41 replies to this topic

#21 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:20 PM

...or Rik Waller, Gareth (now fat) Gates, or the worst of them all Shane Ward (yukk - karaoke styliee)..........

Rik Waller dropped out of Pop Idol with some kind of infection so didn't win.

Gareth Gates was runner up to Will Young, who actually did OK. I quite like Will Young's voice / music to be honest.

Shayne Ward? I actually thought he performed very well in the live shows of the competition. He was confident, and did a good job with the material he was given. Just not my sort of music.

Just incase anyone was interested (and you probably aren't!), you can get videos of Rhydians performances from Rhydian Roberts fan site X Factor 2007 - and you can also download mp3 and mp4 of Rhydian from here RHYDIAN_X FACTOR 2007

#22 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

YouTube - X Factor - Niki - My heart will go on

SHE SHOULD HAVE WON!.......hope Bens words work here :)

#23 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

I bet on will young to beat gareth gates got a crisp tenner back for my trouble

#24 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

I hope they all die in a chemical....oh wait, I'm bored with that now!!!

I hope their plane crashes into an acid factory. :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#25 choody79

choody79

• New Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

well done to the lad. good scottish boy. GIRUY simon cowell.

his comments about england could win something if same difference won was a complete joke and once again scotland got the last laugh.

#26 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

If you think about they will have had to have recorded a single to go for christmas no 1

#27 pash

pash

Old fart

• Regulars
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

Of course its a travesty but what people seem to have forgotten here that i would say at least 70% of votes come from teenage girls running their parents phone bill through the roof and give a 14 year old girl a choice between Rhydian, Leon and Same Difference - Leon will win EVERY time.
Pash - Fruit-emu moderator

#28 beth

beth

me and suzanne.

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

ive watch him rite from the start a nervous and shy lad but every week he came through and did scotland proud :) :).

#29 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

You all want f*****g with a raggy stick for even admitting to watching that shite. It is there just to make SC etc money and degrade the Christmas Number one.... all total f*****g shite.

#30 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

[RANT]

ive watch him rite from the start a nervous and shy lad but every week he came through and did scotland proud :) :).

I'm Scottish and i HATE this attitude that, because we're just a wee country, that anyone Scottish who goes on a show like the X Factor is somehow "doing it for Scotland", and that, if they win, it somehow gets us "one over them". What pish!

Louis Walsh is just as bad "if the people of Scotland come out and vote you could win this show" - why the f*** should that matter?! I didn't vote for anyone because i rarely watched the show - but i felt under no compulsion to vote for Leon simply because he comes from the same country as me. A talent contest should be won by the person with the most talent, not someone who has a whole country supposedly backing him, regardless of whether they actually think he can sing or can't.

It seems pointless voting in a talent contest "because he's Scottish", rather than "because I think he can sing".

[/RANT]

#31 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

Well, he won't get Christmas No 1 in the Top 40, because all the Scots are too tight to buy his CD :p

(no offense to any Scots on here ;))

#32 beth

beth

me and suzanne.

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

Well, he won't get Christmas No 1 in the Top 40, because all the Scots are too tight to buy his CD :p

(no offense to any Scots on here ;))

emm excuse me :)

#33 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

One final thing I will add....

yes you don't hear from them but remember...

After the Xmas Single, the WHOLE 12 Xfactor finalists go on tour for a year, all make at least a million and are set up for life, that is why say... someone who made it but got knocked out near the end DOESNT come back. they're set up already.

So... a year on and Leona is suddently releasing Albums, as is Shane Ward.
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#34 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

[RANT]

I'm Scottish and i HATE this attitude that, because we're just a wee country, that anyone Scottish who goes on a show like the X Factor is somehow "doing it for Scotland", and that, if they win, it somehow gets us "one over them". What pish!

Louis Walsh is just as bad "if the people of Scotland come out and vote you could win this show" - why the f*** should that matter?! I didn't vote for anyone because i rarely watched the show - but i felt under no compulsion to vote for Leon simply because he comes from the same country as me. A talent contest should be won by the person with the most talent, not someone who has a whole country supposedly backing him, regardless of whether they actually think he can sing or can't.

It seems pointless voting in a talent contest "because he's Scottish", rather than "because I think he can sing".

[/RANT]

That boy does make a hell of a lot of sense!! :)
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#35 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

I can't understand why so many people phone into these bloomin' things in the first place. I suppose there must be an awful lot of people who care enough to waste 50p on a phone call. It doesn't seem to be about talent anyway, it's Opportunity knocks meets Coronation Street. I still watch the damn thing sometimes as you can't avoid it can you? Cowell is so massive you get X this, X that flung into your eyes if ever you watch IV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITV5, ITV6, ITV7. If the entire UK population was made entirely of me, they would make no money from the phone in. Also the singing would be at pub karaoke level. Ten pint karaoke level that is.
There was some dreary piss on ITV8 today all about Paul Potts. I accidentally watched it by mistake. Cowell parading his Britain's got talent vehicle. Actually it was quite interesting in one bit. This opera buff was slating Potts, saying he had no talent within the field of Opera, he was just impressive to the uneducated masses. He sounded pretty good to me. I must be an uneducated mass.

This thread is rapidly losing argumentative thrust. How can we compete with other similar alliterative emulation sites if we allow this to continue?

The X Factor is clearly racist. Why do all the talented young black acts get voted off prematurely? I think Cowell is projecting some kind of white supremacy in his talent shows or else Britain's still got racist issues.

And

There's a dreadful smell in my basement. Can you guess what it is yet?
@_!!

#36 pash

pash

Old fart

• Regulars
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

There's a dreadful smell in my basement. Can you guess what it is yet?

The pile of used socks that you are letting grow into a kind of compost to try and prove your theory that mankind evolved from a gigantic pile of sweaty socks?

Anyone who has read previous nudgeman rants will know im not far from the mark ;)

No offence Mr N. Man i love your rants particularly the one where you use the term "Proton wobbler hammer"
Pash - Fruit-emu moderator

#37 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

The X Factor is clearly racist. Why do all the talented young black acts get voted off prematurely? I think Cowell is projecting some kind of white supremacy in his talent shows or else Britain's still got racist issues.

Did'nt Leona Lewis win x-factor?
Was'nt Cowell boning that Sinitta? He's a twat for sure but not a racist twat. lol

Posted Image

#38 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:18 PM

[RANT]

[/RANT]

Have to agree with this one hundred percent and I think you, DD, should be applauded for getting away from the normal Scottish attitude of "It's the English against us". If there are any people still thinking like that then it's "GROW UP PEEPS"....big time!!!

It's 2007 and the battle of Bannockburn happened ummmm...a long time ago. :
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#39 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

But I want to claim my right of premanocta!!!
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#40 PJ

PJ

Condom Testing Department

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but...

SEPARATED AT BIRTH?...

Attached Files

Winning is not a crime...

NEITHER IS SWEARING!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users