• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

see, history repeats itself, a few ruin it for the many.

guitar, take as much time as you need - there is no pressure to give your work away for free.

#42 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

Quite understandably in my opinion....

YOU have the power to stop that happening. IF you wanted to....

bj

Edited by barcrest junky, 13 July 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#43 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

Quite understandably in my opinion....

It will never die, sir. They'll always be those of us who'll have our interest in old machines, just as we have for a decade or more now at The Mecca. Just as we'll always appreciate (hardly an adequate term) the fantastic, quite literally life-saving emulator that you gave to us.

Cavey

#44 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Agreed Cavey,

Well put.

#45 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

YOU have the power to stop that happening. iF you wanted to

bj

And Guitar, although someone seems to have pissed him off, three guesses as to who that might have been.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#46 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Quelle surprise, eh.

#47 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

And Guitar, although someone seems to have pissed him off, three guesses as to who that might have been.

I think the collective would rather voldermort waved his wand to save the scene

bj

#48 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

I'm probably not placed to comment but..

Firstly a huge,sincere and genuine thanks to the developer of the emulators who's allowed me to sit in my flat wasting huge amounts of hours recreating the days in the 80's when as a small boy being dragged into an officers mess i was given the odd pound coin to go and feed the fruit machine. I never thought some 25+ years on that i would ever get to play a version of Barcrests Royal Exchange or a lucky strike and i am truely greatful to wizard for allowing me the opportunity to do so. Thankyou.

Also please allow me to thank here all who have spent hours working on and releasing the various other layouts. As someone who has problems properly using outlook i do not under estimate the work that that must go into these things. Thanks for all your efforts.

Other thoughts: all views should be welcome on these forums BUT nobody should ever get personal. If anyone does they should be warned and then banned. Simple as.

Whoever leaked the 9.4 MFME is a moron but the past is the past.

People should be patient and wait for Amber. Presumably Guitar is spending vast amounts of time on it and if it is released for free then people really shouldnt grumble.

DITTO any new version of MFME

I have a laptop full of layouts to enjoy. People should be thankfull. If people want to moan then moan because we didnt have MFME earlier. That way we would have all realised the amount of money these beautiful money grabbing devices take before they even think about paying out a Jackpot and we would have all been scred off and saved bundles! ;o)

Now, anyone for a pound in a sweepstake with a glass of coke and a bag of KP mixed nuts and raisins?

Edited by zoom, 13 July 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#49 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Quelle surprise, eh.

What, that Guitar has found an excuse not to publicly release his emulator?

Other thoughts: all views should be welcome on these forums BUT nobody should ever get personal. If anyone does they should be warned and then banned. Simple as.

You really don't know how ironic that comment is in relation to emulator releases.

Whoever leaked the 9.4 MFME is a moron

That is interesting. Which of the many people in the supply chain to that leak would you have take the title of moron?

Wizard for allowing into his trusted inner circle someone who could not be? The trusted member who passed it onto probably the most avid fan of emulation? The avid fan who upped it to a torrent and informed Geddy. Or Geddy who actually posted the fact it was there. Or perhaps you could blame the large part of the scene at that time who had got wind that there was an emulator that would play Scorp 4, or perhaps it was the member who leaked the fact there was a Scorp 4 emulator out there? Perhaps you should just blame Tutton as he was heavily implicated?

Names where not in the public domain have been protected.

but the past is the past.

True, but this scene is a product of its history, like it or not.

People should be patient and wait for Amber. Presumably Guitar is spending vast amounts of time on it and if it is released for free then people really shouldnt grumble.

We have been patient. Wizard upped the stakes by offering to not release an updated MFME (the real prize here) until Guitar had released his and had his moment of glory. The problem is that the longer Guitar takes to up his emulator, the longer it will be before the really wanted one turns up. The publicity machine was cranked up by Guitar back in the Spring and we were all looking forward to an end of May release. The scene was alive again for a few brief months, and now it is dying again and one of the longest standing members of the scene has had to quit a hobby he has lived and breathed for the last 12 years, just to not give Guitar any excuse to not publically release his emulator. Is that fair?

To be honest with you, you did start your thread with a comment about not being in the best place to comment, and I am not having a go at you per se, but recently joined members who haven't done their history homework sometimes just don't appreciate some of the nuances of this scene.

I posted this response as I am sure Daryl would have done as it was his thread originally, but he is now just another scalp of a long standing member that has been claimed by this delay to the Amber release.

It just ain't right.

bj

#50 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, so in conclusion, it was Col. Mustard, in the Study, with the candlestick. :roll:

Seriously, when are you guys going to get it? Raking over the old fag ends, apparently in search of "The Truth", again and again (and in public), despite the fact that these things happened years ago, many people involved have long since either f***ed off of their own accord or been 'hounded out' and at the end of the day, y'know, it's a hobby - and all despite 'not caring about FME anymore'.

Here's a theory of mine: most people don't actually give a f*** and would much prefer it if everyone concerned just went about the business of enjoying this hobby. Perhaps that way people wouldn't have their employers contacted and all manner of other nasty shit going on in their real lives, for a fruit machine emulator. They'd also prefer it if people gave the layout producers and most especially emu authors the respect, credit and elbow room they patently deserve, instead of calling someone who has given up thousands of man-hours of his own time, and considerable (unique) expertise to give everyone here a marriage and possibly life-saving product FOR NOTHING a 'petulant f***er' among countless other similar terms of endearment over the years. Now THAT ain't right.

In Guitar's case, he's overshot a "deadline". So f*****g what; as others have noted at The Mecca, the guy's a forumer doing this stuff - for free - in his own spare time. He's "hyped up" his 'product'? Again, so what. Perhaps he's proud of his achievements, just like those who supposedly "hype up" their layouts are proud of theirs. Me? I'm happy to wait 6 months, a year, whatever it takes; I've waited 5 years without anything at all (and if I don't like it, I can get off my arse and start learning to code/investing thousands of my man-hours, rather than indulging in yet another character assassination or perhaps slating off his product that hansn't even been released yet? :roll: )

I think enthusiasm reignited the Scene, in my original thread over at WWC/The Mecca, though I take no credit for it as 99% of that thread's posts were by others. But we were all loving the old machines, talking about what could be done, getting in a lather about old clonkers that haven't seen the light of day for 20 years or more. I'm thinking that the likes of Wizard and Guitar may have seen this and thought 'y'know, this Scene isn't that bad, there are plenty of members who just love these old machines, their preservation, their emulation'. Then we get this kind of thing, from other people - the very opposite of the above. Negative, nasty, spiteful shit - and everything unravels for everyone. Do I blame the emu coders? Do I f***. I wouldn't want to release anything either, with that kind of backdrop. Why the f*** should they? They owe us NOTHING!

None of us is a saint here and certainly not I, but f*** me, if I'd caused one emu coder to withold a release to the Scene, I'd be utterly crestfallen. Two would be unthinkable; I'd say to myself: 'I think I'd better STFU now'? More than two? I'd expect a horses' head on my pillow from the Scene, never mind about 'seVen was this, AT was that, DT blows goats and Wizard is really a bird'. FFS, get a f*****g grip.

Irrespective of all of these things, I'll say this. If Wizard in particular has the most fantabulous emulator on his PC, that does everything I couild ever desire, but decides for his own reasons that just me - let alone a whole body of people - can't have it? I wouldn't batt a f*****g eyelid. It's HIS to do what he wants and *I*/*WE* have already had SO much from the guy.

f*** me, I'd hold his laptop for him whilst he played his emulator that I couldn't have, and would shake his hand for the f*****g privilege!

No doubt this marks me out as a 'cock sucker' by the spite crew, but I couldn't give a rat's arse - that's me. I tend to be thankful to people who have given me SO MUCH, for NOTHING.

Edited by letemspin, 14 July 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#51 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

No doubt this marks me out as a 'cock sucker' by the spite crew, but I couldn't give a rat's arse - that's me. I tend to be thankful to people who have given me SO MUCH, for NOTHING.

Not quoted it all (just to save space on my post), but a massive thanks for that....well written and well said.

And what I did quote.....not on my eyes fella!

#52 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

Not quoted it all (just to save space on my post), but a massive thanks for that....well written and well said.

And what I did quote.....not on my eyes fella!

Thanks Ady, appreciated mate. :)
I really didn't want to do this but I could hold my peace no longer. :(

#53 Mr House

Mr House

Sometimes Critical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Perhaps you should just blame Tutton as he was heavily implicated?

No, no, no! That is wrong and I don't think it's right to blame Andy.

For the record here is some FME history...

...Andy came to me saying he had a copy of MFME that he should not that could do S4 that Tony had brought to America on a visit.

...eventually Andy gave up the version number and MFME after some nagging from me which was MFME 1.6 CS.

...that was a non-official "inner circle" version that Tony had made with the source from Chris.

...I asked Tony to speak to Chris about what had happened a few times and he did not.

...I had no choice as I was a member of the the "inner circle" to tell Chris what had happened as it was not my position to keep this secret.

That being said, to clarify...

...MFME 1.6 CS was not the leaked version.

...MFME 1.6 CS was the only version that Andy had. Andy in no uncertain terms was not responsible for the leak in any shape of form. Yes he had something that was not passed to him by the author, but he sure as hell did not leak MFME.

Below is the MFME that he had...

Attached Files

Edited by Mr House, 14 July 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#54 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Agree with everything letemspin said. The coders owe nothing to anyone.

Many people contribute to the scene - layouts, resources, donations etc. not forgetting the guys who keep the sites up and running. If most members were honest they'd say FME is something they do for themselves first, others second - everyone brings something to the party and we all benefit. It's a classic example of social exchange and nobody really owes anyone anything.

It will be gutting if, after all the people got their hopes up, no new emu is released at all.

#55 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

What, that Guitar has found an excuse not to publicly release his emulator?

You really don't know how ironic that comment is in relation to emulator releases.

That is interesting. Which of the many people in the supply chain to that leak would you have take the title of moron?

Wizard for allowing into his trusted inner circle someone who could not be? The trusted member who passed it onto probably the most avid fan of emulation? The avid fan who upped it to a torrent and informed Geddy. Or Geddy who actually posted the fact it was there. Or perhaps you could blame the large part of the scene at that time who had got wind that there was an emulator that would play Scorp 4, or perhaps it was the member who leaked the fact there was a Scorp 4 emulator out there? Perhaps you should just blame Tutton as he was heavily implicated?

Names where not in the public domain have been protected.

True, but this scene is a product of its history, like it or not.

We have been patient. Wizard upped the stakes by offering to not release an updated MFME (the real prize here) until Guitar had released his and had his moment of glory. The problem is that the longer Guitar takes to up his emulator, the longer it will be before the really wanted one turns up. The publicity machine was cranked up by Guitar back in the Spring and we were all looking forward to an end of May release. The scene was alive again for a few brief months, and now it is dying again and one of the longest standing members of the scene has had to quit a hobby he has lived and breathed for the last 12 years, just to not give Guitar any excuse to not publically release his emulator. Is that fair?

To be honest with you, you did start your thread with a comment about not being in the best place to comment, and I am not having a go at you per se, but recently joined members who haven't done their history homework sometimes just don't appreciate some of the nuances of this scene.

I posted this response as I am sure Daryl would have done as it was his thread originally, but he is now just another scalp of a long standing member that has been claimed by this delay to the Amber release.

It just ain't right.

bj

Mr Junky thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

Am not quite sure why my first point is so stupid. It's pretty much standard rules of any forum that people should communicate with as much respect as possible and that those who don't get shown the door. Anyone who can't communicate with others in such a way shows a simple lack of character and class in my humble opinion.

I wasn't even aware of the existance of fruit emu at the time of the 9.4 leak but presumably someone posted available for download against the wishes of Mr Wren. The fact that he took his ball in with him for such a long period of time either shows a lack of character on his part or some very serious and justified anger at betrayal of trust. Only those involved will know the true story but i know which version my pile of poker chips would be on. Why would someone who's worked hard on and provided us with all things MFME in all the various versions stop doing so? It would be evidence of either a massive ego or a calculated 180 degree u turn on all previous form. That not a perspective i'm ever gonna sign upto when Wizard could have made money from his efforts instead of releasing them for free. No doubt that piece of common sense will be dismissed because i havent been posting here for over 9 decades but i hope not.

That may be going over the fag ends of old ground but that spat has obvioulsy left a bitter taste in the mouth in the world of fruit emu, perhaps to the point that many of those who were around during it can no longer post with any onjectivity and that is most definitely a destructive force on things going forward. A destructive force the scene could do without. Just my humble opinion.

As for amber we've been patient and we're gonna have to carry on being patient. Our other choices are what exactly? Again my poker chips will be going on the likelyhood that those responsible for amber and any MFME updates are 100% more likely to release their efforts if people are patient, thankful and dont indulge in personal insults on internet forums. Peolple tend not to like their hard spent time and effort being shouted down in internet land. It tends to make them angry and generally leads to a i couldn't give a sh*t way of thinking. Thats not for me if i want more layouts to play with so i'll happily keep waiting and thank guitar and wizard for past and any future efforts. I think Wizard should be respected for giving Amber it's chance, one can only imagine the diatribe if Amber had been released and then an MFME update was released the next day.

As for Daryl i respected him for starting this thread. I don't wish to see any member leave the forums, let alone someone who is in reported ill health. I too will be taking a time out from posting on this forum. I will however keep waiting patiently and hope and be thankful for any future toys that are released out into FME land.

#56 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

I'll second those succinct and polite remarks.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#57 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

in response to a previous reply - i maintain www.bladezone.com a huge site devoted to blade runner. i dont get any praise, even when we had warner brothers breathing down our necks prior to the final cut release on dvd/blue ray.

i do it for myself, and the fans second. its a great hobby. i have umpteen version of blade runner right infront of me that are not commerically available - just like the inner-circle.

#58 staceyparish

staceyparish

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Swiftkid springs to mind-was that the prats name!!!!
Is it day release again

Aka stacey parish this isn't him though i don't think.

I'm flattered, But this was not me. Whilst I'm not practically awaiting an Amber release I'm also skeptical that an MFME release will publicly produce itself anytime soon so either way I have no agenda towards either.

I don't know which one's worse: Tha guy who spent 5years coding and programing an emulator or tha guy who's held a massive grudge and deprived it's users off 5years worth off updates :wub: :goofy:

Hey, I'm just playing.. I think Guitar deserves his chance and think it's very honorable an fair off Wizard to delay any future releases till it's had it's fair chance launch and limelight.

:notworthy:

#59 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

I too will be taking a time out from posting on this forum.

:) You have only ever made 7 posts though, and 3 of those are in this thread :policeman:

:biglaugh:

I'm flattered, But this was not me. Whilst I'm not practically awaiting an Amber release I'm also skeptical that an MFME release will publicly produce itself anytime soon so either way I have no agenda towards either.

I don't know which one's worse: Tha guy who spent 5years coding and programing an emulator or tha guy who's held a massive grudge and deprived it's users off 5years worth off updates :wub: :goofy:

Hey, I'm just playing.. I think Guitar deserves his chance and think it's very honorable an fair off Wizard to delay any future releases till it's had it's fair chance launch and limelight.

:notworthy:

Staceyparish in sensible and legible forum post shocker ! :)

#60 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Staceyparish in sensible and legible forum post shocker ! :)

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users