• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

Can I just ask a really seemingly stupid question then, in that is this new emulator catered more for older machines as opposed to new?

Yes, it does seem the new emulator is for older techs... so people wanting DOND will be disappointed, it appears.

No loss to me whatsoever, I loved the older techs... more my era, so will be extremely happy with the results if it promises to live up to what it has been described to do.

Well done Guitar on your perseverance - despite MPU4 being done again, at least it looks promising for Coinworld and Crystal games to be played, so that is something for us all to look forward to - and some BWB games too - not too bad. :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#22 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:18 AM

If people aint happy with the emu 1) dont play/use it 2) code your own? then they can have whatever tech they want in it
Posted Image

#23 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for the update Guitar, I can appreciate that you have to start from the ground up, and I agree it's the best way to start from the older techs, build up your knowledge and understanding and then keep progressing forward from there (walk before you can run and all that).

The bit of news that I am very happy about is that Club Bullion (Crystal MPU4) might work, and I will look forward to using Amber to make the DX for that :)

#24 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the update guitar,sounds promising i look forward to the finished product.

#25 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Can I just ask a really seemingly stupid question then, in that is this new emulator catered more for older machines as opposed to new?

In a word, yes. Its programmed in visual basic, which isn't the fastest programming language in the world, ergo anything newer than MPU4 just isn't possible in VB.
However there are still a fair few unemulated older techs to do. And every day that goes by, the resources get more thin on the ground. For instance we still need to emulate properly.... Bar-X, Electrocoin Hi Techs, Proconn, sp.ACE, subelectro, Sru, system83 etc, not to mention getting all the games that do not work on MFME working, only a few weeks back did Albaki77 at the mecca get tumble ROMs working by hacking the ROMs.

Thanks for the info - much better than just a pic :)

No problem, grumpy old man ;)

Do you think it will correct the shitty Windows 7 sounds Guitar or is that a kinda daft question. ?

No, MFME uses directsound to emulate synth sound. I'm using directsound for my stuff too. So I'm guessing that if I did put synth in (which it isn't atm) it'll probably have the same issues. I will *try* and fix it sooner or later, but right now its not a high priority compared to say the sampled sound with dual banks (i.e. 4 sound roms).

Sounds great not that I understand all what you have said but what I have its great to see I just hope it works on my PC I will be gutted if it dont

2Ghz C2D or equivalent should suffice. At a later date, a "play only" version will be released which will run quicker than the original, but have no editing or debug facilities.

Edited by Guitar, 11 April 2011 - 11:47 AM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#26 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

Yes, it does seem the new emulator is for older techs... so people wanting DOND will be disappointed, it appears.

No loss to me whatsoever, I loved the older techs... more my era, so will be extremely happy with the results if it promises to live up to what it has been described to do.

Well done Guitar on your perseverance - despite MPU4 being done again, at least it looks promising for Coinworld and Crystal games to be played, so that is something for us all to look forward to - and some BWB games too - not too bad. :)

I'd just like to say, MPU4 isn't being "done again", an awful lot of what it does, hasn't been emulated before, and couldn't be emulated in MFME. Yes there is overlap, sure, but its not like I'm rehashing MFME. This emulator, with exception of speed, is better than MFME in almost every way. Can MFME do dimmed lamping, no, can MFME do Coinworld games, no, can MFME play Frank n Stein properly, no, can MFME play BWB games, sort of but there is a sound issue which won't ever get fixed, does MFME have accurate PIA emulation, no. Etc etc etc.

I'd also like to say that 99% of everything in the list of stuff it can do is already written and working (unless otherwise stated, of which there are a couple), its not a tentative release date, its an actual release date, in fact if its ready before then I might bring the release forward. The time between 2 days ago, and release date is for tidying, final debugging, and bitching about how bad MFME is in comparison ;)

At the end of the day its taken me 5 years to do this, and somewhere on fruit forums is a thread saying I could never write an emu in VB, could never crack BWB, and probably couldn't program anyway. Well, here it is take it or leave it, it comes for free. You would happily upgrade your PC for the latest game to be played if you wanted too, well this is the latest emu available and because it does so much, it needs more power than the older ones.

Or I could do a codemasters to you all, hype the emu to hell then release it half finished, oh and charge you £40 into the bargain. (Yes I bought F1 2010 and I'm bitter)

#27 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

2Ghz C2D or equivalent should suffice. At a later date, a "play only" version will be released which will run quicker than the original, but have no editing or debug facilities.

Thanks for that mate but I will be honest and show just how dumb I am on these things I aint got a clue what the one is in my PC so I will have to wait and see how it goes and keep my fingers crossed as I would love to make a older layout using this oneday

#28 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

The bit of news that I am very happy about is that Club Bullion (Crystal MPU4) might work, and I will look forward to using Amber to make the DX for that :)

Better start the WIP thread now then mort :twitcy:

(Only kidding mate ;) couldn't resist that One fella )

#29 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Better start the WIP thread now then mort :twitcy:

(Only kidding mate ;) couldn't resist that One fella )

:idea:

That's a good idea ! Forgive me for being enthusiastic about FME again.

#30 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

:idea:

That's a good idea ! Forgive me for being enthusiastic about FME again.

lol I was kidding fella, 'tis me ;) ....just came back here after having PMed you at DADs about my reply 'in case you missed it' ... obviously not but it was misread.

#31 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

lol I was kidding fella, 'tis me ;) ....just came back here after having PMed you at DADs about my reply 'in case you missed it' ... obviously not but it was misread.

:cry: :D

No problem chap, I'm Mr. Sensitive at the best of time ;)

#32 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Its only fair to say mort, I'm pretty sure bullion bars is an encrypted game, so it wont run in release 1. However I have made a few steps towards getting crystal encryption cracked, will let you know what's what as it happens.

#33 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

Do you think it will correct the shitty Windows 7 sounds Guitar or is that a kinda daft question. ?

No, MFME uses directsound to emulate synth sound. I'm using directsound for my stuff too. So I'm guessing that if I did put synth in (which it isn't atm) it'll probably have the same issues. I will *try* and fix it sooner or later, but right now its not a high priority compared to say the sampled sound with dual banks (i.e. 4 sound roms).

Ahhh..oakies...cheers for the info maybe 1 day then we shall find a workaround for this. :)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#34 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

You forgot to add is MFME ever going to be updated for the 'public'................NO :mask:
Aint the work around for the sound USE XP :jiggy:

Edited by Johnnyafc, 11 April 2011 - 07:51 PM.

Posted Image

#35 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

Aint the work around for the sound USE XP :jiggy:

Yes indeedy..however i have been banned by the wife from messing about with the OS while its still under warranty incase anything goes wrong with it and it needs to be sent back to Dell.

A few more months :)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#36 barxfan

barxfan

• Regulars
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

was hoping for Electrocoin emulation. Oh well.

#37 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

thank you guitar for all your hard work m8

#38 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

was hoping for Electrocoin emulation. Oh well.

Give it time ;)

Attached Files

#39 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

thank you guitar for all your hard work m8

No worries, its up to the artwork guys to get cracking now though! PLEASE will someone do a Twister DX, Ive never played it and always wanted to.

#40 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

No worries, its up to the artwork guys to get cracking now though! PLEASE will someone do a Twister DX, Ive never played it and always wanted to.

Weres the artwork for this and what game is it,clubber?Nothing on the repro for it apart from 3 sets of roms.

Edited by Tommy c, 23 April 2011 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users