• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 psychoduck

psychoduck

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi,

Saw all the INDE roms that were upped these last few months and have been playing and enjoying them for a little while now. However, whislt going through Clives Repro website I noticed roms for older quiz machine, like Radio Times, Coronation Street and various others. However, they're jst the bin files, and come with no executable file.

Could anyone please tell me what program i need to run these? if they are emulated/simulated accurately? and if there's anywhere else where I would be able to get the older SWP's from, whilst we wait for new INDE ones?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

http://www.fruit-emu...nformation.html

#3 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

http://www.fruit-emu...nformation.html

lol

Say no more Geddy - say no more. :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#4 jmon

jmon

Contributor

• Contributor
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

have you tried searching the download section

Coronation Street
Join Me At
Posted Image
====>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/JMONHEYMON <<<<---New released layouts updated frequently < last update April 5th >
Posted Image
And join me at http://www.vpforums....ewcat&cat_id=23 for great full screen cabinet recreations HEYMON IT'S JMON!
May we live forever in fruities
(¥¤&#12297; JMON &#12297;¤¥)

#5 psychoduck

psychoduck

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

Was it really needed for you to post that link, Geddy?

So many on this forum seems to be so up their own arse about knowing stuff, but seem incapable of answering simple questions.

FACT: You knew what i was asking for.

FACT: You could have answered.

FACT: You didn't answer. You posted your definition page.

FACT: Your spam is a million times more annoying than someone gettting the name of something wrong.

As far as i'm aware, INDE is not an emulator, but merely a simulator. The games all run on their own, but have issues, which is fixed by the simulator (INDE_SIM) which acts as if it is a fully operating quiz machine.

The games that you download, are still roms, as far as i know. Although technically, i suppose they're rips. However, Clives Repro refers to them as ROMS, so i did too. Perhaps you'd like to email Clives Repro your little bitchy post?

Thanks to jmon, who is the only one who actually helped in any way.

Jesus, when i read on Dads forum that this place was dying I wondered why, after reading all the SWP threads in the last couple of nights and seeing moronic responses, it's no wonder anymore. Fair enough, if someone gets something wrong politely correct and point out they'll stuggle to find it cause they're looking for the wrong thing.... but acting like an idiot when you KNOW what people are asking for? no wonder people think the place is going to hell.

#6 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

The games that you download, are still roms, as far as i know. Although technically, i suppose they're rips. However, Clives Repro refers to them as ROMS, so i did too. Perhaps you'd like to email Clives Repro your little bitchy post?

Who is this Clive geezer?:nah:

#7 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

i cant help but i cant stop laughing at clives repro :lol: sorry to tell you but its cliff's repro

#8 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

i cant help but i cant stop laughing at clives repro :lol: sorry to tell you but its cliff's repro

coming from you :lol:

#9 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

So many on this forum seems to be so up their own arse about knowing stuff, but seem incapable of answering simple questions.

FACT: Your spam is a million times more annoying than someone gettting the name of something wrong.

As far as i'm aware, INDE is not an emulator, but merely a simulator. The games all run on their own, but have issues, which is fixed by the simulator (INDE_SIM) which acts as if it is a fully operating quiz machine.

Jesus, when i read on Dads forum that this place was dying I wondered why, after reading all the SWP threads in the last couple of nights and seeing moronic responses, it's no wonder anymore. Fair enough, if someone gets something wrong politely correct and point out they'll stuggle to find it cause they're looking for the wrong thing.... but acting like an idiot when you KNOW what people are asking for? no wonder people think the place is going to hell.

Hi Psychoduck,

Basically, the old machines you are asking about (Radio Times e.t.c. - it's a bit off topic but I own a Top of The Pops myself which is pretty much the same machine) are not currently emulated. They use Bell Fruit Machines Cobra 3 hardware.

What the 'INDE_SIM' 'emulates' is machines which are already designed to run in Windows, from a normal PC housed inside a pretty trivia machine cabinet. The 'INDE_SIM' just defeats the protection on the games, tricking them into thinking they are running on a proper gaming terminal, when infact they are running within Windows on your home PC. They are all pretty recent games, or remakes of older games. I've got 3 INDE terminals locally, and while I don't scam them or anything, they have pretty much the same games on offer as the downloadable packages you'll find on here.

Just to warn you - as far as video machines go, it is VERY limited at the moment. The INDE_SIM based games run, and a couple of other older ones will run to a certain degree - the only one that springs to mind is The Crystal Maze, but last time I tried it that didn't run smoothly enough to play it. Can't remember how many games we've got up and running on the INDE hardware, must be a good 30 or so.

There will be LOADS of ROMs and Binaries (BINs) out there, but all that means is that the machine's contents have been dumped, it doesn't mean there is definitely a way to play them.

Hope that helps, feel free to chuck us a PM if you get stuck :D

Edited by Closed Loop, 03 August 2009 - 10:13 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#10 psychoduck

psychoduck

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

Oops, yes, Cliffs Repro. Not Clive, considering i wa on the site most of the day i feel a bit foolish getting the wrong. Thanks for correcting me.

And thanks for your help Bencrest, much appreciated,.

#11 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

Hi

Its a mistake that has been made with my name many times over the years, but i used to be a Mecca Bingo caller in a past career so i have been called much much worse lol.

Regards

Cliff C

#12 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

YES it was because I am so sick of people NOT knowing what they are asking for or too lazy to search first.

So many people on this forum seem to be so lazy and or thick that they seem incapable of doing simple searches or understanding the difference for example between a rom/layout/simulator and emulator.

Saw all the INDE roms

^^^^ being a good example.

Not a fact at all since you do not even seem to know what you are asking for, see quote above.

I did answer I pointed you to a page which could have helped you with understanding the differences between roms/layouts/emulators and simulators.

Erm I didn't answer BUT I posted my definitions page? So did I answer or not? Make your mind up hehe.

No what is totally annoying is folks asking for stuff that has been answered many times before but are too effing lazy to do a search.

In my opinion which you probably don't want I would say it is neither. It is just a program that is made to run some software. Like an OS for example.

The games that you download, are still roms, as far as i know.

Well you are wrong... but never mind.

Although technically, i suppose they're rips. However, Clives Repro refers to them as ROMS, so i did too. Perhaps you'd like to email Clives Repro your little bitchy post?

Clive hehe... I have often posted in public about the organisation of the 'Repro' and how I think it is misleading and not organised too well but the bloke does a good job and who am I to 'bitch' about it. However are you blaming 'Clive's' organisation on you not knowing what a ROM is? ;)

Well thank God for the true legend that jmon is... bless him.

Well for starts have a look at your history. Joined 5 years ago with a dozen or so posts. Strangely with a 5 year or so gap between posting. Now that spells 'funny buggers' to me straight away. Then when you do 'come back' you start asking why this and that won't run in this emulator or that emulator. Now forgive me but anyone who has been around for 5 years should know the answers to these very basic questions so forgive me when you start posting AGAIN asking things you should already know or at least know how to find out.

#13 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

YES it was because I am so sick of people NOT knowing what they are asking for or too lazy to search first.

So many people on this forum seem to be so lazy and or thick that they seem incapable of doing simple searches or understanding the difference for example between a rom/layout/simulator and emulator.

Not a fact at all since you do not even seem to know what you are asking for, see quote above.

I did answer I pointed you to a page which could have helped you with understanding the differences between roms/layouts/emulators and simulators.

Erm I didn't answer BUT I posted my definitions page? So did I answer or not? Make your mind up hehe.

No what is totally annoying is folks asking for stuff that has been answered many times before but are too effing lazy to do a search.

In my opinion which you probably don't want I would say it is neither. It is just a program that is made to run some software. Like an OS for example.

Clive hehe... I have often posted in public about the organisation of the 'Repro' and how I think it is misleading and not organised too well but the bloke does a good job and who am I to 'bitch' about it. However are you blaming 'Clive's' organisation on you not knowing what a ROM is? ;)

Well for starts have a look at your history. Joined 5 years ago with a dozen or so posts. Strangely with a 5 year or so gap between posting. Now that spells 'funny buggers' to me straight away. Then when you do 'come back' you start asking why this and that won't run in this emulator or that emulator. Now forgive me but anyone who has been around for 5 years should know the answers to these very basic questions so forgive me when you start posting AGAIN asking things you should already know or at least know how to find out.

Calm down dear! :cool:

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

Just to note that I posted my reply when a bit drunk - obviously not *all* older SWPs are on Cobra 3 hardware, only mid-90's Bell Fruit Games machines :)

Why oh why did my local have to give us a bottle of 2004 El Bombero 15% for £5 :D
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#15 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Calm down dear! :cool:

Seriously though why? How many numpties do we get here asking the same old questions time after time after time? It's exactly this mentality that is killing this site.

Every time you read the SB it is littered with folks who are one brain cell away from being a mong with the same old crap. Amazing when I read a recent thread now I see we have a 'Bellfruit MPU' emulator. When the hell did Bellfruit use MPU?

....ffs these folks should be sat on from the outset and told to do some searching before asking the same old Q's time after time. It is so annoying that they are so effing lazy.

#16 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Wow - you have obviously been denied the chance of multi-quote posting in quite a while. Even for you that is a very impressive post.:notworthy:

bj

#17 alansthedaddy

alansthedaddy

Former tooler/player........

• Regulars
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Aww shut up. haha.

No-ones asking you to answer the question so why don't you shoosh. Its easy:Randy-git:haha
Posted Image

#18 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

Aww shut up. haha.

No-ones asking you to answer the question so why don't you shoosh. Its easy:Randy-git:haha

Where in the FP or topic - 'emulating/simulating older SWP games' does it state open to everyone but Geddy?

#19 alansthedaddy

alansthedaddy

Former tooler/player........

• Regulars
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Hahaha A never said you weren't to answer it!?!?!? You didn't have to. lol

Wow some life btw When you get all huffy over a post in a forum. hahaha:arghh:
Posted Image

#20 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Hahaha A never said you weren't to answer it!?!?!? You didn't have to. lol

I presume you mean 'I.' :lol:

I felt I did have to answer hence I did. If I did not feel the need I would not have.... I thought that was bleeding obvious.

Wow some life btw When you get all huffy over a post in a forum. hahaha:arghh:

Oh you know me? Sorry what makes you qualified to judge what type of life I have?

For your information I was not getting 'huffy' over a post on a forum but 'annoyed' at seeing the same type of shit posted time after time.

What is your advice? Let more and more numpties post more and more shite till this place is well and truly over run with pish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users