I got it working thanks!

Shame theres not 1 mega download with all the LATEST games in :(

#22 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

It would be 1 rather big download if they were out there...

I had to (cough cough) buy mine --- and when extracted they take up 16Gb on my hard drive, now just got to try and figure out how that FE menu system works then transfer them to my touch screen

#23 betty02

betty02

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Send them this way :p :p .zip them and upload them to megaupload lol?

Use SimpleTouch FE i think it's called i use it blooy brilliant software and can be configured easily, and looks pretty dam similar to a pub machine, my system will be a touch screen on the wall with an USFF pc hidden away, just want the LATEST games without needing to pay as they must of downloaded for free in the first place.

#24 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

If you think I am uploading 12Gb to Mega-Upload you got another thing coming... :biglaugh:

Yes I am using the Simpletouch FE -- just got to figure out how to get the programme to launch the INDE sim and the ITBOX sim before loading the game (then close it down after you exit the game) as each of the sims conflict with each other if you have them both running at the same time

#25 betty02

betty02

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

Where did you get the ITBOX sim from? What exactly is it? IO might just have to buy the DVD then :(

I only use INDE sim so had no problems runing any games? You might need ti right a script/batch file to close app then re-open other app? But you would need this to run when you open each game so a script for each game?

#26 DeJaVu

DeJaVu

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

What ver. of the Ind:e softwear is it... ?
"Take-it-easy & Enjoy"
DeJaVu

#27 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

1. I belive there are a LOT more games now than the original 48 listed on the 1st post ..... There are in the region of 250+

2. Like the fruit machines on this site where you load up and emulator then load up the games -- the quiz games work in a very similar way.

3. As long as you can find the games to download (or Shhhh buy :cry:) then you can load them onto your PC

4. To make a menu system for the games - you will need a "front end" menu, there is one that is quite easy to use called Simple Touch (which can be used with a mouse or a Touch Screen) link below.

SimpleTouch FE - BYOACWiki

hi the simple touch fe does not work on windows 7 is there or will there be a version which will work with windows 7 thanks

#28 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

hi the simple touch fe does not work on windows 7 is there or will there be a version which will work with windows 7 thanks

It's not the only front end available.....

http://wiki.arcadeco...wiki/Front-Ends

#29 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

It's not the only front end available.....

http://wiki.arcadeco...wiki/Front-Ends

hi thanks 4 the help i tried the other ones but no luck

#30 kevinpmullins

kevinpmullins

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:40 AM

Yes I am using the Simpletouch FE -- just got to figure out how to get the programme to launch the INDE sim and the ITBOX sim before loading the game (then close it down after you exit the game) as each of the sims conflict with each other if you have them both running at the same time

I've been working on a standalone touchscreen unit and also use SimpleTouchFE, it's a great frontend for all sorts of games. (actually been using it for a long time now from the arcade community)
But my point of posting was that since mine is standalone I just created a simple batch file to auto start both the inde_sim.exe and the itbox_emu.exe simultaneously before the frontend launches and just leave them running in the background. when you exit a game it just brings you back to the frontend. I haven't had any problems with it yet.
There are a few games that are giving me troubles, but 174 games so far work fine.

What kind of conflicts are you having with both of them running?
(it may be my problem with a couple of the games giving me trouble)

The two giving me problems right now are PimpMyRide and SouthPark2..... they load fine, but then when they start the screen is black other than the currency, sounds and all running in the background.
Then there are a couple that play just fine, but cause an error of sorts only when exiting.

Attached Files

#31 arthurbear

arthurbear

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I've been working on a standalone touchscreen unit and also use SimpleTouchFE, it's a great frontend for all sorts of games. (actually been using it for a long time now from the arcade community)
But my point of posting was that since mine is standalone I just created a simple batch file to auto start both the inde_sim.exe and the itbox_emu.exe simultaneously before the frontend launches and just leave them running in the background. when you exit a game it just brings you back to the frontend. I haven't had any problems with it yet.
There are a few games that are giving me troubles, but 174 games so far work fine.

What kind of conflicts are you having with both of them running?
(it may be my problem with a couple of the games giving me trouble)

The two giving me problems right now are PimpMyRide and SouthPark2..... they load fine, but then when they start the screen is black other than the currency, sounds and all running in the background.
Then there are a couple that play just fine, but cause an error of sorts only when exiting.

Hi

Maybe I'm being dim???But i'm using simpletouch fe frontend and want to have the credits on all the time,Instead of having to close the program and click connect on the credits program and then re start simple touch,ANy help would be great.Thanks

#32 kevinpmullins

kevinpmullins

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hi
Maybe I'm being dim???But i'm using simpletouch fe frontend and want to have the credits on all the time,Instead of having to close the program and click connect on the credits program and then re start simple touch,ANy help would be great.Thanks

I haven't really spent much time playing any of the games, just a quick test as I configure the system. But most seemed to have credits on them and they stayed on there. (kinda like a FREEPLAY option) But I am going to look into it further as I've read others mention this issue before as well, just in case there are some that don't do that. I did come across one game that did not have credits on it, so I couldn't try it. (Fruitix, but it had other issues also when closing)

Seems I thought I had read about a program specifically for adding credits to the games, but I'm still learning my way around this forum and can't find it now.
I'm totally new to all of these particular systems, so kinda winging it as I go.
I will know more once I let people "test" the machine and games for me. (I like to build them, I rarely actually play anything)

#33 Rodneypcat

Rodneypcat

• Regulars
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hi there folks,

Are there more games available for inde/itbox/paragon/gameswarehouse available anywhere?

Having them running on PC is saving me a fortune - if only skillball bingo would work on windows 7 - the missus would be chuffed.

Thanks
:biglaugh:
Rodney 42

#34 kevinpmullins

kevinpmullins

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

Since this is the only thread I've posted in I figured I'd just keep my questions here as they fit under the "SWP Games" title......

Got a couple games that are giving me troubles I'm hoping someone can point out anything unusual with these particular ones I may be missing. (or tell me they just flat out don't work)

Billy the Quid - Fat Spanner intro starts up fine, then the game itself immediately crashes. (general windows .exe type error)

Guess Who - Loading screen comes up fine, then screen goes black when the game loads but can still hear it playing the background.

Pimp My Ride - Black screen aside from money values being displayed, can still hear it playing in the background. (posted picture a couple posts up)

South Park 2 - Black screen aside from money values being displayed, can still hear it playing in the background. (posted picture a couple posts up)

Deal Or No Deal - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.
Crazy Golf - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.
Q1 - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.
Q2 - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.

Otherwise I have lost count of all the good working ones I have now, somewhere in the 180 range.
I'm totally new to the SWP scene and rather enjoying these.
(just gotta learn my way around this forum now)

#35 pauldot

pauldot

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Since this is the only thread I've posted in I figured I'd just keep my questions here as they fit under the "SWP Games" title......

Got a couple games that are giving me troubles I'm hoping someone can point out anything unusual with these particular ones I may be missing. (or tell me they just flat out don't work)

Billy the Quid - Fat Spanner intro starts up fine, then the game itself immediately crashes. (general windows .exe type error)

Guess Who - Loading screen comes up fine, then screen goes black when the game loads but can still hear it playing the background.

Pimp My Ride - Black screen aside from money values being displayed, can still hear it playing in the background. (posted picture a couple posts up)

South Park 2 - Black screen aside from money values being displayed, can still hear it playing in the background. (posted picture a couple posts up)

Deal Or No Deal - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.
Crazy Golf - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.
Q1 - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.
Q2 - Plays fine, but minimized screen size.

Otherwise I have lost count of all the good working ones I have now, somewhere in the 180 range.
I'm totally new to the SWP scene and rather enjoying these.
(just gotta learn my way around this forum now)

You need to put these files in windows system,all working fine for me

Attached Files

3607216864.png

#36 kevinpmullins

kevinpmullins

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

You need to put these files in windows system,all working fine for me

Yup, double checked that I had done that. Redid it anyways, no change.

Billy the Quid ended up being just a bad copy over from my other pc, now it works fine.

But the others still have the same issues.
Guess Who will play fine on my test pc, but not the games pc. (goes to blank screen on games pc, but plays in the background)
Pimp My Ride and South Park 2 won't play on either PC. Same blank screen aside from the money values.
Wondering if I just need a better video card or something goofy like that.
I have tons of the other games working fine though.

The other SWP games I was asking about are just minimized versions, they play fine. I guess I need a different version of those in order to fix them to fullscreen?

#37 jeanlee411

jeanlee411

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yeah been running the business for around 1 year now makes a very good turn over but i had a jpm machine next to my home jukebox but when i moved house i had to see it due to down sizing so been looking for a replacment swp game system. Do you know why i get the error error [ 15:02:29 ] Failed to initialise environment then like i say i have purchased the full dvd now so ill have the games on disk in a few days so if you want any ill post the link once i have uploaded them

#38 ginjaninja

ginjaninja

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

where can i get a copy of these quiz machine emus

thx
the ninja

#39 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars