Photo
- - - - -

Withe The New Emus Incoming Which 5 Layouts Do You Most Want?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

There are no MPU3 roms with "Cashcade" in the name currently available. At least not in the rom-dat, anyway.

The only ones we've got at the moment are for a System 5 machine with the same name.

They are definately dumped but just not available publically yet. I believe a layout was being attempted and now the member is taking a sabattical due to some FME politics thingy. One day, maybe. BUT, if MFME needs an update get them to run then I suspect not, though with the source now being available for MFME 2.0 presumably a coder could get around any non running issues. Need the ROMs first but.

bj

#42 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Oh well n/mind. Not the end of the world. I'm not surprised to be honest - Wizard was recieving loads of grief from the mame people - it's enough to piss anybody off.

Hi

Personaly if I was wizzy i would have just told the MAME lot to Foxtrot Oscar,

Cliff c

#43 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hi

Personaly if I was wizzy i would have just told the MAME lot to Foxtrot Oscar,

Cliff c

Yeah that wouldnt of worked

http://mamedev.org/legal.html
Posted Image

#44 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Yeah that wouldnt of worked

http://mamedev.org/legal.html

Yea, it def a breach of MAME policy but it makes no difference to the MAME team whether Wizard releases the source or not. At the end of the day a little considration from the MAME team is whats needed. After all MFME is in the spirit of MAME ie free program that allows you to play older machines and archive them. Whould it hurt to be a little flexable? There quite happy to blame Wizard's closed source for holding the scene back but in stopping Wizard from releasing MFME (closed souce) are they not doing the same?

Foxtrot Oscar indeed. Spot on cliffc.

Edited by c0nfu53d, 28 July 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#45 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Quite a sad state of affairs..not that i know too much about it .. the way im looking at things as they are we are NEVER gonna have any Epoch machines or Electrocoin or .. or .. or .?
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#46 staceyparish

staceyparish

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Most defiantly not!, MAME team are by the book fully. If any licensing terms or a breach in the manufacturers policy is preventing a release of a new tech. We will not see a release of those techs so we'll always be decades behind. Maybe we'll see another MFME leak ;)

Edited by staceyparish, 28 July 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#47 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Maybe we'll see another MFME leak ;)

do we really want another MFME leak,given the shit the last leak caused

Edited by cashbox1, 28 July 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#48 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

no one wants to see a leak, because it causes to much sh*t then we have no hope of a futher update, if they stay legal there might be a future update, but suppose till then we should just wait...

Edited by piesthecat, 28 July 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#49 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Why so many edits by people and not a note added as to why it occured?

Possible comments are made and then some read other forums and think "oh fuck why did I say that" before even understanding what any of the history is surrounding the tit-for-tat emulator releases that may or may-not surface.

I really wish (as a member) people would put why they edit, bugs me no-end seeing comments then the edited bit at the bottom of the post.

#50 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

There used to be a "reason for edit" field which now seems to have gone. Most of my edits are because of spelling mistakes and I expect 98% of edits from other members are for similer mundane reasons. not everything is a conspiricy you know.

#51 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

I only edited my post because my grammar is awfull, English was never my strong point and what did happen to the REASON OF EDIT box???

Alfie

#52 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Don't get me wrong guy's, i'm NOT HERE to judge and I don't intend to give that impression...sorry if I do.

But the edits just really bug me on what's a BIG issue to many. If the edit button reason has gone it's easy to add to a post...

Edit, I forgot my toothbrush

It's just when I see so many edits (as we all do) and 3 in a row on this thread alone I am just curious as to why.

As for the edit reason (as attached) is it not as you see it?

Attached Files

• Attached File  edit.JPG   22.05KB   21 downloads

#53 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

There used to be a "reason for edit" field which now seems to have gone. Most of my edits are because of spelling mistakes and I expect 98% of edits from other members are for similer mundane reasons. not everything is a conspiricy you know.

same here lol

*****this post has NOT been edited by Cashbox1*****

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#54 testmember

testmember

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

test post

#55 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

test post

That was me, sorry guy's didn't know that option had gone i'll highlight it to Duplu.

As I said though I replied as a member, and it can still be a manual 'edited' reason.

I post at DADs and I add my edit reasons there as the edit option isn't there either...and it usually as I have sobered up lol.

#56 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Can i be so bold as to ask, is a person/company i.e. MAME holding back the fruit machine emu scene progressing forward? i don't understand? Does MFME use some sort of code relating to MAME. Why are these people thrusting legal mumbo jumbo down other people's throats who don't even make a financial gain from there programs? i.e. mfme... I apologise for being nieve? i'm just confused that such old tech would be copyrighted... surely electrocoin wouldn't mind people playing an old emulated version of Pyramid now the games basically non existent.

Andy

#57 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

MFME uses some code from MAME which is ok if you release the source code along with MFME. Wizard doesn't want to release his source (why should he) so MAME threw their toys out of the pram and forbid Wizard to release it. So no new Emu. For now anyway. Guitar has got a really cool emu on the way so yay etc.

The thing that bugs me is MAME guys don't lose out either way as both MAME and MFME are free programs it's only the users ie us that lose out. If Wizard did release his emu without the source MAME could sue but I doubt they would as it as going to court is too expensive with no gain at the end.

Edited by c0nfu53d, 28 July 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#58 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

MFME uses some code from MAME which is ok if you release the source code along with MFME. Wizard doesn't want to release his source (why should he) so MAME threw their toys out of the pram and forbid Wizard to release it. So no new Emu. For now anyway. Guitar has got a really cool emu on the way so yay etc.

The thing that bugs me is MAME guys don't lose out either way as both MAME and MFME are free programs it's only the users ie us that lose out. If Wizard did release his emu without the source MAME could sue but I doubt they would as it as going to court is too expensive with no gain at the end.

So your basically saying MAME would take wizard to court over a free programme? I would have a bet on the judge just laughing at them. More to the point... Whats the big deal about this source code as its only a free programme so why should it not be in full view of the public because then we wouldnt always be reliying on wizard / Mr.G (Gutair) for new emus because members from mecca, dads and all other fruit machine based websites would be throwing there knowledge in to keep everyone else updated. Don't get me wrong i understand the legality side of things but still at the end of the day if its a free programme why can't it be released????

Have i just jumped into the deep end? im still trying to figure out a soultion in my head

Alfie

Ps Ady i dont get the option of the edit box :skeptical:

Edited by piesthecat, 29 July 2011 - 01:44 AM.

#59 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

So your basically saying MAME would take wizard to court over a free programme? I would have a bet on the judge just laughing at them. More to the point... Whats the big deal about this source code as its only a free programme so why should it not be in full view of the public because then we wouldnt always be reliying on wizard / Mr.G (Gutair) for new emus because members from mecca, dads and all other fruit machine based websites would be throwing there knowledge in to keep everyone else updated. Don't get me wrong i understand the legality side of things but still at the end of the day if its a free programme why can't it be released????

Have i just jumped into the deep end? im still trying to figure out a soultion in my head

They have the option of taking Wizard to court but like I said they are unlikley to for the reasons stated in my post and also in yours. The Judge wouldn't laugh at them, but he would be able to force Wizzard to remove the emu from the net. There would be no damages because there is no loss. it would cost shit loads to put it through court and it's just not worth it.

To be honest I'm passed caring - either it'll get released or it won't *shrugs*

this post has been edited by c0nfu53d - it's an inner circle conspiricy!

Edited by c0nfu53d, 29 July 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#60 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

i would like oxo,party time,barx(mab system),hi lo silver,gold fever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users