- - - - -

Virus Virus Virus

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

do you have the full ver of that program tommy, if not let me know. got a KG :policeman: oppps shhhhhhhhh

:policeman:hello:policeman:hello:policeman:hello!!!

No i haven't got the full ver rh would it be worth having or stay with the malwarebytes cheers for the offer.

#22 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

No i haven't got the full ver rh would it be worth having or stay with the malwarebytes cheers for the offer.

I have the same program and it works fine for me. if u want the full ver let me know and i will PM u the front door KEY and my NAME

#23 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

right this might be a dumb question but here goes, i dont use facebook at all never have, my brother went on facebook about 2 weeks ago on my lappy, he didnt watch videos or anything he just checked his comment etc, is there a chance i could have this virus?

#24 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

right this might be a dumb question but here goes, i dont use facebook at all never have, my brother went on facebook about 2 weeks ago on my lappy, he didnt watch videos or anything he just checked his comment etc, is there a chance i could have this virus?

I doubt it or you would know about it already!

and people wonder why i dont have a face book ?

these viruses have been on there in many forms for months!

Just dont click on dodgy links people!

On the same topic i have a few contacts on MSN that send me links while there "offline" and they dont even know there being sent so i suggest unless your physicly chatting to someone dont click any links even if you trust the person thats sent you it as they are prolly infected and dont know its sending to you.

Hope this helps at least one person then it was worth mentioning it :)

Steve P
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#25 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

I think you would know if you had it mate with the amount of pop up windows and security allerts it gives out stupid fooking virus it is lol.

#26 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

ok cheers guys, no i dont get any windows popping up and i have hardly any security warnings, so i think im ok. cheers for putting my mind at rest guys.

#27 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

tommy c, you have a PM with needed cough cure and instructions... not that you should need it anyways, but all the same ;)

Also, done some checking and the tools I have are out of date, and most sites suggest using the two vundo fix tools and Malwarebytes to fix this issue.

#28 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice i was given on how to try and solve this problem. I have used the tools stated and it seems fine for the time being fingers crossed.

#29 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

BBC - Newsbeat - Technology - Hackers 'launch attack' on Facebook

#30 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

Security experts say part of the problem is that members are using passwords that are just too weak, ones like family or pet names that are often on a person's homepage and so can be easily guessed.

No-one will guess my password <3

had it for a while now & its long, very odd & a mix of number & letters :p

#31 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

I think online armor would of stopped this with its program/process/reg guard

#32 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:06 AM

No-one will guess my password <3

had it for a while now & its long, very odd & a mix of number & letters :p

Hacked it :p it's: e1n2m3i4m5m6n7n8i9n10e11m12o13o14o15n16m17a18s19t20e21r22

Anyone eles want me to hacked there password in case they've forgotten it ;) let me know.

#33 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

The laptop which was infected is running ok now and i've noticed the performance has really improved alot to what it was.

#34 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

On the subject of viruses, we've seen a whole load of instances where a rootkit has infected PCs and stops CMD prompts / scripts / regedit / regedt32 etc from running. As far as I have found, nothing picks up / fixes the issue so it has to be sorted manually. If anyone else is having this issue, I've posted the fix here:

Tech Tips

#35 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

The laptop which was infected is running ok now and i've noticed the performance has really improved alot to what it was.

Was that fixed with the Vundo / Malwarebytes combo?

I'm interested to find out if that is the case, as I want to be prepared in case I get another rot box PC to fix with this crap on, and if true, would mean it's deffo the same fix as earlier variants of Vundo / Smitfraud.

#36 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Was that fixed with the Vundo / Malwarebytes combo?

I'm interested to find out if that is the case, as I want to be prepared in case I get another rot box PC to fix with this crap on, and if true, would mean it's deffo the same fix as earlier variants of Vundo / Smitfraud.

I think he just used the malwarebytes to fix it, but I could be wrong.

#37 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

I think he just used the malwarebytes to fix it, but I could be wrong.

Yeah rh is right just used the malware bytes that sorted it. Did another scan to see if it picked anything up what might need the other tool. Nothing was found and everything seems fine.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users