• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Barcrest's 'Hi-Flier' and 'Superstar' were 2 classic examples of shite machines. If you manages to pass the £2 win Mark, you were fortunate. It seemed no matter which feature you collected, it was a £2 win. Always landing on question marks. Used to spin in reel wins of £1 very regularly, exchange to feature after 1 gamble (bearing in mind that the machine would round up the £1.20 win to £2), then spend ages on the feature not even getting close at passing through the £2 block. Total garbage and probably the machine that finally got me to kick my habit.
Posted Image

#22 SourceLeisure

SourceLeisure

• Regulars
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Must Say I Was Dissapointed With The Horizon Game  

Found Mpu5 (Games Are Terrible & Actully Boring After Your Put Tennah Through 
(But Admittedly From A Supplier Ect - There Reliable :) & near Bomb Proof

Also Many Game's In These Cabinets Follow The Same Feature Layout 

Ie A Dart Board Style Center Or A Square Board Going Inwards With A 4 Digi Display 

(Every Things The Same Now days) 

#23 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Oh the memorys, heres a list of machines I have ever owned inc the worst and best i have had.

In no particular order and bound to be some I have forgotten about from the late 80's early 90's ! :)

Stake up ( worst ever! )
Lucky strike ( MPU3 clubber ) second worst ever!
Golden Award
Alphabet
Silver Shadow
Nudge Bonanza deluxe
Special Reserve deluxe
Rat race
Win again
Action bank original x2 sold and rebought one
Big break deluxe ( my best clubber ever )
Go for gold ( MPU3 clubber )
Moneybelt
Supafruit (100 clubber)
Plus money deluxe
Hi lo climber
Fire ball 4.80 both rom sets
Cops n robbers clubber ( S2 ) x2 sold and rebought one
Monopoly 60
Grand slam 1000
Big bucks
Roller Coaster (10 and 15 roms)
Prize is right
Blue Moon
Super blackjack club
Pontoon
Mega bucks
Nickelodeon
Club Climber
Nudge XS

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#24 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Anything with the initials D.O.N.D in it.

yeah !  exactly todd !!!

#25 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Monopoly 60 was awsome fruitman noooo!

Anyway off the top of my head worst machines (for gameplay/profit) for me include:

1st one -  i cant remember the name but it was made by "Extreme" and was in the pubs maybe 5 years ago now. i believe and was a £25 jackie and was complete bollocks...sorry cant think of the name. lol.

Doctors n Nurses

Dosh n Pecks (Barcrest) - A clone of Revolution/Golden Dragon and Battle Axe, except this clone was a real bugger for killing you on 2/11 gambles even when full.

High Flyer/Superstar - As Zoltar explained thats why they were garbage.

Anyting made by vivid- All just too obvious, if the first board offers lets say £3 then kills you, you put another £3-£4 in and the  following board will offer £4-£5  and so on

And finally almost all £70 jackpot machines, i can only think of a couple that ive enjoyed playing  - Barcrest's Alien for one, and Its AMAZING aint too bad for gameplay.

#26 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

vivids £5 (10p) adders and ladders, my local nobles has a single play version that i dont bother playing no more since it last robbed off me £50. 

Also anything with Noel Edmunds face on it

#27 royal exchange

royal exchange

• Bronze Supporters
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

There are 2 machines that I have played that have been the most tedious and vicious that I have ever played, the first one is a £70 random gold which was dropping off the first quid. I put in over £400 and did not get a single jackpot. I was gutted, however a month later I went back on it hoping to get some revenge on it, I put a tenner in and I managed to take out £370. The owners were'nt to chuffed with that and they have changed the way the machine plays. But I wont play it again. The second machine has got to be bar x seven or any of the magic 7's if you catch these wrong it will cost you a fortune. I once put in £80 without getting a single win just mind numbing tedious pressing off the start button. The machine I love to hate is oxo super reels can lose a lot but could also win a fair amount. I do love a good oxo.

Sorry I don't know how to do an emulator, im just hear to play and make new pals.

We make a great team don't we?

#28 Jordan!

Jordan!

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Deal or no deal - Can you beat the #@#@#@#? (Banker) - Bell fruit Group LTD. 

Took £20 with not a single hold, nudge or board. Only set to a fiver Jackpot as well. Although it hasn't been chipped against the COB cheat yet... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Worst, Fruit, machine, reel, horrible, rubish, questio, question, answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users