#22 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hope all the flyers get uploaded from /FW :D

I've got a working scanner again now, so will be able to upload any from my collection which are relevant.

Will have to work on another list of which ones I've got, I'll do it when I get a moment in between stripping / rebuilding my scooter, and other bits and bobs (darts, e.t.c. :p)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#23 levartemit186

levartemit186

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

Ok dif closed down for the reasons Mr. House stated, but why did FW close down? Were they linked or did something else happen?

#24 FRUITJUNKIE1971

FRUITJUNKIE1971

• Regulars
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

Shame DIF has gone, used to love reading the reviews and the other funny threads Mr.House made... It's been a laugh, thanks Mr.House, hope it returns one day. :)
hello!

#25 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Should just do the odd 'Reviews' and post them on here :)
Posted Image

#26 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

Should just do the odd 'Reviews' and post them on here :)

There is a review section J.

I think most of us are level headed enough to listen to the critics and some/most info on these reviews help the creator no-end --- as long as its written by those that basically know what they are talking about.

Mabey we should start using it...take Harv's reign and have our own reviewers mabey?

Attached Files

#27 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hope all the flyers get uploaded from FW :D

$500 :p

#28 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

At the moment there is acrimony between 'rival' forums, supporters of 'rival' posters, and for what reason? Nothing moves forward because of it.

Wouldn't it simply be possible for people to get on without going out of their way to drag certain users or issues up?

I love this 'nothing moves forward because of it' routine. So you are saying if we all got along and forgot the past, forgave everyone of their 'sins' we would have a flourishing scene with lots of emulator updates etc?

Funny I can't see that logic. Tell you what let us start with Wizzy and ask him to forget the past and just release more updates to MFME shall we? Funny I just don't see it happening. Or are you saying the emu coders are exempt from this 'forgiving and forgetting?'

#29 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I love this 'nothing moves forward because of it' routine. So you are saying if we all got along and forgot the past, forgave everyone of their 'sins' we would have a flourishing scene with lots of emulator updates etc?

Funny I can't see that logic. Tell you what let us start with Wizzy and ask him to forget the past and just release more updates to MFME shall we? Funny I just don't see it happening. Or are you saying the emu coders are exempt from this 'forgiving and forgetting?'

Well I guess the alternative is we all waste energy on pointless squabbles which have no benefit to the wider community, when that energy could be directed towards :

1) Creating layouts.
2) Finding resources.
3) Buying resources.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I can't think of one example where an emulation community has progressed through fighting.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#30 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

Well I guess the alternative is we all waste energy on pointless squabbles which have no benefit to the wider community, when that energy could be directed towards :

1) Creating layouts.
2) Finding resources.
3) Buying resources.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I can't think of one example where an emulation community has progressed through fighting.

Like I said let us see the blokes at the top set the example then eh? To be honest I can hardly remember any 'pointless' squabbles in FME history. Most squabbles as you put it have come about because XY or Z has dropped a bollock and others have tried to put it right.

You cannot forget the scenes history and to do so would be foolish. End of the day we are never going to get a new MFME because we have tried to reason and got no where. Pointless... end of story etc etc.

#31 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

I don't think any site is better than any other, just I found fe first and used that for a year before i even went to any other mfme site. I dont see why we have to fight it dont get us any further just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you come online to see loads of shite.

#32 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

"just leaves a bad taste in your mouth".

I think you're confusing FME with swallowing jizz.

#33 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you come online to see loads of shite.

"just leaves a bad taste in your mouth".

I think you're confusing FME with swallowing jizz.

Not that I have tried it personally, but I thought the GF mentioned salt ;)

Sorry guys it was just too tempting.

#34 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Not that I have tried it personally, but I thought the GF mentioned salt ;)

Sorry guys it was just too tempting.

Liar, there's not a bloke that at some point hasn't shot his load into his mouth!

............I'll get my coat.

:)

#35 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Can we get back on topic guys? This thread is leaving a bad taste etc etc ;)

#36 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

Can we get back on topic guys? This thread is leaving a bad taste etc etc ;)

lol okies...........what was it now DAD? :twitcy:

#37 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

lol okies...........what was it now DAD? :twitcy:

I think according to thingybob that I was responsible for FW closing down.... or swine flu or something like that... :o

#38 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

I think according to thingybob that I was responsible for FW closing down.... or swine flu or something like that... :o

:skeptical:

[IMG]http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:qdvJmUIX9MPXlM:http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/images/oddities/medusa.touch.cover.lg.jpg[/IMG]

#39 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

All boards on Fruitworkz now gone

...I know why now. Amazing how the truth is always more interesting and plausible than the often 'published' reason. :lol:

#40 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

...I know why now. Amazing how the truth is always more interesting and plausible than the often 'published' reason. :lol:

OK I'll bite. I understood it closed 'cos King Tut was cheesed off with you hacking one of his layouts and posting it as your own.

In the words of WAC give us the who, what, how, which, when, where and why then.:undecided:

bj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users