vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

Believe it or not after 9 years and 183 DXs this is my first Project release! Based on the classic TV show Bullseye, it's a fun little semi lo-tech with nice samples.

Thanks go to - Bugs for the classic, J for photos, Ploggy for tech help, WAC for testing and special thanks to Dave from Mr P's Classic Amusements for the sound roms and for all the other classic resources that he has given to the scene.

The sound samples run too fast on this machine and the sample rate will need to be manually reduced from 16000 to 10000 in the samples option, or else Jim Bowen sounds like he is on helium. This has to be done everytime you play this game as MFME doesn't save this value for you.

Pook

Posted Image

super smashing great!!!!! as usual many thanks
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#22 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Anyone else having trouble with this..just got round to playing it this morning and the sound samples are truly awful on my PC..like the older MPU3/4 machines on Win7 only worse.

But the thing was..the sounds on the classic played fine.

Edit: Ooopps..forget i said anything..i was setting the sample rate to 1,000 instead of 10,000 :undecided:

Im away to hide in a corner now and wait to be called a n00b. :wacko:

n00b

#23 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

n00b

Damn...knew that would happen..although it is well deserved i must admit. :lol:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#24 SkBurner

SkBurner

• Regulars
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

total greatness from u again!!!,...only 1 snag,after the first couple of times u cant put any more credit in,...every time i press zero it makes a funny screeching sound,and even when i click on the red "10p/20p/50p" coin insert at the top,it does nuffin....running it in 3.2

Try clicking the File menu and then Preferences. Click Auto-Throttle and it should work now and allow coins to be inserted.

#25 Proud and Mary

Proud and Mary

• Regulars
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

and this is what you coulda won
many thanks Pook for this,
and all your other WDX,DX, BMX <-- haha lol (only messin')
releases. l've had hours o fun on 'em all
all the best for 2011 mate

#26 paulMCS

paulMCS

no relation to badboy0!:)

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

SKBURNER SAID "Try clicking the File menu and then Preferences. Click Auto-Throttle and it should work now and allow coins to be inserted.
"

...ta for that,...i did those things but it still didnt work,...but then i lowered the slide marker to where the 4th notch from the left which is shown on the bottom of the scale,then it worked perfectly,...handy bit of info for anyone else with the same problem..

#27 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

total greatness from u again!!!,...only 1 snag,after the first couple of times u cant put any more credit in,...every time i press zero it makes a funny screeching sound,and even when i click on the red "10p/20p/50p" coin insert at the top,it does nuffin....running it in 3.2

Try 3.1 Paul...

I had an error with 3.1 on start-up (alpha display told me so!) and after a self reset by the Emu it ran fine.

#28 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

just as an aside, but still "on topic", name the 80`s disco classic that is sampled and used as the "nudge gamble" tune on this layout :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#29 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

just as an aside, but still "on topic", name the 80`s disco classic that is sampled and used as the "nudge gamble" tune on this layout :D

Piece of piss - Visage, fade to grey.

#30 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Many thanks for the release, brings back loads of memories of when machines were fun to play - you can't beat a bit of bully!!! :notworthy: :spinny: :v_SPIN:

#31 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Ahhhh Pook the Legend returns :) And what a lovely little machine as well, looks pretty dull compared to Bullseye, but actually turns out to be a more entertaining game, with a few great samples as well.

Thanks for the release :)

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#32 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys, nice to see this one go down so well.

Good to see you still about Chops. :)

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#33 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys, nice to see this one go down so well.

Good to see you still about Chops. :)

I'm actually still really into FME, still fire up an emulator most days in fact. (I was playing your Switchback DX last night after I'd played Bully's Jackpot for about an hour.)

I'm also a World of Warcraft nut these days, (all you can eat addiction satisfaction for the low price of just £9 per month!), and because I'm really sad I sometimes camp rare NPC elite spawns for hours at a time. WoW can be run windowed so I can keep an eye out for the rare elite, and play FME at the same time.

Works surprisingly well one has a few beers to hand as well, a demonstration screenshot is attached :lol:

(The elite (who's on a presumed 8 hour respawn timer), will appear near the dead dragon in the middle of the screen and I have an add-on configured to make the most awful noise when he appears, so as you can see, I can play FME unimpeded!)

Attached Files

• Attached File  sad.jpg   274.25KB   22 downloads

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#34 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Thankyou so much Pook...I will spend many hours today playing your smashing layout :D

#35 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

have been playing this day in day out since pook released it - super, smashing, great !! :D :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#36 DnM

DnM

• New Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Classic machine, thank you :D

#37 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:30 AM

This looks great Pook, stunning infact.

Is this the original bullseye or a different version ?

#38 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

On another note - anyone know how you get the repeating jackpot on this? Played it for ages, but I couldn't work it out...

#39 stealth

stealth

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Cheers!

#40 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

This looks great Pook, stunning infact.

Is this the original bullseye or a different version ?

There's another Bullseye, pic attached. That's the one people seem to remember in the arcades more than this one, no idea which one came first mind.

Attached Files

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users