Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#41 kingslonger

kingslonger

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

how do u get to play anything when theres no layouts or roms in it ?

#42 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Excellent work Guitar can't wait to play some layouts in amber

#43 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thank you to everyone involved in this for all their hard work. Can't wait to be able to play something on it, it sounds awesome!

#44 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

C) Wizard. Now this may shock some of you, hence the explaination. Whilst I have tried as much as possible to reafrain from using the MFME source as a source of information, I have done. I did it out of neccessity rather than anything else. This has been a learning experience for me, and copying something directi is not the best way of learning. I have never owned a hopper based MPU4, nor do I have space for more machines so I'm afraid the hoppers are lifted pretty much directly from MFME. The OKI sound was also inspired by MFME. It was originally going to be a straight C++ to VB conversion, but I couldnt make it work so rewrote it myself from the docs, and it still didn't work, and now its a hybrid of the two, which I have fiddled with until it worked, mostly. So credit where credit is due.

Respect YOU for saying that Guitar.

#45 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the emulator :)

If I could get it running i'd have a dabble at a classic or something.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#46 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

The updated installer is now in the first post of this thread if anyone is interested, it should fix the probles being faced with the original installer.

Rob

#47 frankster200

frankster200

• Regulars
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Guitar!

#48 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Its called winrar a bit like winzip, you can download the winrar from here if you can't extract the rar file http://www.rarlab.com/

Thank you kindly RH. That post and help is much appreciated by me, someone who has a fear of and very limited knowledge on computers. For me responses like yours are exactly the spirit in which the fruit emu "scene" should be about.

Top marks and again thank you.

#49 wullieboy36

wullieboy36

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

thanks guitar

#50 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Admins, can we get a Project Amber layouts section in the downloads please. And can we please change the name of this forum from FMEF to Project Amber. FMEF is dead.

No problem, I'll get it sorted in a min.

Uploads to the Project Amber category will automatically create a release thread.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#51 jackpot7

jackpot7

• Regulars
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for this mate looks very professional ^^
(BAR)(BAR)(BAR)

#52 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Great to see it released, I hope everyone understands what Beta means, i.e. not everything will work properly.

Well done Guitar and thanks to everyone involved even the teaboy/girls.

#53 barxfan

barxfan

• Regulars
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Cheers for something new to look at/play at long last. Much appreciated.

Electrocoin tech next please :cute:

#54 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

thankyou guys especailly guitar for ALL your hard work that,s gone into this hopefully when the fruits arrive we can use it to it,s full use
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#55 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for all your hard work Guitar and everyone else who has made this possible

Chloe :)

#56 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

This release has got me VERY excited. I'm especially excited about all the social aspects of forthcoming releases! Thankyou so so much for your hard work, I really hope you have the biggest sense of achievement since you really do deserve it.

Not sure if its really a bug, as I see you have mentioned about online services not enabled as yet, but when I don't click the "offline" tick box and try "Apply and Launch" it simply hangs. If I click it again I get "Can't initialize digital sound system. error code:14"

Just a heads up, but I'm sure your already aware of the bugs :-)

Thanks again. Jamie

#57 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Its late and I've just finished debugging for the night. A fair few errors and issues have been thrown up (as was expected) and will be fixed as they can be,

I have tweaked the layout format to account for some of the bugs and been up all night with Robinhood75 and Ploggy again. Layouts I am assured will be released shortly.

The issue regarding Intel/SiS graphics chips, there is not a lot I can do at present. I will do what I can when I can. The issue appears to be caused by their rather dodgy implemetation of 3D gfx function calls. If I can fix it in the emu I will if not then PC owners should be able to upgrade the gfx card in their machine to bypass the issue (even the cheapest £30 card will do). Those with laptops, well, not much can be done.

Please note this is Intels fault, not mine.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#58 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

I will release an updated emulator tomorrow shortly before the layouts are released. Hopefully with a few core bug fixes, and other stuff to improve on what we have.

We will get through most of the bugs, please be patient.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#59 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

"been up all night with Robinhood75 and Ploggy again", you dirty little hussies!

:)

BF-NQ.

#60 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

I have tweaked the layout format to account for some of the bugs and been up all night with Robinhood75 and Ploggy again. Layouts I am assured will be released shortly.

Are you lot vampires or sommat :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users