Do You Use Any Other Emulators?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 fatdad

fatdad

• Regulars
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

I still love playing Pinball Fantasies on WinUAE Amiga emulator, and i loved playing World championship Boxing manager on it too. The good old days of going round your mates with a pile of 3.5" floppy discs and seeing what games you could get wth Xcopy or Clone :)

there was a fantastic fruitmachine game on the amiga..i was given it on a disc at the time and dint kow if it was public domain or made by a game company..it had loads of features and even saved your winnings for when you played it again..that was nearly 20 yrs ago and i cant remember the games name.... neogeo emulators are great.... if anyone is intrested i have a fully working noraut hi/lo poker emulator working with sounds etc...if your interested i could upload it..its 128 mb in size...

#22 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

there was a fantastic fruitmachine game on the amiga..i was given it on a disc at the time and dint kow if it was public domain or made by a game company..it had loads of features and even saved your winnings for when you played it again..that was nearly 20 yrs ago and i cant remember the games name....

Was it called FruitMania? I remember one called that and it had absolutely loads of features like Hi Lo with cards and roulette, and the Jackpot was J.A.C.Kpot on 4 reels.

#23 muppetboy

muppetboy

• Regulars
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Was it called FruitMania? I remember one called that and it had absolutely loads of features like Hi Lo with cards and roulette, and the Jackpot was J.A.C.Kpot on 4 reels.

Certainly sounds like Fruit Mania. This one was multi-player. You had to play so many rounds (configurable I think) and be the one to win the most. All statistics were saved to disc. It was by a guy called JP Hamilton. Details here: http://www.back2root.../Fruit Mania,1/ His game you had to pay a small fee for but I sent him my PD game and he sent me his for free. ;)

Another good one I've used, if you like adventure games, is SCUMMVM. Great examples: Simon the Sorcerer, Monkey Island (classic!), Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, and more.

I think senile dementia is setting in. Never realised I've used so many emulators and not mentioned them in first post!

#24 fatdad

fatdad

• Regulars
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

yes thats the one..it was an awesome game with great gfx and music..would love to play it on the pc.... i wonder if anyone has done a pc verion....thanks for the info...

#25 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

yes thats the one..it was an awesome game with great gfx and music..would love to play it on the pc.... i wonder if anyone has done a pc verion....thanks for the info...

I've played it on the PC with WinUAE. If you've used WinUAE here is a link to the ADF file for it.

Fruit-Mania

Edited by Shooer magooer, 10 July 2010 - 06:18 AM.

#26 muppetboy

muppetboy

• Regulars
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Advanced Fruit Machine Simulator is another good game for WinUAE. Only cos I nicked the title screen graphics using Action Reply III cartridge (the guy and pot of gold - see link) for when you completed the game I did lol.

AFMS has tons of features and you'll end up losing a couple of hours playing it.

#27 fatdad

fatdad

• Regulars
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

i was wondering has anyone made or thought of making a fruit emu version of the fruitmachine games we used to play on the old zx spectrum/amiga etc?.
i know you can play most f them on emulators but i think a upto date version for this sites fruitmachines emulators would be great... :yes:

#28 karlwhitfield13

karlwhitfield13

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Playstation, Sega Genesis, NES titles on the PC :) I even tried that dolphin emulator for Wii games once and while it worked the performance was lacking. Hopefully that will improve soon though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users