33 replies to this topic

#21 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Thank you Captain,brings back so many good memories,well done!!!!!! :mask: :mask:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

I've got a DX for FW already in the works, mate. It will be done using the WOF artwork, as apposed to the FW artwork. They're both exactly the same machines so everything should work out alright. Just need to change the win amounts on the glass to match the £4.80 roms. Do you have the roms for the sampled sound version on £6? If you do, I could release the DX on the £6 setting like I remember it. If not, I'll just use the £4.80 roms.

P.S. Look forward to seeing the photos you'll be taking for me. It's a machine I've wanted to DX for ages. Just glad that you've got hold of one. :)

Hey Ploggy are you still on this project...I have had to dx one for my personal use...Im not ace at disk reels though lol....looking forward to yours if your still on the project.

#23 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, it's still in the works. Just need to figure out which font is being used on the win-table on the bottom glass and it'll be done. Need to redo them to match the £4.80 roms.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#24 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Good news..Thanks Plogs

#25 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

10p £3 is not an original rom. 20p is the 'cash option' for the £6 roms.

I have just got my 777 heaven. Have many roms, INCLUDING the original (if u know what i mean!).

I have put it on its proper £4.80 tokens. ANY projects on 10p are hacked, they should only be 20p games, with £4.80 or £6 token jackpots. Or halved values if cash, respectively £2.40 & £3 cash. The reason as the £4.80 had a maximum £2.40 cash element and the £6 jackpot was £3 maximum cash.

Recommended settings for Fortune Wheel is 86%, 777 heaven 82%. They are programmed to operate on these settings. Higher or lower % settings will vary the streak size and ratio, also a 92% setting for example will not be able to build up to the proper streak.

This is from many conversations with the chap(s) that actually programmed these machines!

Im glad everyone is enjoying the roms, i will be adding my £6 version which is, as Super 7 and Cliff will verify, an exemptional game. It is a mirror of the £4.80 roms, just with the £6 jackpot for bigger streaks.

Im taking photos of various machines tomorrow for Ploggy and Bruce. Does anyone fancy pics to do the DX of Fortune Wheel?

Dave

Hi

A little late but I can confirm that the Fortune Wheel and the Super 7 both give a good game on the 20p all cash settings, when i was there i had a small £10 streak on FW and I had a £20 on the Super 7 allthough Dave tells me that the super 7 can go for £50 plus streaks on occasions, I had a good time while there and as well as comming out winning, I also got a little gift from dave it was a bottom reel glass for an old BFM machine, which i would love to see in the arcade if he can find one in good nick, it was the 1st machine I found a cheat on. if you in Gravesend you must pop in to MR P's for a play and a chat with Dave if hes in, you will probly spend more time chatting with dave than you will playing, but he has a classic in there for every one if you like your classic machines then you will love it there, and thay all set to a good percentage so you have a pritty good chance of comming out up or at the least not much down, I had put £20 aside to play in there and I never got past the 1st 3 quid, better than in Brighton the day before.

Regards

Cliff C

#26 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

@ploggy just looking through past topics and noticed you had a Wip of wheel of Fortune, will this ever get completed to replace my shitty hybrid version as this machine deserves a better wdx.

Edited by vectra666, 14 July 2014 - 01:51 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#27 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Edited by vectra666, 14 July 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#28 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thanks Captain (I must have thanked you @ DADs for this).  One of the best ever made and Ploggy yes remember the trick mate!

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

also forgot to thank captain myself for this but of course I wasn,t here then lol but did thank him in my hybrid release anyways thanks lol. so common ploggy a excellent dx beckons!!

#30 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

The old WIP is still on my hard-drive.  I'm just waiting for when Amber supports Proconn in the future, then I'll get back to it.  Proconn emulation on MFME in its current state isn't 100%.  Sound problems on sampled sound machines, plus they don't feel like the Project machines I played in the wild; on MFME.  That might just be me, or the rom revisions we have are different to the ones we played back in the day.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#31 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

okies look forward to it along with many others when this becomes reality along with Amber2

#32 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

so is guitar moving straight on to amber 2 then

#33 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

so is guitar moving straight on to amber 2 then

Originally we had an entirely VB emulation. Version 1.

The next release will be the same VB front-end, with C++ dll's forming the back-end. Version 1.1

Then finally I will create an entirely new C++ front-end, with the same dll's as the back-end. Version 2.

Version 2 will be fully 3D and Cabinet compatible. Expect it complete around 2017.

Version 1.1 will be released as soon as possible, probably around Christmas at the current progress rate. MPU4 is now nearing completion with many bug fixes over the original, and much faster. Next up will be IMPACT tech, then MPU3, then spACE, then Proconn. Which will get 1 game from every CPU type running. Once there is a complete instance of every CPU type working, the rest of the techs should go in quite quickly. All the components such as reels, lamps, segs, hoppers, coin mechs, solenoids, alpha's have been written modularly to allow them to be reused across other techs as necessary with very little effort.

Coin handling is now fully emulated including level switches, tube / hopper levels allowing much more accurate coin handling for server purposes.

Sampled sound is now complete for MPU4, AY8910 sound is the wrong speed in some cases, but progress is being made. I hope to be able to start attacking IMPACT properly over the weekend.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#34 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Looks good, in the mean we'll have to make do with this classic or my shitty hybrid layout lol. Roll on Christmas or 2018!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users