- - - - -

Three years since the leak

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

I could see this was going to happen at some point, I'm just gonna stand back and see how it pans out! So where can i download epee from? sorry couldn't resist:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::Randy-git:

#22 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Right so epee was supposed to be an emulator to run the dreaded epoch tech.. bit of a weird name epee.

#23 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Right so epee was supposed to be an emulator to run the dreaded epoch tech.. bit of a weird name epee.

Epoch Platform Emulation Enviroment

You may have to pay something to charity to use it though, according to Pandy

bj

#24 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:02 PM

Epoch Platform Emulation Enviroment

You may have to pay something to charity to use it though, according to Pandy

bj

No thanks can do with out it:D quiet enjoying the oldies at the mo sick of the site of this new cack.

#25 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Just to be clear, epee absolutely was, but never will be. << fixed that for you ;)

Trust me - I know these things ;)

Edit: Reply got cut off, was going to say to Guitar: you have a very shrewd overview of the whole picture, and quite spot on I believe. Chris was far from "being a gent" in much of what went on, although credit is due where due. Also, your assessment of epee/epoch is spot on. As to an emulator appearing, time will tell I guess, but as you've correctly surmised, it's not straightforward unfortunately :( At least there's no security issues preventing emulation (that I know) - which is more than can be said for the current techs in use.

DT

When you say "epee was" Does this mean epoch roms were running or there was some work done to try and develop an epoch emulator which is still a wip/no longer being worked on.?

If this has some legs why not make it open source and see what comes up?

#26 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

So if this emulator was being developed how comes when ever it's mentioned there is a lot of hostility surrounding it????.

#27 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

So if this emulator was being developed how comes when ever it's mentioned there is a lot of hostility surrounding it????.

No really you have to ask? Sorry to say but this gripes me a touch. (and is basically how the person involved got away with shite time after time.)

People really need to know what has happened history wise before stepping in and expecting this and that or believing that certain people have done good or bad for this scene.

Back to the question though the reason EPEE is met with such contempt is that when it was brought to the scene as an EPOCH emulator it was brough with huge baggage. Basically Tutton claimed he was at first the spokesperson for said emulator and was given a read only forum so he could post his $&%# offs and wallow in the glory. Every time genuine questions were asked he would dodge them with excuse after excuse to why they could not be answered. Basically hiding behind false NDAs and other top secret bollocks.

Those with any knowledge of the scene could spot this for what it was - total bullshit. There is a nice thread http://www.fruitforu...&highlight=EPEE where I state the contradictions of AT and this is basically when the wheels fall off for EPEE. Forum support was removed and AM of FF along with a few others had to wipe a great deal of egg from their faces.

Furthermore once the dolly was out of the pram AT got more and more desperate to hang on to what little attention he could get and claimed not only was he the coder of EPEE but also the coder of Jpemu.

It's all over at FF for you to read. Basically the scene was took for a huge ride and again Tutton was allowed to get away with it. The good thing I suppose that has come from this is he has now publicly distanced himself from FME and we generally live on in peace. It is a shame he has cost us so much.

Cue Nemster..... :rolleyes:

#28 Nemmie

Nemmie

• New Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

I could see this was going to happen at some point, I'm just gonna stand back and see how it pans out! So where can i download epee from? sorry couldn't resist:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::Randy-git:

No nothings going to happen apart from Geddy/Trouty making himself look obsessed and tragically sad again.

He is entertaining though, just push the buttons and watch him run around spouting the same nonsense he has repeated two hundred and twenty times and multiquoting himself into a frenzy :D

I will just take his reply as "No I am not going to let it go, I am going to hold it all inside and regurgitate it until the day I die because I have nothing better to do with my sad little life" and leave it at that.

P.S The laughing stock ladder LMAO and who is sitting on the top rung? Mr Personal Attack when he can't win a rational discussion, that's who!

Edited by Nemmie, 23 October 2009 - 11:08 AM.

#29 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

Cue Nemster..... :rolleyes:

Shit the bed that did not take long and you are the one calling folk obsessed. Do you realise how stupid that makes you look?

No nothings going to happen apart from Geddy/Trouty making himself look obsessed and tragically sad again.

He is entertaining though, just push the buttons and watch him run around spouting the same nonsense he has repeated two hundred and twenty times and multiquoting himself into a frenzy :D

People keep asking so I give them the answers. I mean it is not as if I am wrong. Maybe if I was wrong you would have a valid point however since I am not your post as usual is pointless other than to show that I control you. All I have to do is post and you come running. You are in my power oh Nemster...... bhawawawawawawawaw.

I will just take his reply as "No I am not going to let it go, I am going to hold it all inside and regurgitate it until the day I die because I have nothing better to do with my sad little life" and leave it at that.

Everyday? Is that just a wee bit of exaggeration there to put your futile point across? However if you like I would love to read your version of how AT saved the scene, never leaked anything, coded EPEE, did not hold the scene to ransom or bully coders and their family. I mean if you feel that strongly about it lets hear your side, other wise just shut up and f*** off because all you do is come here complaining about my post my opinion. You don't even give a valid argument for your stance. Blinded by the truth.

P.S The laughing stock ladder LMAO and who is sitting on the top rung? Mr Personal Attack when he can't win a rational discussion, that's who!

So telling the truth = personal attack? Erm okay right gotcha..... numpty. Maybe if the bloke had not caused so much shit then 'we' would not have any scope to personally attack him eh?

#30 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

Why not make it open source and see what comes up?

Why bother? No-one will do anything with it.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#31 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

Geddy,

Remember how you said the scene would be better of without AT. Well he's not been on here in months, so tell me....

Where's all the great stuff that's supposed to happen when he's not here? Cos all I see is the same old sh*t.

#32 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Geddy,

Remember how you said the scene would be better of without AT. Well he's not been on here in months, so tell me....

Where's all the great stuff that's supposed to happen when he's not here? Cos all I see is the same old sh*t.

Same old shit? Do you? Really? You see people dictating how the scene should be run? You see people attention seeking? You see people begging for stuff? You see people causing trouble for coders? You see people demanding things done their way or no way and holding the scene/coders to ransom? Do you see people manipulating others to get things their own way so they personally can get as much as they can? Well do you?

Great stuff is happening every day the bloke is not around. We are not going to get CW back just because AT has f***ed off. However we are not put through the crap all the time a present AT and his baggage presents.

Sorry thought that was blatantly obvious. :eek:

#33 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

in a nutshell:

DT was doing prelimary work on an emulator which might handle epoch roms at some point.

Lots of bollocks went on with Geddy and AT

emulator was no longer worked on in public domain -

end of story...

same as all the other times... between Geddy and AT emulation killed at a stage - whichever you feel is to blame (many argue both sides although I personally have my views I will not lay my personal blame again) that is it in a nutshell.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#34 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Same old shit? Do you? Really? You see people dictating how the scene should be run?

No, but neither did he. This was more a query about what "great stuff" is happening every day. What resources / layouts / emulators, anything, have you done lately? If he was around there'd be a few more layouts. Not that I am in any way justifying the stuff that went down. I'm just saying.

You see people attention seeking?

Mr multiquote asks this, ohh the irony. Yes.

You see people begging for stuff?

Every day, "does anyone have a layout / emulator for [Insert game here]

You see people causing trouble for coders?

Define trouble.

You see people demanding things done their way or no way and holding the scene/coders to ransom?

No, you do seem top have stopped this since he left. Although that is more an indicator of the trouble you have caused than he.

Do you see people manipulating others to get things their own way so they personally can get as much as they can? Well do you?

Oh yesss. Don't you?

Great stuff is happening every day the bloke is not around.

What, specifically?

We are not going to get CW back just because AT has f***ed off.

Yes because when CW was around he was always so kind and gentle and did everything we wanted. No, wait, he was so dictatorial it made the place look like a BNP conference.

However we are not put through the crap all the time a present AT and his baggage presents.

Only because he's gone away and you've stopped harking on about him being around (briefly). Not because anything has *changed*.

Sorry thought that was blatantly obvious. :eek:

The only thing obvious to me is that YOU were the one doing the minipulating to get rid of him. You seem to be obsessed with the guy, and he's not even here anymore.

Nothing appears to have changed, there's no more layouts (in fact less, on a weekly basis) or emulators than there were before. No people coming out of the woodwork to rejoin once all the fuss has died down.
Maybe I'm reading things wrongly, but it seemed like you were saying that if he left (was forced out) then the world would be rosy again, but its the same, just he isnt here.

You sure this wasnt born out of jealousy because he was involved with a potential Epoch emu and you weren't? So if you couldn't have it no-one could? This ringing any bells?

I could be very wrong, and if I am, I apologise wholeheartedly. BUT you have to admit, it does look very much like we were promised things would stop if he left. The thing we all seem to have glossed over is that the only reason there was any trouble, is because you stir it up whenever he returns so it looks like there is trouble where there isnt any.

#35 Mr House

Mr House

Sometimes Critical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

Yes because when CW was around he was always so kind and gentle and did everything we wanted. No, wait, he was so dictatorial it made the place look like a BNP conference.

Let's clear this bit up - Chris did what he wanted with his emulator.

You'll probably find originally, he never even wanted the original Fruit.Exe put out into the public domain and as a community, we were lucky getting what we got and the development he put into it.

That being said, I hope that he reads that you think he is a dictator, especially when you go crawling for help next time you can't figure something out at the Mecca.

Enjoy your stone throwing Guitar.

#36 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

im lost who is AT?

#37 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

not worth me posting anything here

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#38 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Let's clear this bit up - Chris did what he wanted with his emulator.

You'll probably find originally, he never even wanted the original Fruit.Exe put out into the public domain and as a community, we were lucky getting what we got and the development he put into it.

That being said, I hope that he reads that you think he is a dictator, especially when you go crawling for help next time you can't figure something out at the Mecca.

Enjoy your stone throwing Guitar.

Yeah he did do what he wanted, fair do's. I'm not talking about him not releasing it. Many many times have I posted that in the past that it was his choice.
And dictatorship in a sense of power, his position in the hierarchy (i.e. top). It was never a democracy, therefore its a dictatorship. And a benevolent dictator is still a dictator.

Crawling to him for help? I believe I asked the last thing in a public forum, which he kindly answered. And I presume he never ever asked anyone anything? Before that I sent him 2 or 3 PMs right at the start of the project which were either not replied to, or given very short answers to. Fair enough I got an answer, but seemingly one designed to be useless (either that or I just didnt understand it). Its his choice, so I have chosen not to bother asking any more. So no I aren't crawling to him, I hardly count 1 (albeit very usefull) answer. I would have got there eventually. Sure I am thankfull for that one answer as (again) I have posted many times before. There are more coders on the site than just he though. The AGEMAME peeps frequent the place on occasion, maybe they could help. PM's and Emails to some of them have proved very usefull in the past. Besides, you never know when a juniour member might know something, we were all one once.

#39 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

im lost who is AT?

He is a bad bad man pies, if he ever asks you if you want to go with him to see some puppies, don't go, because there is no puppies. Well their might be, but then again their might not be, but if you ask about the puppies then you definately will never get to see the puppies!

#40 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

im lost who is AT?

Read the history of FME here on FE, at Fruit Forums, The Mecca and DAD's to name but a few of the websites and when you have trawled through countless years of posting by all the members that have graced FME, you will know and understand who 'AT' is.

It is far too complicated to tell you straight out, mainly because a few FME sites blank out the name when typed! :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users