Project Amber The Bugs Problems Suggestions Thread

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 playstephen24

playstephen24

• New Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

got it working now some1 gave me some bad advice but cant get the games up it comes up blank layouts

#22 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Small thing, but with the manual update could it be put in a zip with the components file in a /components folder? That way you can just unzip it directly into the program files\project amber folder.

#23 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I get run-time error 380 invalid property value when trying to play aladdin or criss cross crazy but i can play blues brothers ok

Are you using v1.0111?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#24 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Roms. Having them unzipped. 3 layouts released and it's already getting messy. And some roms will have the same names even though they're different.

Can zip support be added?

Thanks,

BFNQ.

#25 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

or even a sub folder structure where each folder contains the layout, roms and sound for that particular game

j

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#26 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Roms. Having them unzipped. 3 layouts released and it's already getting messy. And some roms will have the same names even though they're different.

Can zip support be added?

Thanks,

BFNQ.

If the roms are in the .dat then it should have a unique CRC and name.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#27 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

^^ Good point

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#28 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

I'll Buy That For A Dollar !

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hi guys & dolls i am still having trouble getting Amber to work i have read through the pages and followed all the steps i can possibly make sense of and i am still coming up with not compatible :( if any one could shed some light as to what i could do it would be much appreciated thanks for your time. P.S I am using Widows Vista.

Attached Files

Edited by POSH4EVA, 24 April 2012 - 05:06 PM.

RAhhhhhh The Beast Is Gonna Pay!!!!

#29 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Not sure if it'll help, but you appear to be running an older version than the current one - maybe upgrading / installing the latest version will help.

#30 wex

wex

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi guys & dolls i am still having trouble getting Amber to work i have read through the pages and followed all the steps i can possibly make sense of and i am still coming up with not compatible :( if any one could shed some light as to what i could do it would be much appreciated thanks for your time. P.S I am using Widows Vista.

what is your screens native resolution? your screenshots are 1200x678 but you have set 1280x950 in Amber graphics options. is that correct?

#31 playstephen24

playstephen24

• New Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

right click on ur desktop and go 2 properties and then settings then look at ur screen size then copy that into project amber settings at the bottom which should work after

#32 playstephen24

playstephen24

• New Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

are the layout creaters stopping making the games for the MFME please say there not because im sick off the project amber try loading a game and it crashes my pc and locks it up and i cant do anything afterwards so i will be removing it from my pc until all the bugs r worked out

#33 wex

wex

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

user error!
Afaik the currently available versions of MFME is not capable of running the machines that are being released on Amber.

#34 playstephen24

playstephen24

• New Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

i mean are games still being made for MFME or are they being stopped if so looks likes i wont be using the site anymore because im getting sick off the stress trying 2 use projest amber (the pain in the arse) no offence to guitar but there gonna be lods off peeps who cant use it because u have to be a master to use the bloody thing

#35 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

what is your screens native resolution? your screenshots are 1200x678 but you have set 1280x950 in Amber graphics options. is that correct?

right click on ur desktop and go 2 properties and then settings then look at ur screen size then copy that into project amber settings at the bottom which should work after

Hi Thanks for getting back to me i changed the resolution as i was tinkering about with it my screen res is 1360x768 and i have just put that into the Amber menu and still no change it still came up with not compatible :(

#36 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Not sure if it'll help, but you appear to be running an older version than the current one - maybe upgrading / installing the latest version will help.

I will give that a bash thanks for that but i don't hold any hope!!!!

#37 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi Thanks for getting back to me i changed the resolution as i was tinkering about with it my screen res is 1360x768 and i have just put that into the Amber menu and still no change it still came up with not compatible :(

What are your compatible monitor resolutions, mate? Make sure that the resolution you set is as same as the one you're currently using. I set mine to 1440x900, because that's the resolution my monitor is currently set to.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#38 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

What are your compatible monitor resolutions, mate? Make sure that the resolution you set is as same as the one you're currently using. I set mine to 1440x900, because that's the resolution my monitor is currently set to.

Right i now have it installed i used the newer version (I should of done this in the first place) so thanks for that Magz now just got to download some games :)

Yes screen res matches now thanks Ploggy.

Thanks for all the help guys

Edited by POSH4EVA, 24 April 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#39 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

If the roms are in the .dat then it should have a unique CRC and name.

Of course.......otherwise then ther dat wouldn't know which set it belonged to, if it didn't check the crc also.

Doh, sorry.

BFNQ.

Edited by bertfry, 24 April 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#40 POSH4EVA

POSH4EVA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Sorry to bug you all again but are there instructions on what you do with the files once you have downloaded the game? Or is it the same as what you would of done on MFME put them all into one file?

Also what do you do to load the game on Amber?

I have tried to have a play around with it and to be honest haven't got a clue
Thanks in advance Brad.

Edited by POSH4EVA, 24 April 2012 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users