Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

Absolute travesty is all I can say.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#2 subby

subby

• Regulars
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

I do not watch it but found myself watching the final result being given. Ive heard better signing in my local pub on a karaoke night and they were pissed!.
No offence to the lad but this really is poor.

subby

#3 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

I am not in front of a TV but break it to me gently - who won?
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#4 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Rat boy aka Leon

xeepi_logo_email.png

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

Absolute travesty is all I can say.

All I can add Duplu is last weeks 'loser' wasn't a loser..........she should be on that spot!

#6 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

That is absolutely disgusting - Ladbrokes/ William Hill were saying earlier the odds were 9-2 against and they really hoped he wins so that they will make a fortune.. Got to be a fix!!! Who was manning those phone lines, wasn't the people who used to do Richard and Judy was it??

That is disgusting he was tone deaf.

#7 jigger

jigger

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

xfactor winnier well what can i say
katherine tate said it . WELL WHAT A LOAD OF SSHITT.

#8 joebee1966

joebee1966

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:01 AM

wot a fix.biggest phone fiddle yet

#9 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

To be honest, theres several ways of looking at it.

1) The winner isn't always the most successful. See Steve Brookstein vs G4. G4 came second and released several albums, Steve Brookstein won and got nowhere.

2) Rhydian is more of a niche act, as was the case with Steve Brookstein and Rhydian. How many kids (or 'young adults') were going to vote for Rhydian, compared to Leon (who is only about 18 I believe?).

To be honest, I wanted Rhydian to win, however I'm also kinda happy for Leon. He could be quite good with the right guidance.

#10 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:58 AM

How many kids (or 'young adults') were going to vote for Rhydian, compared to Leon (who is only about 18 I believe?).

And how many of these kids that voted for Leon are going to buy a JAZZ album ???

Although myself I wanted Rydian to win, looking at it now the best ones to be succesful in the charts would have been Same Difference. Rydian is mostly opera based material and Leon is Jazz .... Same Difference would have appealed to the same kind of audience that Steps and S-Club 7 pulled in...... There is a gap in the charts for this kind of stuff !

#11 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:57 AM

What an absolute load of $#!+, there is no way Leon should have won that, I am ashamed to say it but I really wanted Same Difference to win, I thought they had improved and in terms of demographics, they would have had the most appeal and gone on to make some serious cash, as people have already said, Rhydian is niche and even though he has a great voice, I can't see him hitting the mainstream.

Anyway, rant over for now, apparantly, Nicky was singing at the Jasper Carrott Christmas show at the NEC this week and she was briliiant.

#12 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:43 AM

#13 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

Also this years X-Factor rejects performance was the worst I have ever seen....... Most of them forgot the words and my god did they really have to have that silly fat cow as the main attraction .. Even the 4 blokes they got to carry her in on a 'throne' almost dropped her she was that heavy, what she needs is a good diet !!

Bring back the Chicken Man !!! Posted Image

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Attached Files

#14 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:27 AM

I agree about Niki should have won, Yes she had a so called 'Career' before (if you can count one single that flopped at 16 and singing on a Coke Ad a career).

TBH I hated Rydian from the start, never liked the Opera Side, but then, after last nights performance when he sung with an ACTUAL opera star, you realsed how much his voice has changed.

WAS IT JUST ME (showing my age, those who don't know look it up probably on YouTube lol) but DIDNT THE SINGER WHO DUETTED WITH RHYDIAN SOUND LIKE LARRY THE LAMB???????
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#15 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:27 AM

Well no one really wins in this program, apart from the record label.
Expect one album, 3 singles then nothing ever again.lol

Posted Image

#16 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

Got to say I agree with Vamp on this, can anybody remember the irish guy who won who was a busker - I can't? Or hearsay (read Liberty X), or any of them.. or Rik Waller, Gareth (now fat) Gates, or the worst of them all Shane Ward (yukk - karaoke styliee)..........

The people most likely to get careers out of this are Nikki and Ryhddian I would say.. Same difference will have three songs make some good money then play at Butlins every year (still earn a good wedge though)... Nikki will get some good work for a few years til it dries up (earn pretty good scratch), whereas Leon will do well with 2 singles and then dissapear from the radar until he turns up in 10 years time on a soap opera as the new Mitchell brother.

#17 angelus118

angelus118

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

I cant really add anything else that hasnt been said already. But I agree with the points that this is a massive fix. I think they dont listen to the phone polls. They make their money from them and then put through whom ever they decide they want to win. Nikki was the true winner for me. I didnt like rydian but he has an amazing voice for opera. No way can leon hold a note. He looks nervous and uncomftable on stage and dances like he has shit himself.

#18 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:50 AM

He looks nervous and uncomftable on stage and dances like he has shit himself.

That's exactly what I though - lmao.. It really did look like that.. Although I suppose he's just a youngster trying to do well so fair play on him.. I just don't think in a fair fight he'd have managed 2 seconds - lol.

#19 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

I was surprised really that Leon won as I thought Rhydian was far the better singer - a few hairs standing up on my back when he hit those high notes.

It was prob due to the fact that Leon had Kylie Minogue duetting with him (plus the fact he was young which appealed to the younger generation of female fans).

It would have been interesting to see what the final telephone votes were (just to see how much ITV made from people phoning in) and if there were the usual telephone system problems (where votes could be lost).

I think though, next year, that the four judges should make all the votes (rather than the public) as this is exactly what happened with Steve Brookstein winning with telephone votes (when the second runner up should have perhaps won) - just like last night. Just my opinion really. what does everyone else think?

looking forward to the X-factor no-hopers next year - that's the best part of it all (before it all gets serious).

So, do you think Leon has a good chance of winning this year's no.1 (hurry up Cliff Richard with your xmas song - you still have time!! LOL)

#20 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Same difference are a butlins act, Leon is a pound act you could see at any club, only one with talent was Rhyddian even if he is odd problem with the latter is who would buy his records he aint a singles artist.

Maybe the result was odd because most voters were at parties?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users