79 replies to this topic

#41 baz

baz

Busy ...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

Got some bargains today already, 4 pk blank dvds 50p, 10 pk philips cd's & cdrw's jewel cased for a quid.
There's no sale stickers though, so have a good look around.
Posted Image

#42 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Just heard today from a trusted friend that Woolies are selling EVERYTHING tomorrow at 50 per cent off to get rid of stock...and I mean EVERYTHING...not selected items or none of that shit. Bugger, I'm at work. Let me know if this happens.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#43 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:14 AM

I went shopping in Wilkinsons with the girlfriend the other day, and noticed how much the place is like Woolworths. Wilko's does everything that Woolies did with the exception of CD's, DVD's and games. Wilko's even do Pick'n'Mix. Wilko's seems to be doing OK so I'm wondering if Woolies would have been OK if they looked at Wilko's and ran their stores that way.
Posted Image

#44 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

We have two Wilco's in Donny quite far apart.They do some good buys in there.We go in for cheap toiletries,so much cheaper than supermarkets but still sell quality stuff.They must be doing well here they are always busy.
I think Woolies may have been better off ditching the CD/DVD section years ago, there is too much cheaper competition wth the likes of HMV just around the corner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#45 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

Looks like i was rite in saying they will be gone by December 31st. Woolworths dont own there shops they rent them and they do that on a three monthly basis. The next lot of rent is due on December 31st 2008 and I can't see them paying another three months rent if they are in administration, so I guess they will close all stores by December 31st. I expect there to be some massive sales in the next 2 weeks with some stock up to 75% off or more towards the end. So happy shopping for us and a crap christmas for the staff.

There was a shop near where I live that went bust last year, the staff got told they will not get paid so as they left work they filled there cars with stock from the shop, some even got vans and went back and took pine furniture and beds. My friend got me a nice big mirror that was worth £75. Moral of that story is, dont tell the staff till you locked the doors to your shop lol.

#46 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

the woolies sale last friday, in which EVERYTHING was supposed to be 50% off but everything was 10 or 20% off. the only thing with 50% was a £2 poster lol.

#47 mictas_1

mictas_1

• Regulars
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

the woolies sale last friday, in which EVERYTHING was supposed to be 50% off but everything was 10 or 20% off. the only thing with 50% was a £2 poster lol.

not altogether true mate there was a pack of pencils that were reduced from £1.00 to 50p

:bigeyes23: lol

but i still bought 2 packs
well shave my body then throw me in the sea and call me flipper

#48 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

A lot of the toys in woolworths was half price with another 20% off got a thomas train set from £59 down to £24.49 and then the 20% off so got it for £19.98 or sommat like that

#49 vanessa

vanessa

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

you have to feel sorry for the staff they are the losers in this, i know how it feels as the company i work for is in administration we close jan 12th

vanessa

#50 Wicked_Willy

Wicked_Willy

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

Think some staff are under the illusion that if they work hard in their local Woolies then theres a chance their jobs will be saved still.

The 3 month rents on the leases are due for payment on 25th December. The administrators will not be paying it - therefore come Xmas day Woolworths will begin to shut down properly.

The website woolworths.co.uk has already shut down.

Rumour has it that the nearer to the 25th Dec the bigger the sales will be at Woolies until they begin to run out of stock in the out-of-town distribution centres.

I work on the stockmarkets and Woolies were literally forced into administration by the two main creditors whom Woolies owed money to.

It could've been avoided if the banks had supported Woolies short-term but hey ho...Money rules the world nowadays.

Bye bye Woolies (and my investment I had in them too!)

Regards

(The one and only) Willy

#51 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

Think some staff are under the illusion that if they work hard in their local Woolies then theres a chance their jobs will be saved still.

The 3 month rents on the leases are due for payment on 25th December. The administrators will not be paying it - therefore come Xmas day Woolworths will begin to shut down properly.

The website woolworths.co.uk has already shut down.

Rumour has it that the nearer to the 25th Dec the bigger the sales will be at Woolies until they begin to run out of stock in the out-of-town distribution centres.

I work on the stockmarkets and Woolies were literally forced into administration by the two main creditors whom Woolies owed money to.

It could've been avoided if the banks had supported Woolies short-term but hey ho...Money rules the world nowadays.

Bye bye Woolies (and my investment I had in them too!)

Regards

(The one and only) Willy

Yes this is the man I got all my info from, tell them about the banks too willy man.

#52 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

Yep, just on the news....800 Woolies stores in the UK are to close. Makes ya angry doesn't it when you think that the men and women at the top have probably been raking in huge amounts of cash while paying their staff as little as possible...and it's obvious now that they couldn't have run a fecking creche!!! Sorry for anyone that works in Woolies. Ours will go, no doubt. :(
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#53 jamespir

jamespir

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

im tempted to offer to buy woolworths at least i know how to run a buisness better than the last jackass my questions is will i get 50% off or will they try and get me with 10% saying that there sales are actullay up to 50%

#54 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

Just come out of the Doncaster branch and its like an effing jumble sale in the homeware section downstairs. Went to have a look upstairs and the shelves are empty now. They will be lucky to see the week out with the amount of tat left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#55 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

I bet you all $10 (i wont tho as me no gamble NE more) that no one bought any electrical items such as TVs and ps3's as they was all picked up and sent of to be sold at other stores like comet and game as they would get a better price than selling to the public. I think its a joke tbh. They claim that most items are now 50% off, but still yesterday the only stuff with 50% of was bikes which had sold out and some suit cases. Most the other stuff was 10 & 20 % off, I did see 30% of pens and pencils ffs. The administrators are using the media to try and get more people in to buy by saying they doing closing down sale when in fact the prices are the same as they was 2 weeks ago. Mind I did buy 25 blank dvds for £4.47 which is probably why they don't work lol.

#56 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Just come out of the Doncaster branch and its like an effing jumble sale in the homeware section downstairs. Went to have a look upstairs and the shelves are empty now. They will be lucky to see the week out with the amount of tat left.

Yes m8 same in Gloucester, they have closed the downstairs section and moved everything upstairs. They got shit loads of stuff in tote boxes and half the upstairs is full of junk too. It does look like a jumble sale lol. will be closed by the 20th I think, and still everything has not been cut by 50% but most is still 10 & 20% today. might go in on Thursday to see if they made any more reductions.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Edited by robinhood75, 15 December 2008 - 04:57 PM.
curlywill corrected my spelling. oh try and quote correctly lol

#57 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

MERRY CHRISTAMS

mmm... you might want to check the spelling of that lol.

#58 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Well it's gone....completely...Don't say I didn't say so!!! What a sad day and my heart goes out to anyone employed by Woolies.

Death knell sounds for Woolworths - Yahoo! News UK

#59 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Went in my local one today, there was signs on the tills warning about customers not to fight for goods lol. Most of the stock was now at 30% discount. Will be hard for the staff in Jan and also on the job centres will the bug influx of unemployed people.

#60 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Went in my local one today, there was signs on the tills warning about customers not to fight for goods lol. Most of the stock was now at 30% discount. Will be hard for the staff in Jan and also on the job centres will the bug influx of unemployed people.

Such a shame for the people employed by Woolies at this time of year. I really would like to have a meeting with management if I was an employee....lol...TO KICK THEIR COUPONS IN!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users