, (damn tease), well, i click on one of them, after about 10-20secs i get an error message about the sound rom not found, ok, so in the libraries file, i open up the game link and see the 3 games there, Aladdin's Cave, Criss Cross Crazy and The Blues Boys. Now all say that the MPU4 program and sound roms are missing. On the sound tab i opened that up and clicked on MPU4, it opened a MPU4 sound setup box, hey great, in the first box there was a flashing cursor with Select Device in grey and a drop down arrow choice, sweet, i opened this up to select my sound device and, well, nothing. I am assuming but as i am not a programmer, that you have to have your sound card in there for the device to pick up and therefore the OKI sounds can be emulated, of course i could be wrong. Now, i am not sure if this is this problem is caused because of the program roms being missing, but the game itself does open in Amber but it is hard to see as it is very dark, and of course, not have the program roms i cannot even play the game. My PC setup is as follows..........

Nvidia GeForce 8400se 512mb vid. card o/c @ 2.2gb
4x1gb mem. ram @ 1333mhz each
AMD Phenom 8650 Triple core @ 2.31ghz o/c @ 4.2ghz
Screen res set @ 1024x768

Amber also set to 1024x768

I am running windows xp x64

I managed after several attempts to get the blues boys to eventually open, even though in the Amber libraries tab/layout it still tells me that the sound roms are missing, but i can actually hear the game, but the problem i am having now, the game itself is way to dark, i can hardly see anything. Also when i start amber up and click on the game i want to play, it will take up to about 10mins to actually activate. Could this be an incompatability issue with windows xp x64, i do have a lot of issues trying to get some of my hardware installed as they do not make drivers for this version of windows, but not sure about the emulator.

Edited by draytalon, 30 April 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#53 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

If when you load the layout it's saying the sound roms cant be found, click on CTRL+W, and browse to the roms folder and add the missing sound rom(s) for the machine and save the layout. If the sound roms are missing for BB, browse to the files 'BBSnd1' & 'BBSnd2'. And if it's for Aladdin's Cave, browse to the sound rom 'alladinscavesnd'.

Remember that after you've added the missing sound roms, and saved the layout, you'll need to exit the emulator completely and load the layout again.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#54 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just installed the emu on a friends pc for him,he's on windows7 ultimate 32 bit intel core 1.87 ghz had no problems at all sounds working and everythings smooth.I've had to log in on my second account as i can't remember my password. tommy
Hold the bells mate.

#55 draytalon

draytalon

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

If when you load the layout it's saying the sound roms cant be found, click on CTRL+W, and browse to the roms folder and add the missing sound rom(s) for the machine and save the layout. If the sound roms are missing for BB, browse to the files 'BBSnd1' & 'BBSnd2'. And if it's for Aladdin's Cave, browse to the sound rom 'alladinscavesnd'.

Remember that after you've added the missing sound roms, and saved the layout, you'll need to exit the emulator completely and load the layout again.

Well copied your idea word for word and still getting the error file. Does the MPU4 have to pick up my sound card in order to play the rom sounds or does this not matter.

#56 joebee1966

joebee1966

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

can any one help,loaded up project amber and put the file's into the right folder's.it all load's up ok then when i press play i get a message run time error 380 invalid property value.thank's

#57 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

can any one help,loaded up project amber and put the file's into the right folder's.it all load's up ok then when i press play i get a message run time error 380 invalid property value.thank's

I have merged you thread as it's related to this one. You may find you get an answer from the posts in this thread. Cheers

Rob

#58 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Are you using v1.0111?

Yes i am using v1.0111 and i get error message "your chosen graphics options are not compatible please choose different settings"
but my monitor resolution is set at 1920x1200 and same resolution settings in amber are set the same plus i used the Hal setting.
I am using an ati Radeon HD5800 Series graphics card.

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#59 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Yes i am using v1.0111 and i get error message "your chosen graphics options are not compatible please choose different settings"
but my monitor resolution is set at 1920x1200 and same resolution settings in amber are set the same plus i used the Hal setting.
I am using an ati Radeon HD5800 Series graphics card.

Bandits there is another version now heres the link,

http://www.fruit-emu...mber-installer/

Hope this works for you

Jay

#60 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Bandits there is another version now heres the link,

http://www.fruit-emu...mber-installer/

Hope this works for you

Jay

Thanks dude will give it a try.

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users