Photo
- - - - -

How Has What Was Once Such A Good Site Gone So Bad

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Old members opinion of the site and its over zealous admins. (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel FruitEmu rates now

1. Better than tte good old days (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted Worse than the good old days (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

3. Voted About the same (or I don't care) (10 votes [37.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

mwahh xxxxxxxx
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#22 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

People are still creating new stuff, it's not all rehashes. There's been some brand new stuff brought to the site lately. I've got an unreleased WIP, so do a number of others.

whoops, i've got one or 2 i think aswell to do but i just dont have the motivation to finish it

#23 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

whoops, i've got one or 2 i think aswell to do but i just dont have the motivation to finish it

Me too, need to get motivated. DR dosh is a good machine but bloody complcated

#24 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

FE was best in 2007 IMO. Alth, Vamp, Dtrmad & James1999 / Johnnybe (miss those posting here). Seemed that all got on with each other then (to a point) and it was a good laugh here, mixing in with that the regulars like Ady, Todd & CB etc, which created yes some arguments, but a good all round mix / variety.

Edit: It's healthy when you have a few personality clashes as long as it doesn't go to far. Creates entertaining reading...hehe.

Also the the worst thing about this site, as I've said many times is these emoticons. I can't stand them (Gay).

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 12 March 2010 - 10:05 PM.

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#25 pimpalicious

pimpalicious

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

One of the main reasons I come here, is because the MPU mecca always stays on topic for most of the time, but can be a little dusty at times. However, my main forums used to be Fruit Forums and since AM left, the number of releases have gone, and hence anything fruit machine related it has simply evolved, into what it has due to nothing fruit machine related. This place I think is the crossover point between the two, and it still has a good crowd here, and lots of topics which i tend to chip in from time to time.

My 1 euro's worth

Pimp.

#26 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

so do i but lack of motivation , fme being a bit shit again, and the lack of replies anything gets these days - why bother :wub:
Posted Image

#27 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

I think my views about FE are known, as I have mentioned quite a few times about it. ;)

I have nothing whatsoever against the Admin or mods of this site - to me they do a good job, especially having to cope with some of the newer and younger generations that have joined.

Fruit Emu has lost some of its attraction to me, and this is for a number of reasons, of which I hve posted on here in the past and won't bore you all with it again. These past couple of years have been the most worse in my opinion, but that is partly, because what has been said, there hasn't been no emulator updates (or leaks ;)) and the spam and illiterate posts by some of the newer members have been a major turn off to regular FME enthusiasts.

I do wish FE well for the future. I do and will visit here, but will not post as much (thank God i hear some of you cry! ;)). My love for the place has certainly diminished because of what I have mentioned, although my love for Fruit Machine Emulation has not.

Edited by Daryl, 13 March 2010 - 07:30 PM.

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#28 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

I have nothing whatsoever against the Admin or mods of this site - to me they do a good job, especially having to cope with some of the newer and younger generations that have joined. [Daryl]
cant work out how to qoute - new stuff AArghhh he he

My feelings too , esp the younger breed , its kinda gay now
Posted Image

#29 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

Younger breed???How dare you! Don't make me go all "trigger happy" on you Toddy!!! :rolleyes:
what..........?
oh....OH YEAH!!! silly me, I know who you're on about...

OK as a trigger happy ban mad mod, I'm implementing a new rule without any notice and consideration whatsoever-ever. The rule is: Don't say his name 3 times or he'll come back and start posting again. "Younger generation" is your clue, I think we all know who he is! ;) :twitcy:

With a more serious attitude, Daryl's 2nd and 3rd paragraphs sum it up perfectly how I feel the situation is :notworthy:

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#30 decaff

decaff

Two-Armed Bandit Player

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

We can this "The Internet".

GoodFruit_Nessy speak strange tongue. Maybe him take heap big smoke; invoke spirit of tribe youngers!

#31 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

I have nothing whatsoever against the Admin or mods of this site - to me they do a good job, especially having to cope with some of the newer and younger generations that have joined. [Daryl]
cant work out how to qoute - new stuff AArghhh he he

My feelings too , esp the younger breed , its kinda gay now

Very difficult to balance though Toddy. The scene needs new blood, otherwise it will die on its' arse. However, we couldn't cope with more than 1 pies at a time, although that is an extreme example. I would also point out the flow of new releases does seem to come from mainly from Tommy and Brucegeorge, 2 relatively new members. I don't deny we get layouts from some of the older ones, and I am pleased about that; the recent release from Pook was most welcome, Ploggy and HTS both trot out releases on a regular basis, as do Captain Haddock and JohnnyAFC. BUT looking at the more experienced layout creators what have we got - Pandy - No, Harvey - No, Bugs and Trouty - No, MDS - No, Wayfinder - No, RB - No, DAD - No, You - No, James b99 - No. So what do we do? We need new poeple to take up layout creating to keep the scene going.

bj

#32 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

I, like many of us, hate change, and this new-look site is not for me. the pros and the cons have been explained, but the feel of it might get some use to.

#33 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

OK as a trigger happy ban mad mod, I'm implementing a new rule without any notice and consideration whatsoever-ever. The rule is: Don't say his name 3 times or he'll come back and start posting again. "Younger generation" is your clue, I think we all know who he is! ;) :twitcy:

LUKE LUKE LUKE

:lol:

i cna guess who you mean :p

hes to wrapped up in his xbox and his call of duty eugh

Edited by Matty.N, 13 March 2010 - 11:01 PM.

#34 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

Very difficult to balance though Toddy. The scene needs new blood, otherwise it will die on its' arse. However, we couldn't cope with more than 1 pies at a time, although that is an extreme example. I would also point out the flow of new releases does seem to come from mainly from Tommy and Brucegeorge, 2 relatively new members. I don't deny we get layouts from some of the older ones, and I am pleased about that; the recent release from Pook was most welcome, Ploggy and HTS both trot out releases on a regular basis, as do Captain Haddock and JohnnyAFC. BUT looking at the more experienced layout creators what have we got - Pandy - No, Harvey - No, Bugs and Trouty - No, MDS - No, Wayfinder - No, RB - No, DAD - No, You - No, James b99 - No. So what do we do? We need new poeple to take up layout creating to keep the scene going.

bj

Well ive just worked how to quote :) he he , I respect and agree with what your saying BJ , but i would say, the scene is on its arse now , its filtering down quick , no disrespect to Tommy or Bruce whatsoever , i feel we are treading water and there reproductions kinda (although welcome) point to that fact .. It is good to see The legend back (we all know who that is) although i doubt how long that will last without updates from ( the chosen dummy spitter) , which wont happen . I dont see where we go from here other than downwards , i just feel this site replicates where we are now and where its going , which amplifies why the younger element are creeping in .. Its dead and gone , maybe its time to let go , All passions burn out eventually , The selling of downloads will have an impact somewhere along the line ..
Posted Image

#35 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

That's a properly depressing outlook there. Clearly I missed the boat in terms of the heyday of FME, which I'll always regret.

There is brand new (non-rehash) stuff being done still, though resources are clearly drying out.

What of guitar's new emu? Does this not give anyone some hope?

#36 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

If that's the way, consider me going down with the ship and manning the lifeboats afterwards.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#37 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

I've said this before yes things seem to be crawling at the moment fme wise proberbly as toddy says due to lack of fresh layouts to be done,however i for one am hoping thats gonna change when FMEF is released.once we get a tech emulated on that, that mfme doesn't or even a tech which mfme can run but has bugs in due to one reason or another then surely thats gonna spark some interest in the scene again?.I for one have been wanting to start creating for fmef but just havent got my head around the design tools at the moment, i think everyone has gave up hope on an mfme update surely or they should have.Long live fme :notworthy: .

Edited by tommy c, 14 March 2010 - 07:30 AM.

#38 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

Well ive just worked how to quote :) he he

Thank fook for that. Today's lesson is multi-quoting. As the all time undisputed champion isn't posting at the moment.......

I respect and agree with what your saying BJ , but i would say, the scene is on its arse

So you agree with me, but you don't, hmmmmmmm

It is good to see The legend back

It was warmly welcomed by all. I think we all thought we'd heard the last of Pook. Glad he hadn't forgotten how to do it.

although i doubt how long that will last without updates from ( the chosen dummy spitter)

Do we or anyone really need Wizzy? Admittedly an MFME update would go down well, but we have Guitar on FMEF, DT is on the go with JPeMu and DS and his team are looking at doing something with the recently supplied source code for MFME9.4, maybe with Re'A. It may take some time but I'm sure we will have at least 1 new tech within the next year.

I dont see where we go from here other than downwards , i just feel this site replicates where we are now and where its going , which amplifies why the younger element are creeping in .. Its dead and gone , maybe its time to let go , All passions burn out eventually , The selling of downloads will have an impact somewhere along the line ..

Stop with the doom and gloom already. Help the scene. Grab some ROMs and do a release. You never know you might enjoy it. :)

bj

#39 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

can somebody ask geddy nicely to release his mfme 12.01 ??

that way all the DOND and partytime questions will be answered.

#40 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

can somebody ask geddy nicely to release his mfme 12.01 ??

that way all the DOND and partytime questions will be answered.

Nails me old matie thats as you well knew not for general release...I haven't edited nor deleted as neither would be right, why not just enjoy the test??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users