• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 lincs leisure R us

lincs leisure R us

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:52 AM

Layout designers are Stealing Work from the Manufactures! Why are you getting the hump about it!? You shouldnt have an emulator nor should you be using thire games.

If you sell them on CD, thats up to you! the Manufactures are the only people who should take action. Get the facts! Email Barcrest, JPM and so on.

don't be a total prick adam

i know the gaming law much much more than u

so y are u moaning about people selling cd's then?

if u cannot provide written permission for useing layouts and software by the manufacturer's then ur stealing like everybody else.

and i have rights to have a emulator as much as u do and millions of others

#42 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:31 PM

Layout designers are Stealing Work from the Manufactures! Why are you getting the hump about it!? You shouldnt have an emulator nor should you be using thire games.

If you sell them on CD, thats up to you! the Manufactures are the only people who should take action. Get the facts! Email Barcrest, JPM and so on.

don't be a total prick adam

i know the gaming law much much more than u

so y are u moaning about people selling cd's then?

if u cannot provide written permission for useing layouts and software by the manufacturer's then ur stealing like everybody else.

and i have rights to have a emulator as much as u do and millions of others

Listen anus head, Instead of debiting about it on these forums, email Barcrest about it. No one should be selling CD’s with this Data on.

ROMS AND ARTWORK ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR PROSPECTIVE OWNERS AND SHOULD NOT BE REPRODUCED/EMULATED IN ANY WAY. (Information from the Glass of Psycho Cash Beast)

By Making A Layout, You Are Breaking The Law. The Creator Of The Emulator Is Breaking The Law.

Please Email Barcrest/JPM or the Copyright Federation who will confirm this.

#43 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:32 PM

Erm I think you will find that coding an emulator is not really illegal. Many big companies have tried this one and failed, Microsoft, Sony and a few arcade board makers to say the least.

However you are right that having the roms/artwork to make layouts etc is illegal, then again so is downlaoding MP3s or taping songs off the radio and that has been going on since the 70s.

The point being made here is not about copyright at all it is about selling for a profit copyrighted material. By making layouts or emailing roms around although you are breaking copyright laws you are not SELLING them - hence no profit or financial gain. That is what Andy is pissed at folks like John Rugg selling copyrighted material for financial gain. Copyright is not and has never beent he issue here.

#44 closed

closed

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:34 PM

Quite right. Still waiting to hear what's actually so wrong about somebody making a couple of quid profit without hurting anybody, though.

#45 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:00 PM

there is nothing wrong with making money...

Pissing people off, who do this for no finacial gain, diffrent matter!

How about if Fruit Emu or any of the other sites started to charge for downloads..5p per classic....20p per dx....30p per new release...and roms where not hosted as selling these would bring down the wrath of the Machine manafaturers....
Ok no great lose if people think "bugger that" and go buy a cd with 50 obsolete layouts on it...better value for money...
But then the site Admin (who fund the servers and hosting) say "why the Fcuk should i bother"," throwing my cash down the drain", Then possibly no site, no new releases...End of fruit emu???

Or maybe Fruit emu should shut up shop ...get all layout designers and emulator coders to go "inhouse" and just market CD-Roms off ebay for £5.00 with new updates every week for all the new releases....Sounds like a money making proposistion to me....

RB (sober)
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#46 closed

closed

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:39 PM

So far there's only one pissed-off layout maker as far as I can see, and Pandy could get pissed off at a fluffy kitten playing with a ball of wool.

#47 lincs leisure R us

lincs leisure R us

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:42 PM

:)

#48 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 12:20 AM

There will always be people willing to exploit any and every thing...

There will always be mugs willing to pay for it......

RB
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#49 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 09:49 AM

That might not be the case on ebay from now on.

I have been speaking with a guy Josh Kent from Ebay Customer services and i ntroduced him to this site. He now knows that people selling a cd with fruit machines on is not right and you designers dont make any profit so all the current auctions will be removed and any further auction being made will be checked and if it is selling a cd to the public with emulation software on it the auction will be cancelled.

He sounds pretty good so hopefuly he will keep to his word.

Ps the user accounts that have setup the auction are down to be suspended for violating the rules. Also the people who have bid on these cds have been contacted and pointed to this site for there emulation needs...

Gamblin 1 Cd sellers 0.
N/A

#50 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:54 AM

hmmmm.....maybe it takes a little time to work????

http://search.ebay.c...sacategory=3944

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#51 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:13 AM

I dont think Josh got my second email yet with all the ref no's in because i only sent it this morning.

Give it time and i will see what his reply is.
N/A

#52 lincs leisure R us

lincs leisure R us

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:54 PM

i too have emailed ebay and the response i got was:

if any copyright infrindgment was broken then u need to contact the manufacturer's copyright licence department.

which means if u do then u could SHOOT YOURSELF'S IN THE FOOT.

I WOULD HONESTLY SAY THE BEST THING IS TO LEAVE IT OR FACE THE SITES BEEN CLOSED DOWN BY THE MANUFACTURER'S THEMSELF'S.

and with the help of BACTA,GOVERMENT,LAW.

they will enforce closure.

ITS UPTO U.

REMEMBER NAPSTER AND AUDIOGALAXY FOR MUSIC ECT.
THESE TO GOT CAUGHT. SO BARE IN MIND IT IS POSSIBLE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH U

#53 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 08:55 PM

it would be extremely nieve to think that the fruity manafacturers do not know about the fme scene and have not already visited these sites...
As one of the manafaturers who are now associated with several others in there rebuild program used to support this scene 100%.

Free advertising...dedicated user base....if only 10% of the regulars here go on to play their current machines on a regular basis...they would be happy...when was the last time you saw Bellfruit or JPM advertise their latest products on a billboard or TV or Radio...So i dont honestly think that they would "shoot their own foot".. bit like a pencil with no lead.."Fcuking pointless"

Where as selling Roms and copyrighted material for personal gain.........
:twisted:

RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#54 lincs leisure R us

lincs leisure R us

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:53 AM

well, i still see cd listings going on ebay.. so i think ebay do whats best *NOTHING*

I REST MY CASE. :wink:

#55 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 02:19 PM

I got another email back to say they had noted the cases but were unable to tell me what action would be used due to the data protection act.

I cant see how the words "The user has been banned" or "the auctions have been removed" breaks the data protection act but there you go..

If we keep nagging to them maybe they will do something about it.....

The only other way we could stop this happening from now on in would be to password protect the zip files but that would mean too much administration for someone......

Maybe we cant stop it but we can certainly cause a scene where possible.........
N/A

#56 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:17 PM

Well it appears that e-bay are taking action. I've just been forwarded a copy of an e-mail from someone (names changed to protect the innocent) who had bid for one of these disks on e-bay:

Dear xxx (x@x.com),

The following listing:

3261000986 - W@W! 400+ REAL FRUIT MACHINE games for PC CD!

has been removed from eBay for violating eBay policy. Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the transaction.

For a complete list of eBay’s policies, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.co...em_allowed.html

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay international AG

#57 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:18 PM

http://sumo.ebid.co....30-2&mo=auction

another one

#58 handsome_rob

handsome_rob

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:34 AM

I WOULD HONESTLY SAY THE BEST THING IS TO LEAVE IT OR FACE THE SITES BEEN CLOSED DOWN BY THE MANUFACTURER'S THEMSELF'S.

and with the help of BACTA,GOVERMENT,LAW.

they will enforce closure.

ITS UPTO U.

REMEMBER NAPSTER AND AUDIOGALAXY FOR MUSIC ECT.
THESE TO GOT CAUGHT. SO BARE IN MIND IT IS POSSIBLE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH U

Do you have any idea what you're on about?

Napster was closed because it broke the law.
Audiogalaxy was closed because it broke the law.

Now then.
Layouts do indeed break the law, and the only one thing you are right about is that it's up to us.
It's up to us to release them, not up to us for the selling of them.
However, if the scene was threatened legally we wouldnt be the ones to lose out because no matter what they did they cannot take away our ability to make these layouts.

How?

Well, I dont know if anyone ever told you this but EMULATORS themselves *ARE NOT* illegal in *any way or form*.

They are totally written in full by their authors using nothing *AT ALL* copyrighted from *ANYONE*.

The code in them mimics hardware in computers but isnt the actual hardware, just hand written code that belongs to no-one but the author.

And as for the manufacturers closing the scene down? well theres a much higher f*****g probability of that with stupid little f***ers selling it on ebay.
The very audacity of your post angers me, I mean do you seriously expect layout designers to forget all about someone selling their work to keep the scene alive?
So, what youre telling us is that you want us to keep on making these things free of charge for someone to profit from, and keep our mouths shut so that people like you can continue to take them without the manufacturers getting pissed off?

Think again mate, thats not whats going to happen, at least from me.

If people want to gain from my works then they have had all they will get, unless a safe way for me to prevent someone profiting from my free work comes about you will not see another sausage from me.

Ideas for protection are being talked about, but in honesty alot of the reactions this subject has caused has left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth.

Too much "we're ok jack" for me Im afraid :(

By the way, if you intend to shout so loudly in future please learn to spell what you are shouting, its hard enough to understand you as it is.

Also, you may want to rethink your strategies, as they suck ass

#59 handsome_rob

handsome_rob

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:37 AM

by the way, if you want to see what happens when you sell emulation for profit take a long hard look at bleem.

It did nothing against the law *AT ALL* but pissed sony off so much that it literally crushed bleems authors with legal battles, costing them more money in legal fees than they could handle.

Eventually muscle came out on top and bleem ceased to trade.

I think youll find that cheeky bastards selling the emulation is what gets under a companie's skin, not making them

#60 handsome_rob

handsome_rob

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:41 AM

well, i still see cd listings going on ebay.. so i think ebay do whats best *NOTHING*

I REST MY CASE. :wink:

ebay do whats best for their bank balance you idiot.

As long as they can get away with letting people sell this stuff they will, as all the time they can they earn sellers fees.

However, just like the selling of fruit machines themselves they will end up banning the sales of emulators and layouts.

Its all a matter of time, it doesnt take much for someone to copyright an emulator making it solidly illegal to be on sale.

Id pick that case up again if I was you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users