27 replies to this topic

#21 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

EDITED TO ADD: There are a couple of things that would make it a bit better, mate. For some reason, when you open a few tabs, they hide behind the main window and you can't get them back again. This happens in the bit where you can set the, "Auto Speed" in the, "Emulator Options" and the tab that lets you see the, "Meters".

Done I think

And, is it possible you can add a minimize, and maximize part to the front-end, mate? When the emu is initializing,

Done

it's not fitting my desktop properly. I need to drag it into position manually.

Done

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#22 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

Done I think

Done

Done

Great, fantastic super! :)

#23 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Anyone coming to test? Its 7pm. Meet on MSN or Mecca Chat please.

#24 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Tomorrow night, about 7 ish? Meet in mecca chat room.

Great stuff - I'll be there (will need a bit of explaining but only once you need to tell me).

EDIT: I thought you ment tomorrow (Just got in from work). PM sent.

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 03 August 2009 - 08:36 PM.

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#25 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Am there now if everyone wants to join.

#26 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

Sorry mate, only just got in. I'm in there now but can't see you!!!

#27 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:47 PM

First off: Yay

Secondly: It runs & runs as fast as MFME as far as I can see. Long way to go but this is for real, and thanks to Guitar for spending the time to load it, really appreciated taking the time out to do that.

It's very early days, but it works, and the main thing here to think about is that FMEF will run roms that don't run ATM. Things are looking better for FME - It even runs on my shit laptop, which I was told tonight (in a nice way) is absolutly crap - LOL.

#28 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

First off: Yay

Secondly: It runs & runs as fast as MFME as far as I can see. Long way to go but this is for real, and thanks to Guitar for spending the time to load it, really appreciated taking the time out to do that.

It's very early days, but it works, and the main thing here to think about is that FMEF will run roms that don't run ATM. Things are looking better for FME - It even runs on my shit laptop, which I was told tonight (in a nice way) is absolutly crap - LOL.

Its not as fast as MFME, but the autospeed sets it to run at 2MHz(ish) as does MFME3.2 so they run equally fast, but in terms of how much cpu each one needs to run at that speed, MFME is quicker, and that will never change as I use a high level language to code in.

However the speed is very much improved and it can run at 2MHz on even a shit laptop :p

Which reminds me, your laptop isnt rubbish. It just doesnt have much graphics capability which is the case for 99% of laptops. Graphics take power and increase the heat so you end up neding a big battery and more cooling and for a laptop that doesnt sell well as it makes them heavy and comparitively bulky.

The best way to run FMEF is a desktop with an ATi graphics card preferably HD series. For some reason AntiAliasing refuses to work on nVidia at the moment, Ive been trawling the DX8 websites and my code to find a bug but cant see it.

Overall the testing has gone very very well. The online functions now work, the emu runs at full speed, and has a working auto speed.

It works on 32bit XP, Vista, Windows 7, and 64bit has been tested on XP so far and Vista will be done shortly.

WIll have to see what happens graphically but I may make some changes to the directx system, possibly moving to openGL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users