• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

Please use this topic for reporting any problem with the change to IBP. I'll detail all the changes, reasons for changing and things still to be changed at a later date. :)

xeepi_logo_email.png

#2 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

Please use this topic for reporting any problem with the change to IBP. I'll detail all the changes, reasons for changing and things still to be changed at a later date. :)

My problem is it looks nasty, total change and cant find a chat box. Unless that's gone too, in which case is also shit news. I am just saying I don't like this new look one bit and may deter me from coming back.

#3 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

Its a bit icky the now innit- but Im assuming that atm thats because the site is on the bare bones the now on the new system, and the skin/theme/banner and chat etc has all got to be added back in. Bit like moving home- you gotta do the decorating once your in.

#4 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

why not follow FF & go to VB4?

it was £125 for lifetime membership i believe

http://www.fruitforu...License-renewal

i'd of been happy to stick some money in & it looks a hell of a lot better imo

or is there some hidden motive to this new forum??

also will there be a front page like before or are we stuck with the index as the homepage? (as fruit-emu.com redirects there)

edit: just realised as MAGIK said

needs decorating etc

we need out shotbox back T_T

edit: some layouts cant be downloaded

i think its the ones with £ in the titles/file names as this system has changed the £ to £

Edited by Matty.N, 16 February 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

also unable to access scorp 4 layouts - http://www.fruit-emu.../44-scorpion-4/

might be whats causing the error on some of the downloads

#6 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

I like the new look here Duplu. I also like the fact that the Shout Box is on a different page as well. It's like old FE Chat, so now anyone who wants a chat can do it there in private = Much better look all round.

One thing if I can ask....Can we have the old Emoticons back (from the old FE site before it changed last time). You know the one's with the Devil and the Pink Blush. They were much better than the current ones (or can we have them all?).

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 16 February 2010 - 06:26 PM.

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#7 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

Hello this aint a problem i just wanna know how to go about uploading and doing a release thread.Do i go to new releases make a new topic and add a zip to it then upload the layout to the correct section in the downloads.Or upload to the downloads and post a link in the release thread thanks.I'm asking as the other way were you add the download id don't seem to be there now.

Edited by tommy c, 16 February 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#8 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hello this aint a problem i just wanna know how to go about uploading and doing a release thread.Do i go to new releases make a new topic and add a zip to it then upload the layout to the correct section in the downloads.Or upload to the downloads and post a link in the release thread thanks.I'm asking as the other way were you add the download id don't seem to be there now.

Just upload it to the downloads section and then put a link in your release post. I'll have to look around to see if there is any kind of release module.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#9 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:19 AM

Just upload it to the downloads section and then put a link in your release post. I'll have to look around to see if there is any kind of release module.

ok that fine cheers.

#10 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

Portal is now the default page, although I know it needs some work.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#11 smilewithrachael

smilewithrachael

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hello Duplu
Have had a few little probs downloading from 'Proconn' folder comes up with ERROR, will post error code when try again. I think your new site looks very nice by the way :)
Error code is [#10845]

Edited by smilewithrachael, 17 February 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#12 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

omfg i have to agree with RH not coz he's from grimsby but the site has changed and tbh its like been blind and using a blind stick to find where things are.

in all fairness this is crap compared to the vb stat atleast many thousands of us on vb knew where to find things and have pics of the new layouts which this ibp doesn't offer

#13 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

omfg i have to agree with RH not coz he's from grimsby but the site has changed and tbh its like been blind and using a blind stick to find where things are.

in all fairness this is crap compared to the vb stat atleast many thousands of us on vb knew where to find things and have pics of the new layouts which this ibp doesn't offer

give it a few weeks lincs

duplus looking for a release add on so the fornt page will be similar to before

at least we got our rep system =3

#14 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

if the site has changed i hope the admin meaning Ady is demoted to mod and doesn't show him as admin as its 1 rule for 1 and another rule for others. there's so many twisted n bent mods n admin on here that its about time this is looked into. i.e ady 1 rule for 1 and another rule for another, and crazybar not really knowing how to be a mod unless the cockhead gets his own way. as you know alan aka duplu i was a mod for several months helping out with real machine probs ect, but i'm damned to be or was working side by side to twisted members who seem to run this site much different to the site rules.

#15 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

Great new site. Really nice. Doesn't look shit or nuffink not at all.
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#16 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

Great new site. Really nice. Doesn't look shit or nuffink not at all.

thats just your statement to which your entitled to but you gotta ask yourself how many other members would differ?

i reckon in all fairness a voters poll should be called for to see who does and doesn't like the new (all of a sudden transformation

Edited by lincs1, 17 February 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#17 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

another problem ive noticed

a fair few of the screenshots have been rearranged

2 examples 1st being dougstas release at the bottom of the news feed

2nd being this - http://www.fruit-emu...eat-the-banker/

showing emmerdale & not dond :S

#18 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

another problem ive noticed

a fair few of the screenshots have been rearranged

2 examples 1st being dougstas release at the bottom of the news feed

2nd being this - http://www.fruit-emu...eat-the-banker/

showing emmerdale & not dond :S

Yep, nothing I could do about this one. It was because when people uploaded their images to the old site, they didn't name them very imaginatively. Therefore a few of them overwrote each other. There were lots of wip.jpg (as in this case) and untitled.jpg was also a favourite.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#19 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

i reckon in all fairness a voters poll should be called for to see who does and doesn't like the new (all of a sudden transformation

What's the point? I decided to move to IBP as are many other ex-vBulletin users. Sometimes there is no point in canvassing opinion and you have to do what is best for the longevity of the site. I don't have time to mess around with vBulletin mods anymore as I have a new job, a demanding young son and we might move house. I needed something out of the box to run the site and IBP was the only thing that fitted the bill. People can whinge as much as they like but you'll mostly find it's those that don't pay the bills that do the whinging.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#20 DeJaVu

DeJaVu

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

Whats with this new Look of the Site... At first I thought it maybe a hack....
"Take-it-easy & Enjoy"
DeJaVu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users