• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

well 16 hours later and ive downloaded a 16 gig file `lie to me series 1 2 3 HD` which had over 4000 sources. downloading mostly around 200k but uploading 300k :mad:

Sounds like youve got your settings set to default Nails..a file shouldnt upload faster than it downloads unless its set that way.

Note my pic..ive set mine to only upload at 75kbs of my 120kbs odd (full upload speed) and when my file has finished downloading it can upload at 95kbs it will never go any higher than that unless i set it to zero..but doing that slows up the rest of the network.

Ive also set my download speed to 2500kbs approx 25mb which is fine for downloading unless im in a hurry for the file i would set that to zero also..and would get my full 30-32mb.

Also what site where you using for that...if it wasnt a private tracker site you do get crappy speeds on sites such as BtJunkie and Piratebay..IPT and Revo 99% of the time you will max out your connection speed.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#22 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

Sounds like youve got your settings set to default Nails..a file shouldnt upload faster than it downloads unless its set that way.

Note my pic..ive set mine to only upload at 75kbs of my 120kbs odd (full upload speed) and when my file has finished downloading it can upload at 95kbs it will never go any higher than that unless i set it to zero..but doing that slows up the rest of the network.

Ive also set my download speed to 2500kbs approx 25mb which is fine for downloading unless im in a hurry for the file i would set that to zero also..and would get my full 30-32mb.

Also what site where you using for that...if it wasnt a private tracker site you do get crappy speeds on sites such as BtJunkie and Piratebay..IPT and Revo 99% of the time you will max out your connection speed.

The last few i got from btjunkie have download at some good speeds almost hit 46meg on one film scream 4 i think it was.

#23 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Anyone experiencing slow and sluggish download speeds and crappy internet connection this tool may be worth a try .. ive used it in the past and found it has always made a difference to my browsing speed etc.

Version 3.0.7 is the newest one..any earlier versions would only support speeds of up to 10mb..this one goes to 100+mb.

Its up to you wether you want to try it..but its a *use at your own risk* type programs..ive never had any problems with it before...

http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#24 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

i think this explains what virgin do in responce to file sharing and the times when you can and cant use p2p
http://shop.virginme...ent-policy.html

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#25 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

This is probably the best speed ive had on iptorrents 5.9MB down and 190kb up

Attached Files

#26 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

i think this explains what virgin do in responce to file sharing and the times when you can and cant use p2p
http://shop.virginme...ent-policy.html

you can set your torrent client to only download/upload in the allowed times according to the virgin media website , you see if they restrict your internet it will stay restricted all day even if you have stopped downloading your completely legal torrent ;) Posted Image

Attached File  speedtest.png   49.06KB   4 downloads

i pay for 10mb download and get it :) so i would recommend virgin media

#27 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

Attached File  Untipingg.png   16.88KB   5 downloads
i dont actually know what this means but i got an A so im happyPosted Image

Edited by policematrix, 16 May 2011 - 10:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users