• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

I say Gentlemen, have you ever thought of debating at Cambridge? One's aural delights at the intricacies of this thread have yet to be bettered since the Bard was a boy. I am inspired to go purchase some great literature and partake in a small sherry. Toodle pip.

Quite, one is scintillated at the intellectual intensity of this debate. I must trawl through the archives for further research into the intellectual considerations of Gary Chandler.

#42 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:32 PM

I say Gentlemen, have you ever thought of debating at Cambridge? One's aural delights at the intricacies of this thread have yet to be bettered since the Bard was a boy. I am inspired to go purchase some great literature and partake in a small sherry. Toodle pip.

The choice of English used in some of these posts has to be commended, whilst in others, its usage is a little saddening.

Still, the whole history of FME is filled with emotional banter that reaches into the soul of individuals and really pushes self expression. Not necessarily clean and profanity free, but always a good measurement to judge a character, and how strongly they feel about things.

If you search through FME's history, you will see some fantastic battles of self expression. some that are agreeable, others that are not. Dependent on the reading individual of course. But rremember that FME isn't a clean and trouble free journey. Even today.
Posted Image

#43 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Have to say I did a search for g'warning - and the only people I found who had used it in the past were all 18 or below on myspace - deciding to continue my research even further I tried to look in to the derivation of the term and came across a strange fact - apparently the only people who use the term are gumjackers!!
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#44 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

I may regret this, but whats a gumjacker?

#45 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

I may regret this, but whats a gumjacker?

only gumjackers would ask that :-p

#46 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

Lol - I am happy in my ignorance!

#47 GaryChandler

GaryChandler

Banned

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

You do get some strange characters on this site.

#48 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

You do get some strange characters on this site.

and that from the queen of attention seeking........

#49 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

Absolutely agree with that Gary - keep up the good work.

#50 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

In the voice of Tweety Pie "Awwwwwwww......Gawy's gone and got himself bannned for being a pwick....Wot a shameeee" :)

Now where's that nasty puddy cat?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#51 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

Now where's that nasty puddy cat?

/me looks about sheepishly then takes out the dog for a pish

#52 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:22 AM

Let's wait and see for any new user accounts that have the same kind of intellect as GC in the forseeable future.
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#53 the god of ears

the god of ears

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

i'm back..................ha ...........ha.......................

right, just to clear this up ,i've been informed that the coprophagous imbecile hiding behind the moniker of altharic is infact none other than the forums pet troll,so i wont agitate in that general direction from now on for fear of tyranical reprisals.i do however respect that fruit emu is a second to none resource where emulation is concerned and will endeavour to not stick my plates of meat under wheels that turn in my general direction.
however ,i do feel that the signature used by said troll(for a long time now) is a little on the distasteful side ,maybe the mods on this forum turn a blind eye to members with a high post count,i dunno,and would'nt like to insinuate anything untoward,but to be 100% fair to the friends of the McCanns ,maybe the sig should be vetoed mods, i know some leicester boys who aint too happy.

Edited by the god of ears, 04 December 2008 - 12:51 AM.
spelling

I AM THE GOD OF EARS ,THAT'S RIGHT THE THINGS ON THE SIDE OF YOUR HEAD! THE HELMETS TO PROTECT THEM.
ALL LESSER EARED PEOPLE BOW BEFORE MY LUGS.

#54 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

i dunno,and would'nt like to insinuate anything untoward,but to be 100% fair to the friends of the McCanns ,maybe the sig should be vetoed mods, i know some leicester boys who aint too happy.

With that quote you HAVE insuated something toward.
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#55 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

right, just to clear this up ,i've been informed that the coprophagous imbecile hiding behind the moniker of altharic is infact none other than the forums pet troll,so i wont agitate in that general direction from now on for fear of tyranical reprisals.i do however respect that fruit emu is a second to none resource where emulation is concerned and will endeavour to not stick my plates of meat under wheels that turn in my general direction.
however ,i do feel that the signature used by said troll(for a long time now) is a little on the distasteful side ,maybe the mods on this forum turn a blind eye to members with a high post count,i dunno,and would'nt like to insinuate anything untoward,but to be 100% fair to the friends of the McCanns ,maybe the sig should be vetoed mods, i know some leicester boys who aint too happy.

You may be right about the signature. But no one else has ever complained. And anyway, your displeasure with the said sig, and suggesting it's errm 'veto' as you put it, seems to be bourne out of a retalitory action against the said sig poster for past greviances. And doesn't in the slightest, suggest that you yourself are genuinely offended. And to that end, your request is certainly not being taken seriously by me.
Posted Image

#56 the god of ears

the god of ears

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:46 AM

i've actually read a thread where someone else has "had a pop",if it were in english i'm sure there would of been loads kicking off about it considering the membership tally on here,but being as it's in portugese it kind of narrows the potential for complaints down a bit.saying that i may be right about the sig hints that you find it in poor taste aswell zoltar,i know it's hardly battle of the planets,but ffs it's a bit twisted:FACT.............
I AM THE GOD OF EARS ,THAT'S RIGHT THE THINGS ON THE SIDE OF YOUR HEAD! THE HELMETS TO PROTECT THEM.

#57 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:21 AM

well ive seen the english version and it wasnt pleasant .ive never had anything against anyone on fme but i find the wording very distasteful i dont pretend to know what the new version says but going from the other one it will be pretty sick ive never met the guy dunno who he is but from what ive read i dont want to either..

#58 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

Saying that i may be right about the sig hints that you find it in poor taste aswell zoltar, i know it's hardly battle of the planets,but ffs it's a bit twisted:FACT.............

2 points.....

No1, I'm quite an open minded guy. If it offended me, I'd have gone through the normal means of reporting a post thats available to all other members here. OK. Thats a little inaccurate. There is a similar process however, for mods to use which works the same way. Just that it's for mods to use. At the end of the day, all greviances are discussed and debated in the same place.

No2, I may be a mod here, but my moderating opportunities aren't about my peace of mind. or what offends or doesn't offend me. I can suggest something and the rest of the mods will give their take on things. I like to think it's a pretty good system that helps to avoid over reaction. After all, lets face it. If all the mods just did things on a whim, they would soon be accused of over reacting or even taking sides.

The overall point being, wether I like something or not, doesn't necessarily mean it will be moderated. And when things are moderated, theres always more than one of us who agree.

You mentioned earlier. That you suggested that some members are more tolerated than others due to their post count. Perhaps insinuating that we let stuff go due to a member's long standing here. Seeing as you 'randomly' picked Alth, I'm sure he will tell you himself this isn't the case. I will conceed however, that a member's behaviour could influence a decision made. A simple example would be a situation where one member deliberately 'baits' another member. Then recieves a retalitory response from that second member, and the 'baiting' member takes offence, and sees fit to complain.
Posted Image

#59 the god of ears

the god of ears

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

thanks for the insight Z maybe i've been a little hotheaded about this,i'll let it drop now.

#60 Scottley

Scottley

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

I'm from Leicester and i've seen first hand the heartache that this little girls parents have suffered, if you have'nt got anything nice to say about this poor innocent little girl then you should'nt say anything altharic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users