#4 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

Sorry, only tells me 3 words.

Bring it on!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#5 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

So this wont need a lengthy post.

...and the point of that post is????

#6 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Take a wild stab in the dark.

Edit: did you click the picture?

Edited by Guitar, 10 April 2011 - 02:46 PM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#7 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

I was hoping for a Dali :nah:

Attached Files

Posted Image

#8 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

EPEE?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#9 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

Of course I clicked the picture but It tells us nothing apart from a possible release date.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know what this emulator is capable of. Rather than just posting an image, It would be nice to know what we can do with it. As an (Ex) designer, I for one would like to know if there are design tools built in to this release which the layman can use. Does it have BWB support like your recent work on getting some MFME layouts working? What techs will it be capable of running? Will it have a few 'ready to run' layouts along with it's release? Is It coded in VB or C++ and probably the most important question of all, will it run on different versions of windows without having to install DLL's etc?

Yes, I've seen your posts at the Mecca telling us what your plans are for your emulator, and it all sounds extremely interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of all your hard work, but just posting a pic is 'to me' is counter productive and tantamount to just cock waving.

#10 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

Yikes next people will be asking for cocks and crowns :mask:

The way i see it, its a new emu somthing to look forward to? mfme didnt have much when it started... lets hope this one grows and over takes MFME in what it emulates and what it can do

Not like a new version of MFME (public) is comming anytime soon is it?

Edited by Johnnyafc, 10 April 2011 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image

#11 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Surely it would be wise to let a select few know what Amber is capable of in advance, or even better give them an early release.
Such as layout designers, members with resouces etc etc,to get some releases ready for the public release.
A bit like the release of a new games console,its useless unless games are released at launch
What shall i put here?

#12 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Surely it would be wise to let a select few know what Amber is capable of in advance, or even better give them an early release.
Such as layout designers, members with resouces etc etc,to get some releases ready for the public release.
A bit like the release of a new games console,its useless unless games are released at launch

I can say it's going to be a brilliant release and is going to be enjoyed. It does have editing tools. I should imagine there will be layouts released with the emu.

#13 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

I can say it's going to be a brilliant release and is going to be enjoyed. It does have editing tools. I should imagine there will be layouts released with the emu.

Thanks Robin ;)
What shall i put here?

#14 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Looking forward to any new emulator... Is their a pre-release version available for designers to tinker with?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#15 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Of course I clicked the picture but It tells us nothing apart from a possible release date.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know what this emulator is capable of. Rather than just posting an image, It would be nice to know what we can do with it. As an (Ex) designer, I for one would like to know if there are design tools built in to this release which the layman can use. Does it have BWB support like your recent work on getting some MFME layouts working? What techs will it be capable of running? Will it have a few 'ready to run' layouts along with it's release? Is It coded in VB or C++ and probably the most important question of all, will it run on different versions of windows without having to install DLL's etc?

Yes, I've seen your posts at the Mecca telling us what your plans are for your emulator, and it all sounds extremely interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of all your hard work, but just posting a pic is 'to me' is counter productive and tantamount to just cock waving.

Ok, fair enough, there's just no fun in it for some people :D. Ever hear that good things come to those who wait?

It will run MPU4 and includes support for BWB and Coinworld tech and supports all Crystal games which are NOT encrypted (Frank'n'Stein to name 1) . (BWB games with 4 sound ROMs, sound is not supported)

Synth sound is unsupported at this time, MFME does a pretty good job of older MPU4 games, its BWB, Coinworld + Crystal that are the unemulated 'prize' as it were.

I will attempt synth sound when time allows, if its in before release date all well and good, but right now, its not even thought about.

Sampled sound is supported, I am working on the 4 ROM'd BWB games sound, and again if its done before release all the better, but right now, its not working.

It runs a Lamp Filament Emulation for each bulb (A world first, publicly at least), meaning dimmed lamping, and has been tested on Blues Boys and Place your bets, and it works - beautifully.

Includes layout editing tools not entirely unlike MFME but not the same, an updated version of MFME's editing style with a few built in tools to make life easier.

Layout creation is different to MFME, but its easy to do, and a Layout Creation Wizard helps you along. Don't panic, there is no talking paperclip in sight!

It also allows for importing lamps into a layout so you dont have to fiddle with filenames, any added image will be saved with the correct file name in the correct folder structure when imported.

It includes an Auto Save function for backing up a layout as you create it, every 90 seconds a backup is saved, just in case - can be switched off, only applies in edit mode.

It has a completely rewritten core from FMEF, and makes use of better programming tecniques and practices.

Emulation wise its more accurate than MFME in a few area's (Its probably not perfect though).

Also includes a comprehensive debugger, though for end users, that's probably not so interesting.

Scroll Mode and Scale Mode are supported.

Auto Speed is supported.

Extra sounds (coin in/out etc) are supported (or at least they will be, its not in the test version).

Most Extenders are supported, Data Port games and Link games are not supported yet.

In the future it will continue until every MPU4 game works, no guarantee's on amount of time between now and then.
Mpu3 and System 83 emulations will follow later this year.

So far it has gone out to a small group of people last night (let the inner circle rumours commence) for testing and ease of designing evaluation.

Other future developments include an online link-up with virtual arcades of machines to choose from, each machine playing on from the last person.
No actual money can be used online, its just for fun.

Plus a few surprises/easter eggs/little extras.

As for layouts on release date, well Pook's Andy Capp DX is ready to go so far, although its the same as the MFME version with a few tweaks, artwork is the same artwork, but the emulator treats it differently.
The weird lighting method used in FMEF has gone and has been replaced with a more traditional methodology, with a twist to enable dimmed lamping, more on that at release time.
No more cutting up reels into segements, feed it a reel (direct from MFME if you like) and that's that.

Converting a layout from MFME to Project Amber can be done in a matter of an hour or so at present, I'm working on making that a bit quicker. (really must think of a proper name - answers on a Post Card) PM.

I'm also hoping for a few other layouts before release but I'll let individual designers announce that if they give it the thumbs up.

Needs a reasonably fast PC to run it, I make no apology for that, it is what it is, I'll do what I can to make it as quick as possible, a standalone graphics card will help.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#16 matrix2021

matrix2021

• New Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

Can I just ask a really seemingly stupid question then, in that is this new emulator catered more for older machines as opposed to new?

#17 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Can I just ask a really seemingly stupid question then, in that is this new emulator catered more for older machines as opposed to new?

Hopefully ;)
What shall i put here?

#18 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the info - much better than just a pic :)

#19 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Do you think it will correct the shitty Windows 7 sounds Guitar or is that a kinda daft question. ?
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#20 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

Sounds great not that I understand all what you have said but what I have its great to see I just hope it works on my PC I will be gutted if it dont

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users