28 replies to this topic

#21 alansthedaddy

alansthedaddy

Former tooler/player........

• Regulars
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Nah A meant 'A' lol

What is your advice? Let more and more numpties post more and more shite till this place is well and truly over run with pish?

I presume you mean 'Urine' haha:notworthy:

Just having a laugh. Cheer up!! :idea:
Posted Image

#22 DialTone

DialTone

• New Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

Saw all the INDE roms that were upped these last few months and have been playing and enjoying them for a little while now. However, whislt going through Clives Repro website I noticed roms for older quiz machine, like Radio Times, Coronation Street and various others. However, they're jst the bin files, and come with no executable file.

Could anyone please tell me what program i need to run these? if they are emulated/simulated accurately? and if there's anywhere else where I would be able to get the older SWP's from, whilst we wait for new INDE ones?

Thanks for your help.

Jeez Troutman/Geddy can be such a self-righteous, arrogant cock sometimes. Sure, the INDE games are technically not ROMs (they are Rips of the actual game executables). As was also correctly stated, the INDE architecture is simulated so that the Ripped games work at all.

There are however quite a few older SWP ROMs emulated. And yes, they are ROMs (as well as Rips in many cases). See - AGEMAME HQ - The official site of AGEMAME Development. Also see PhilWIP (towards the bottom of the page)

Bottom line is it's obviously far easier to be an unhelpful, pedantic f***wit than it is to try to apply some common-sense and provide some help.

As to getting these running, I can't help much as I'm not familiar with the latest setup of AgeMame (as I understand this is being/has been? integrated with the main MAME emulator).

DT

#23 psychoduck

psychoduck

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

YES it was because I am so sick of people NOT knowing what they are asking for or too lazy to search first.

So many people on this forum seem to be so lazy and or thick that they seem incapable of doing simple searches or understanding the difference for example between a rom/layout/simulator and emulator.

Except, I stated that it was a simulator. I called the INDE games roms, cause that’s how they were referred to when uploaded by a lot of people and on CLIFFS Repro (got it right, yay)

I didn't come in and say "oh please can someone tell me how to get like, quiz machine right, from a pub... but at home? and what magic box do I need to run it?" That would be a f*****g stupid question. No I simply asked where roms for older games could be found.

They're in MAME as I found out now, guess what? Every other f***er calls them roms too. My god, I bet you’re dying inside, or wait, maybe you can go and multi-quote every mame site. After all, you're the great Geddy. The magnificent. The amazing. The prick that still hasn't helped anyone, because it's far more important to be pedantic and self serving, than it is to help people.

And then you question why the forum is dying later? Dick.

Not a fact at all since you do not even seem to know what you are asking for, see quote above.

It is a fact, cause you corrected me and pointed me where to go to get my facts right to find what I was after. If you didn't know what I was after, you're even more of a **** for posting your shitty definition post.

So which one? little ****, or big one?

I did answer I pointed you to a page which could have helped you with understanding the differences between roms/layouts/emulators and simulators.

As above, you pointed me to YOUR thread, to feed your ego. There was nothing in my post that was beyond comprehension, and me saying INDE Roms seems to be your main argument and reason for being a dick. Despite me pointing out that others call them roms too, others who are held in much higher regard than yourself.

Erm I didn't answer BUT I posted my definitions page? So did I answer or not? Make your mind up hehe.

hehe. hehe.... you're funny. Except, no, you DID not answer. Did you answer my question? no, you posted a definition page. You responded. You replied. You acted like a bitch. You clicked a blue button, made a post and angry $&%#ed yourself to sleep. They are all true, but did you actually answer the question like so many others have done after you?

no, sir, you did not.

No what is totally annoying is folks asking for stuff that has been answered many times before but are too effing lazy to do a search.

Wrong. Did a search. On here, and google. Could find a few things, but for the most part was coming up with ROMs (don’t shoot me, guvnor) that were not emulated in Mame properly, and thus were unplayable. I've since gotten Cluedo, Monoploy, Scrabble, and Corry to work.

Even now, you know what? I'd still ask if anyone knew of any others? oh my god, I am the devil incarnate. f*** me for using a forum to see if others can help and offer answers.

In my opinion which you probably don't want I would say it is neither. It is just a program that is made to run some software. Like an OS for example.

No, see, I did want your opinion. What I didn't want, was your asinine attitude towards people, which has been displayed on numerous occasions.

Well you are wrong... but never mind.

I never said I was right, just stated that as far as I know, with the exception of RIPs, games that are downloaded are usually ROMs ran through emulators. Given that I was talking specifically of older quizzes, and not the INDE simulator, and given that the older ones do run through MAME, I'd still call them roms.

You can correct if you want, but that further proves you know EXACTLY what I’m on about if you can so asinine as to correct that mistake, and further proves you're a tit for not actually using your knowledge to help.

Clive hehe... I have often posted in public about the organisation of the 'Repro' and how I think it is misleading and not organised too well but the bloke does a good job and who am I to 'bitch' about it. However are you blaming 'Clive's' organisation on you not knowing what a ROM is? ;)

Oh smiley face? however am I to take it? was it a joke, or was it smirk cause you got me.... oh no, the internet is baffling me. Back to my cave where I belong with my misunderstandings of ROMS.

I didn't blame Cliff, you know that. You're just being a turd

Well thank God for the true legend that jmon is... bless him.

Who are you to belittle another poster? He tried to help a fellow poster.

You, acted like an idiot.

Guess who is more of a legend in the eyes of people who only see those posts?

Well for starts have a look at your history. Joined 5 years ago with a dozen or so posts. Strangely with a 5 year or so gap between posting. Now that spells 'funny buggers' to me straight away.

How?

I signed up 5 years ago, looking for a particular fruit machine and for some help. I found what I wanted. I didn't need the site anymore. I popped in occasionally to look for Jack The Kipper, which when I first signed up was unavailable.

I'm not addicted, I'm not obsessed, and I’m not even hugely interested. Fruit machines are a small part of my life.

I'm a funny bugger for having a life? I'm a funny bugger for not making 3000 posts? Funny bugger for not posting on the forum every time I visit the site?

You have no point here. You just tried to make something out of nothing, again.

Then when you do 'come back'

Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years. (oh, now should I add a smiley to help people see it was a referential joke? and to avoid criticism from you?)

you start asking why this and that won't run in this emulator or that emulator. Now forgive me but anyone who has been around for 5 years should know the answers to these very basic questions so forgive me when you start posting AGAIN asking things you should already know or at least know how to find out.

Yeah, I dared ask for a little help. f*** me in the ass.

I had Pie Factory 1 and 2 for years now. Deleted my MFME about a year ago, but kept the games. couple weeks ago, came back here to look for Jack the Kipper (I await your harsh criticism of my personal life based on that machine). Found it. Downloaded the new MFME.

Games that worked for me before, now stopped working. So I asked for help. Sue me.

I hardly ever come in this forum, I come, I get a fruit machine or two, and I go. Once every 3-4 months. Something like that, because I’m far more interested in other things than Fruit Machines. So the simple answer of turning on auto-throttle, yeah, I didn't know it. Could I have searched for it? yeah. Did I? yeah.

Got a lot of posts back with various issues, various replies about on-off alarms and calling attendants... gave up my search and since there was nothing in the opening 3 pages of threads, made a post.

I've since got my games working. See, see how great that is? I had a tiny little problem, I posted a question, someone didn't act like a **** and helped me, and now it works! oh joy. Since then, I've got a few more games since the machines I wanted emulated a few years back are now readily available. I've also found out all about INDE, which I’m way more interested in than Fruities, and because I've used the site more and got myself a few downloads from it I've even donated to the site as a thanks to everyone who puts in hard work contributing to the site, and to the people running it.

But I'm evil, right? cause I said Roms.

Case closed. I'm done. Good night everybody. I'll go ban myself and leave now, I've said ROMs at least 6 times now, I'll myself hung drawn and quartered by this time tomorrow.

oh wait... I forgot.

:)

That’s better.

#24 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

Anyone else hope that this thread gets locked now, as it's gone miles off topic??

#25 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

Anyone else hope that this thread gets locked now, as it's gone miles off topic??

Agreed Abyssed.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#26 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

I've since got my games working. See, see how great that is? I had a tiny little problem, I posted a question, someone didn't act like a **** and helped me, and now it works! oh joy.

Sorry.... apologies.

#27 psychoduck

psychoduck

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:00 AM

I also agree with the locking of it. Since the original question has now been answered, and all the flaming & arguing is silly.

#28 Nemmie

Nemmie

• New Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

Someone told me Geddy had apologised for something and I just didn't believe them. It's a first for FME and a very welcome one.

WTG Geddy :)

#29 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Someone told me Geddy had apologised for something and I just didn't believe them. It's a first for FME and a very welcome one.

WTG Geddy :)

My account got hacked you $&%#splash..... so don't you worry about it. :biglaugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users