Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#61 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

very interesting

#62 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

I,ve got this myself now but is this amber emu going to be released for the boys and girls over at dadsfme soon so all can enjoy its wonders
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#63 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Thanks Guitar, just had a dabble. Seems great so far. Had no problems whatsoever installing this on my fairly standard laptop.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Would be very handy if when you 'browse for rom' in layout creation wizard it would copy that rom to where it requires it, which seems to be the libraries/rom folder.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#64 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

thank you guitar great work

#65 manchesterutd412

manchesterutd412

• New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Thank you for all your hard work you have made a lot of people happy
If you love fruit machines you will always be skint but if you love fruit-emu you will always have money

#66 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Guitar, thanks for all your hard work and perseverance. I waited til today to download, and it looks great. No problems installing on 64-bit Windows 7.

So it's time to get making some layouts. I want to start on a classic for Club Twister, as I've waited now 4 years for this to be emulatable :) Having a little difficulty getting the layout wizard to work, probably because I am missing the sounds. Does anyone have those? I've got only the following program files:

fl106.bin
fl106fp.bin
fl106p.bin

#67 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thank you!

#68 Dr Flopper

Dr Flopper

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

nice one :)

#69 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Guitar, thanks for all your hard work and perseverance. I waited til today to download, and it looks great. No problems installing on 64-bit Windows 7.

So it's time to get making some layouts. I want to start on a classic for Club Twister, as I've waited now 4 years for this to be emulatable :) Having a little difficulty getting the layout wizard to work, probably because I am missing the sounds. Does anyone have those? I've got only the following program files:

fl106.bin
fl106fp.bin
fl106p.bin

This looks like a bug in the wizard as it requires a sound rom I think, which is an oversight given some games dont have sound. If it is that, I'll get afix out asap. No guarantees though.

Would be very handy if when you 'browse for rom' in layout creation wizard it would copy that rom to where it requires it, which seems to be the libraries/rom folder.

It actually does (should) import the roms to the folder when it creates the layout. If its not working then that's a bug.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#70 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

This looks like a bug in the wizard as it requires a sound rom I think, which is an oversight given some games dont have sound. If it is that, I'll get afix out asap. No guarantees though.

It actually does (should) import the roms to the folder when it creates the layout. If its not working then that's a bug.

Yes, that will be why then, I dabbled with a rom that is an mpu4, its a yamaha synth machine so no sampled sound files required.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#71 Jaks

Jaks

• Regulars
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you very much for the new emulator, only just got the chance to download this, now going to have a play, didn't want to without saying thanks first

#72 Sasq123

Sasq123

• New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Fantastic :spinny: Guitar, very nice to see this emulator has reached the public...there are a couple of errors but ill post that in the bugs thread....again great job to all involved (like all the people you see in the intro message)
Edit: Forgot to mention that the addition of meter ticking and tray payout sounds is very nice idd :)

Edited by Sasq123, 14 April 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#73 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

This is what you should see with regards to blues boys. Ignore the other layouts thats just roms loaded into blank layouts.

1) click this
2) select the price of play by clicking it
3) click the play button to load the game

Done.

Attached Files

• Attached File  amb.PNG   165.9KB   60 downloads

#74 theabbey

theabbey

• Regulars
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

I,ve got this myself now but is this amber emu going to be released for the boys and girls over at dadsfme soon so all can enjoy its wonders

Are they like them spoiled kids ?
Gota have everything handed to them ?
Tell em to get of there fat arses and download it here.

#75 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for that. Let me know if you make any progress, I'm going to be gutted if Club Twister is not a runner after all this time :)

#76 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Many thanks for this bud.... nice to see it running at long last.

Bit disappointed in that I have been trying to contact you for the past few weeks with the testing on this, info I have on the MPU4 hopper (From the BWB Championship soccer I have), and the other small favor I asked, yet unable to reach you, but I did not want to seam like I was pressuring you all the time, etc.

Still if you get time and still want the info, gimmie a shout via PM, or on msn if you see me about :)

Edited by stanmarsh14, 15 April 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#77 Proud and Mary

Proud and Mary

• Regulars
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thanks to Guitar, and everyone else involved with it.
and for all the hard work. :beer:
Lookin' fwd to giving tha Blues Boys a go.l seem to remember it was one of the machines l said l'd like to see emulated
in a thread somewhere, seeing as its one of the ones l used to play in Blackpool Mr B's many years ago.

#78 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thanks to Guitar, and everyone else involved with it.
and for all the hard work. :beer:
Lookin' fwd to giving tha Blues Boys a go.l seem to remember it was one of the machines l said l'd like to see emulated
in a thread somewhere, seeing as its one of the ones l used to play in Blackpool Mr B's many years ago.

Yes, many thanks indeed for all your hard work Guitar
and all those involved in the project!
Can't wait for the crystal games, I'm itching to play it!

#79 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Version 1.0106 now available.

Includes an experimental intel chip workaround.
Fixes the last 3 known core bugs. Games running oddly now run ok (cpu issues, unemulated hardware not withstanding)
Fixed one of the digital sound bugs.

http://www.fruit-emu...mber-installer/

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#80 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for all the hard work and persevering with it.Very nice job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users