44 replies to this topic

#21 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

tbh matty no offence to you but i have lost interest in fruit emu until duplu sorts the site out and the mod and admin situ out

F***ing hell you still upset from when you got your 'mod' status took off you?

POWERMAD ahem.... Good god wheres me cough medicine?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#22 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

omfg i have to agree with RH not coz he's from grimsby but the site has changed and tbh its like been blind and using a blind stick to find where things are.

in all fairness this is crap compared to the vb stat atleast many thousands of us on vb knew where to find things and have pics of the new layouts which this ibp doesn't offer

if the site has changed i hope the admin meaning Ady is demoted to mod and doesn't show him as admin as its 1 rule for 1 and another rule for others. there's so many twisted n bent mods n admin on here that its about time this is looked into. i.e ady 1 rule for 1 and another rule for another, and crazybar not really knowing how to be a mod unless the cockhead gets his own way. as you know alan aka duplu i was a mod for several months helping out with real machine probs ect, but i'm damned to be or was working side by side to twisted members who seem to run this site much different to the site rules.

tbh matty no offence to you but i have lost interest in fruit emu until duplu sorts the site out and the mod and admin situ out

thats just your statement to which your entitled to but you gotta ask yourself how many other members would differ?

i reckon in all fairness a voters poll should be called for to see who does and doesn't like the new (all of a sudden transformation

Honest to fook man..ive never read such a load of pish in my 7 years on this site.

This whole 'chip on your shoulder' .. 'the whole world is against me' attitude aint doing you no favours..apart from making you look like a tit.

We all know the reason behind the whole escapade..when you were modding the site and its only 1 persons fault its ended up this way.

Why bring CB into it..whats he done ? no reason to have a go at him for nothing imo.

Anyways..not wanting to turn this into an argumentitive thread..back on topic....
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#23 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

Why bring CB into it..whats he done ? no reason to have a go at him for nothing imo.

especially since he cant defend himself

hes w/o pc acess till friday & hasnt had any since saturday/sunday i believe

#24 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

What's the point? I decided to move to IBP as are many other ex-vBulletin users. Sometimes there is no point in canvassing opinion and you have to do what is best for the longevity of the site. I don't have time to mess around with vBulletin mods anymore as I have a new job, a demanding young son and we might move house. I needed something out of the box to run the site and IBP was the only thing that fitted the bill. People can whinge as much as they like but you'll mostly find it's those that don't pay the bills that do the whinging.

I am a webmaster and have a current subscription to IPB and also a few add ons. It is very secure and a very good forum - it takes time to set up - especially the portal. This part can take a while to get spot on.

However, you will get used to a more intuitive forum so bear with it.
As an adminstrator it reduces the admin burden, and this is vital let alone someone with a family and moving house.

#25 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Honest to fook man..ive never read such a load of pish in my 7 years on this site.

This whole 'chip on your shoulder' .. 'the whole world is against me' attitude aint doing you no favours..apart from making you look like a tit.

We all know the reason behind the whole escapade..when you were modding the site and its only 1 persons fault its ended up this way.

Anyways..not wanting to turn this into an argumentitive thread..back on topic....

Do we now see it clearly? Boo f*****g Hoo you had your mod status taken a way my life is now at an end.... without your mod status your power less lincs, Pathetic.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#26 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Finally. A spell check! lol

Am having a few issues with the links at the top eg Fruit-Emu> Contact Fruit-Emu> Complaints. If i click say contact it says i dont have permission to access these forums. I either have to use the back button or go to http://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/index and start a fresh. see attachment.

Attached Files

Edited by c0nfu53d, 17 February 2010 - 08:13 PM.

#27 Sasq123

Sasq123

• New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

Well you seem to be angry about something that is for sure lincs1. You may think what you want but i happen to read through the posts so certain things may bother me and then again they may not :)
In this case i just think of you as MR PMSL ...nuff said i think.
Take a look at my signature and follow suit. :D

#28 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi just something i spotted when i'm looking at some threads on the front page it's saying 0 views but the threads have comments in em :wacko:

#29 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hi just something i spotted when i'm looking at some threads on the front page it's saying 0 views but the threads have comments in em :wacko:

There is a setting to stop the views updating straight away to save server resources. I'm going to revisit all these sorts of settings when I've finished the main stuff. Thanks.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#30 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

There is a setting to stop the views updating straight away to save server resources. I'm going to revisit all these sorts of settings when I've finished the main stuff. Thanks.

Cheers thought it may have been my browser.

#31 Steveir

Steveir

• Regulars
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

thats the problem....£120. There's no way the group I maintain vBulletin forums for can afford that, £20 no problem. The latest 3.8.x does what we need so I was going to let the update subscription expire but this IBP looks just as good. Will be looking into it thats for sure

#32 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

as i said

why not do what ff did

get the VB4 lifetime licence for £120?

or is this cheaper?

i knowits more secure & easier tomanage once set up

but does the cost (if one) justify it?

Edited by Matty.N, 18 February 2010 - 12:42 AM.

#33 syco

syco

Pretty basic.

• New Members
  • 131 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Its a bit icky the now innit- but Im assuming that atm thats because the site is on the bare bones the now on the new system, and the skin/theme/banner and chat etc has all got to be added back in. Bit like moving home- you gotta do the decorating once your in.

Matty.N; whilst I've never run a site even remotely as large as FE I know that IPB (especially its more recent versions) are perfectly efficient, easy to manage and secure, that said, like any changes of this nature they take a while to set up and customise into how they're required to be for the site... With the exception of content - looks, functionality, theme, layout etc etc is a little like starting from scratch... its a mega job!

Be patient guys, while there may be a few things that make you do this right now --> :skeptical:
All will be good again soon I'm sure... and probably better than it was before! :yes:

#34 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

another problem ive noticed

a fair few of the screenshots have been rearranged

2 examples 1st being dougstas release at the bottom of the news feed

2nd being this - http://www.fruit-emu...eat-the-banker/

showing emmerdale & not dond :S

Yep, nothing I could do about this one. It was because when people uploaded their images to the old site, they didn't name them very imaginatively. Therefore a few of them overwrote each other. There were lots of wip.jpg (as in this case) and untitled.jpg was also a favourite.

I know theres a few wrong images...

Rather than bother Duplu with this easy task (leave him to do the mind-bending stuff lol) can any that are noticed let One of us know via PM or email and we can correct it.

#35 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

Not a complaint as such, but if we stay on this new board layout, would it be possible to install the old FE chat again? I miss those days...

TBH everyone complaining is like what happens on Facebook whenever they change. You get about 6 million status updates "OMG I hate new facebook!!!"
OK it looks different but everyone gets used to it, all the moaning is forgotten about.
I reckon if you stuck with this one for a fair bit and changed it back to VB again, some people might still say "looks crap change it back" lol
Only problem I found is that some peoples avatars have been reduced to the size of a stick thin. Sure this can be easily replicated though by the user
And as a suggestion, the link "Forums" on the left hand bar takes you to the portal. Would it be better to redirect that URL to the main forum page?
Least we still have the smileys! :notworthy:

As for Lincs, well I won't go into it...but it's a pretty poor argument. All I can say is make sure you are looking in the mirror properly because the fella staring back is not me!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#36 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

i have just seen that my picture that said robinhood75 when i post has gone. i dont have it anymore so will i have to add another picture

EDIT its only on my phone I cant see the picture on the pc its ok.

Edited by robinhood75, 21 February 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#37 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

Not a complaint as such, but if we stay on this new board layout, would it be possible to install the old FE chat again? I miss those days...

Are you referring to the flashchat with the rooms or the shoutbox. The shoutbox is still available but only currently on the forums page and there is a chat system for IBP but I just haven't implemented it yet - it's a whole lot better than the old one too.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#38 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

The good old Flashchat one we had. Though an IRC room might work better on my PC because it's crap lol
Shoutbox is still tikketyboo(and who remembered that problem it had lol, when it used to say "Not Tikketyboo..." made me laugh)

The shoutbox is fine at the moment, but I would suggest changing the "SHOUTBOX" bar on top of it to read "SHOUTBOX-CLICK HERE FOR ARCHIVES" if it fits, because the box only displays 2 or so chats and there's no scroll. It will make finding the running topic easier.

Infact the worst thing you have done here is put this topic in complaints. No need to be hard on yourself Duplu....Should have put it in Site Suggestions or I Found a Problem. You do a great job here and you know it

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#39 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

So is there an upload tool now for the layouts as i see my release has a twirly arrow which i didnt put there cheers.

#40 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

So is there an upload tool now for the layouts as i see my release has a twirly arrow which i didnt put there cheers.

It was something I added to a couple of releases today tommy.

We can always add it and the link, but if you want to use it youself here's the image URL...

http://www.animatedg....rt.spin_e0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users