- - - - -

Virus Virus Virus

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

Hello all just a question my daughter was on her laptop this morning the only two sites she viseted were facebook and an online movie site. After she exited internet explorer a virus had downloaded itself into the hdd. It was called personal anti virus it started doing all funny stuff opening windows blocking all web pages and kept popping windows up and warnings from the system tray.It just wouldn't stop unless i agreed to install the personal anti virus.All i was getting is critical system alerts and couldn't do anything with the laptop. I have managed to get rid with super anti spyware the thing is it kept duplicating itself into all differant places on my hard drive:mad:. Just wanted to know if anybody else has been unfortunate enough to come across it cheers.

#2 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hello all just a question my daughter was on her laptop this morning the only two sites she viseted were facebook and an online movie site. After she exited internet explorer a virus had downloaded itself into the hdd. It was called personal anti virus it started doing all funny stuff opening windows blocking all web pages and kept popping windows up and warnings from the system tray.It just wouldn't stop unless i agreed to install the personal anti virus.All i was getting is critical system alerts and couldn't do anything with the laptop. I have managed to get rid with super anti spyware the thing is it kept duplicating itself into all differant places on my hard drive:mad:. Just wanted to know if anybody else has been unfortunate enough to come across it cheers.

i did state in the shoutbox a few days ago that a virus was lurking on facebook,

p.s did u get my pic of overload via msn email? and was it any use?

#3 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

The virus is a twat to get rid of, 8 times out of 10 its a reformat HDD job to totally get rid of it.

check this out:- Personal Antivirus (PersonalAntivirus) Remover at Spyware Removal Tools

and this :- http://www.myantispy...l-instructions/

Im not sure if SuperAntiSpyware will remove it...
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 tripodbeatz

tripodbeatz

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

my brother had the same problem as many others over 2 million have now been infected with this virus off face book its a nasty little worm virus that is malware i think even with virus software it still wanders in the system 32 folder in windows it originally started as a video link and spread, u need to get a good reg scanner like ashampoo is excellent and worm out the little worm lol sorry for the pun, this is getting a real problem for windows users dont use programs like norton or mcfee all poo the best solution for a virus free life is go linux if cant afford a mac and use crossover for linux for ya pc apps hoped this helped

peace out tripodbeatz

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

It's a varient of that fecking xp anti-virus 08 again.

Seams the fix is almost the same as you would use for getting rid of smitfraud as described here, however as others have said, the only sure fire way to get rid of it is with a full format....

http://www.bleepingc...sonal-antivirus

I'll up a software pack later today which I have used to get rid of smitfraud before. Also, would advise to get a copy of Malwarebytes, fully update it, then scan the living crap out of the machine concerned: Malwarebytes.org and use the two scanning tools attached

Attached Files

#6 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

i did state in the shoutbox a few days ago that a virus was lurking on facebook,

I must not of seen the face book message and i've not been on msn yet m8

#7 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Seams the fix is almost the same as you would use for getting rid of smitfraud as described here, however as others have said, the only sure fire way to get rid of it is with a full format....

XP Antivirus 2008 Removal Instructions (XP Antivirus 2008) - MS Windows Vista Compatible Software

I'll up a software pack later today which I have used to get rid of smitfraud before. Also, would advise to get a copy of Malwarebytes, fully update it, then scan the living crap out of the machine concerned: Malwarebytes.org and use the two scanning tools attached

Thanks all of you for coming up with all this info so quick. I'm abit lost here when your talking about a full format? so even though the super anti spyware says it's got rid will the virus still be there? thanks again all for this usefull info.

#8 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

How to remove Personal Antivirus (Removal Guide)

Thank you for the links and tools i'll give em a try now.Does anybody know if this is just isolated to internet explorer as i've had no trouble with firefox.

#9 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Thanks all of you for coming up with all this info so quick. I'm abit lost here when your talking about a full format? so even though the super anti spyware says it's got rid will the virus still be there? thanks again all for this usefull info.

a full format means you will have to insert the O/S Disk & format it & then reinstall your O/S

#10 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

a full format means you will have to insert the O/S Disk & format it & then reinstall your O/S

cheers matty but i'm lost even more now O/S?:wacko:

#11 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

XP, Vista, etc

#12 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Tommy O/S Just stands for Operating System....like stanmarsh is saying also above.

#13 tripodbeatz

tripodbeatz

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

need to install windows tommy but id get a copy of ashampoo clean infected registry entries i hate windows its like looking after a incontinent pensioner lol

#14 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

my brother had the same problem as many others over 2 million have now been infected with this virus off face book its a nasty little worm virus that is malware i think even with virus software it still wanders in the system 32 folder in windows it originally started as a video link and spread, u need to get a good reg scanner like ashampoo is excellent and worm out the little worm lol sorry for the pun, this is getting a real problem for windows users dont use programs like norton or mcfee all poo the best solution for a virus free life is go linux if cant afford a mac and use crossover for linux for ya pc apps hoped this helped

peace out tripodbeatz

Installing Linux for the express purpose of surfing the shinternet seems like an excellent idea. Please to be so kind as to post instructions on how to install tripodbeatz?
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#15 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

Installing Linux for the express purpose of surfing the shinternet seems like an excellent idea. Please to be so kind as to post instructions on how to install tripodbeatz?

Try this:

Installing Ubuntu Linux! | PCMech
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#16 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Well it's looking like super anti spyware didn't get rid as malwarebytes has found another 22 infected objects so far.

#17 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

best thing to do tommy is to ask all the people that use the laptop not to open the wall posts that that have videos or links to videos. Also tell them not to add any apps that fb do as they are all third party and nothing to do with fb. I had that shit last year and was luck and managed to grab all my stuff and screen it and put to dvd before a system restore.

#18 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Well it's looking like super anti spyware didn't get rid as malwarebytes has found another 22 infected objects so far.

do you have the full ver of that program tommy, if not let me know. got a KG :policeman: oppps shhhhhhhhh

:policeman:hello:policeman:hello:policeman:hello!!!

#19 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

well the scan is complete and this is the result

Attached Files

• Attached File  ss.jpg   115.06KB   52 downloads

#20 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

well the scan is complete and this is the result

:wideeyed: Jeez tommy..youve more trojans there than mininova.

Delete all them Malwarebytes is a good program should get rid of it for ya.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users