• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

I hate it..does my head in how they can get away with charging over the odds for certain things.

Was in Glasgow with the missus yesterday for a day out and i forgot to get fags before i left home..so having spent the day in Glasgow i forgot all about it till i got to the train station.

I was like...shit !!! i forgot to get fags..id be as well getting them here save me going to the supermarket when i get home...there is a WH-Smith ill nip in there and get them.

BIG MISTAKE !!! not even noticing i asked for 20 fags..she rang it up £7.99 !!!!! WTF !!!!! i usually pay about £6.25 for 20 fags..the mark up of nearly 2 quid is fkin out of order !!

How can this be justified .. and i know its the same with Airports..thats why i always try and avoid buying anything there...rant over !!!
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Yep absolute piss take todd,this aint the same but theres a bp garage just at the bottom of our estate,in a shop a chocolat bar is noramlly 40p or 50p,if you goto the garage they are double that,they had maltesers just the average small bag you get in the shops £1.03 WTF same with crisps nearly a £1 for a bog standared bag of crisps.So not only are they robbin everyone blind with the over priced petrol it also goes on the stuff in the shop aswell.

Edited by Tommy c, 17 September 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#3 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

i can beat that one todd mate, £4.35 for 10 richmond superkings from manchester coach station and 4.49 for a small box of amber leaf baccy - needless to say,i didnt buy them lol - robbing shites :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#4 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

These small so called convenience stores down here are a rip off, not only do they charge well over the odds, but dont ring it up on the till either. typical scenarion is a couple of foreign brothers living together, open from 6am till 10pm milking the trade and not declaring any of it.

`send the buggers back`

#5 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

i always thought there was a "fair pricing policy" i know convenience stores can more or less charge what they wqant for goods and services,but some of them really do take the screaming piss.

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

the attitue is, pay or go elsewhere.

#7 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

Aye i mean im no penny pinching miser .. (even though im Scottish ;) ) dont mind paying the odd 20 or 30p over for summat..but 2 quid is fkin ridiculous...

#8 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

They got us well and truly by r short and curlies :biglaugh:
But then when your out of somethin and nowt else close by,what do we all do???Pay over the RRP
P.stations gota be the worst,by a mile.Not just the vast contrast in petrol/diesel prices,but also with their range of fast foods and snacks etc.
On the way to Newcastle last week we stopt at 1 near to Wetherby.Thought get a breakfast,said 2 for £9.We got to counter,"Oh the offer not on today" ,so its £7.95 each breki :err: -was 1bacon,sausage,egg,mushroom and bit of toast.Thanks but no thanks!.
So we thought well its just after 11 so lets have BK-Get ya loan ready lol,was near on £2.00 more for the meals.WTF :mad:
And many of them have a different petrol/diesel price on 1 side of the road to the other-sometimes as much as 5p a litre difference.

Edited by gemini17, 17 September 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#9 xvxvx

xvxvx

• New Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

I hate it..does my head in how they can get away with charging over the odds for certain things.

Was in Glasgow with the missus yesterday for a day out and i forgot to get fags before i left home..so having spent the day in Glasgow i forgot all about it till i got to the train station.

I was like...shit !!! i forgot to get fags..id be as well getting them here save me going to the supermarket when i get home...there is a WH-Smith ill nip in there and get them.

BIG MISTAKE !!! not even noticing i asked for 20 fags..she rang it up £7.99 !!!!! WTF !!!!! i usually pay about £6.25 for 20 fags..the mark up of nearly 2 quid is fkin out of order !!

How can this be justified .. and i know its the same with Airports..thats why i always try and avoid buying anything there...rant over !!!

Yeah I bought a pie at the train station came to like 2.60.I won 18 on the dond clone so it was not to bad .I had to stop playing they wanted to swap the machine over (I would of anyway as it was shit) .guys came in with the machine on the trolly it was a dond so they swap the clone for a real dond lol .
It was like 1.20 for a poxy kit kat ,joke..
Run187/runinc/judas messias and probably a whole load of other names have been used by me here..

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

When I went to Manchester airport in 1997 a pack of crisps was £1.10 and the price in a corner shop was just 47p and a 500ML bottle of coke was £1.95 and in the corner shop would have been 79p

Its the same at petrol stations, motorway stations, airports, ferry ports, train stations. They have you as there is no other place to go so they ram up the price to crazy prices cos they know u cant go any other place. Almost £3 for a single can of carling on FGW trains in the shop you can buy 4 for £3.99

There needs to be a cap like when the government came down on phone companies about the price of calls to ther networks and texts, they had to make them a fair price.

But as long as people keep buying it they will continue to sell it at them stupid prices.

Not only that but the cost of trains is crazy too and they are just about to ramp it up againg the tossers.

#11 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Buying cola at a Cineworld. They half fill the cup with ice then fill it with watered down cola from a pump. The most expensive part is the cardboard cup they fill up - and then they charge £3.00 for it.

bj

#12 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

Buying cola at a Cineworld. They half fill the cup with ice then fill it with watered down cola from a pump. The most expensive part is the cardboard cup they fill up - and then they charge £3.00 for it.

bj

wqtf BJ - almost as bad as 4 qwuid for a jumbo hot dog :o

#13 markleshark

markleshark

• New Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

ok check this out,,,, went on the ferry on monday to uk, (i live in france) the mrs says can i go + get some duty free fags pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease???? haha ok i said,,,, get yourself 200!!! now a pack of 20 superkings in france is 5.50euros === so therefore the DUTY FREE fags would be cheaper right?? fookin wrong, very fookin wrong!!!! she paid 67.50euros!! ok i know its only 1.25 a pack more but on 1 single transaction its fookin 12.50!!! ok ok i know you cant exactly say fook that + walk off to a shop further up the street, but thats the main point here,,, we hadnt run out of fags, + it wasnt a 24hr petrol station where you know it will cost MORE,,,,, but does duty free not imply its cheaper???? OBVIOUSLY NOT YOU ROBBING BADTSRDS P + O FERRIES!!!!! from now on P + O stands for PISS OFF!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#14 shaundolphin

shaundolphin

• New Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Was at Trowell Service station on the M1 last week with the missis coming back from fetching a laptop off ebay, Missis went off to the loo and i was feeling a bit fruity, so decided to buy some Johnnys for when we got home, £6.99 for a 3 pack !!!! WTF ? Cheaper to have a kid !!! Needless to say i didn't buy 'em and ended up stopping again at 24hr Tesco, Same 3 pack £1.79 !!! How can they justify that ? Robbin' c***s !!!

#15 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

yeah in pub bogs you used to get 3 rubber johnnies for a quid. £6.99 now f*** that im off to lidl. 100 sandwich bags for 49p

The Yorkie bars are not on me

#16 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

yeah in pub bogs you used to get 3 rubber johnnies for a quid. £6.99 now fuck that im off to lidl. 100 sandwich bags for 49p

hahaha class :)

#17 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Was at Trowell Service station on the M1 last week with the missis coming back from fetching a laptop off ebay, Missis went off to the loo and i was feeling a bit fruity, so decided to buy some Johnnys for when we got home,

This is probably a wee bit TMI .. but i get where your coming from about the price of them..

#18 boromag

boromag

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Went to Tesco to get some diesel at £1.32.9 a litre (why they dont round it up to the £1 I'll never know) and literally half a mile away BP has it at £1.39.9!and the forecourt was full! We have foreign companies such as Total and ASDA which is American owned now cutting prices but isn't BP BRITISH Petroleum? As long as people are just pulling in to the closest place to fill up these companies will just keep upping the prices. I also noticed that my local Tesco and Sainsburys Express have 4 pints of milk at £1.49 yet 2 doors away there is a shop that sells it from the same farm at £1 for 4 pints or £1.70 for 8! Multi Billion£ companies that just want to exploit the normal shopper.
Rant over, but I think everyone should take note and vote with their feet as other countries do. Prices would fall overnight.

#19 craigmac

craigmac

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

i like judging the state of the ecomomy by the price of space raiders! in the good old days they were 10p, a couple of years ago 15p which i could handle....... but now in my local shop 25 f*****g pence!!!!!!! no way they have really over stepped the mark there! as much as i love them i just cant pay 25p for a packet :-( it sad but now i just have to steal them instead! how criminal!!! and dont even get me started on CURLY WURLY'S or CHOMP'S!!!!!!!!!

#20 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

Was at Trowell Service station on the M1 last week with the missis coming back from fetching a laptop off ebay, Missis went off to the loo and i was feeling a bit fruity, so decided to buy some Johnnys for when we got home, £6.99 for a 3 pack !!!! WTF ? Cheaper to have a kid !!! Needless to say i didn't buy 'em and ended up stopping again at 24hr Tesco, Same 3 pack £1.79 !!! How can they justify that ? Robbin' c***s !!!

Tell you why it's so expensive to burn rubber there (I live close to the place, over in Long Eaton / J25), is that Ilkeston is just next door, known as cock happy Valley :D

As for refreshments at train stations....... nearly all ran by SSP (Sister worked for em, with their sister company Eurest, who normaly do the Cafs, like ASDA and Tesco), and well known for ripping folks off, and just to add insult, most of these mini shopping malls / cafs, are also ran by the same scumbags, with prices sometimes even worse thantrain stations.

Only place I get coffee now (If one is about), AMT Espresso, as although not cheap, certanaly get a very good product.

Also a tip for you who use the train loads..... apply for an Bite Card, which gets you 20% near enough everything at nearly all SSP operated places....

http://www.bitecard.co.uk/default.asp

Edited by stanmarsh14, 18 September 2011 - 12:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users