Photo
- - - - -

Have the toys been thrown out of the pram at FF?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

Been trying to log in for a bit and I'm getting a message from Chopley saying that the loss of FF won't be missed. I quote:

Please be aware that various archives of this forum are to be found in many locations. So the lack of FF will make - as time moves forwards and in the grander scheme of things - bugger all difference.

Has he thrown the toys out of the pram again or is it a standard message designed to not really bother anyone at all :)

Been away for a few days. Have I missed something?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#2 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

Looks like it mate. There was a few little arguements going on over there, didnt seem anything major.

I think i remember reading in a thread today Alex saying something about shutting it down...... i didnt take much notice of that though :/

Time will tell i guess...

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#3 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Theres now a message saying:

"FF should be back within a week or so."

not really sure whats going on tbh :p

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#4 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

Chopley was logged in here a few minutes ago so I PM'ed him to ask the down. Hope he replies as it was a good site. Problem though is that freedom of speech provokes freedom of absolute fecking nutcases to post loads and take over the site. I will mention no names. They know who they are. :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#5 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

On lighter note - I think this is linked to Ady Sky setup:

Morning: Ady wakes up and reads the Sky setup manual once again. Looks confused at the Sky dish and thinks "bugger it I'm off to bed".

Afternoon: Ady wakes up again - "I'm I supposed to do that with this controller" - then starts pointing the dish in different directions. 2 Hours later - Another nap.

Tea Time: Ady fires up the Sky and not intentionally this seems to affect Fruit Forums. 1 Hour later - Ady is in a cold sweat worrying about what he has done "Was that supposed to happen - Well at least I can watch X Files". 2 hours later Ady is in hiding.

Supper Time: Ady is arrested and sent to jail for a crime he says he didn't commit. He pleads his innocence and eventually the Police have to release for lack of evidence. 2 hours later he starts the drinking and smiles a big smile to himself - "The Sky setup hasn't been all the bad after all - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO"

All in good spirits - Lol.

:devil:

#6 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

Have i missed summat here ? :bigeyes10:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#7 ricocchet

ricocchet

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

Ive hacked FF and stolen the database, i will only return it, if Horatio lets me sleep with his wife for 40days and 40nights!

PS Jimmymac smells!

#8 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

get stuffed leecher boy :)

on a side note, patience people, all will be explained on FF soon enough :)

#9 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

Chopley was logged in here a few minutes ago so I PM'ed him to ask the down. Hope he replies as it was a good site. Problem though is that freedom of speech provokes freedom of absolute fecking nutcases to post loads and take over the site. I will mention no names. They know who they are. :)

Ironic that you know who does that to others and f*** all happens it happens to Alex and its close forum time.

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:50 PM

FF, just like FE is a great hive of information and i hope it returns soon.

#11 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Nee Balls Bottom Line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I Wrong ????????????

#12 Mark

Mark

• New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:20 AM

It would have been nice if he said why before closing it.

#13 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:29 AM

Bottom line !! if it is !!!!!!! its the hosters that suffer not us ........... althouh i suspect its just an upgrade !!!! nowt more

#14 g-man

g-man

• New Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

FF, just like FE is a great hive of information and i hope it returns soon.

Yup, but I think ff has gone a bit adrift lately, and I get the distinct impression that running it has been a thankless task for some time.

A few selfish peeps seemed determined to ruin it, which is a shame. :(

#15 Fergo

Fergo

• New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:42 AM

Harumph. Not amused.

#16 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:03 AM

I think it's a shame if any of the scene gets eroded. Whatever we might feel about FF most of the people on here are also on there so it can't be that bad!!! I didn't stay under my original name because I wanted a change ;) so I joined under a different name too. I think most of us check out FF, FE and probably another couple including DADs and the Mecca as well.

Let's hope it comes back up soon and there is nothing more sinister behind it. To be fair there are very few tossers in the whole scene.

* Although somebody told me it's because Wizard cast a spell on the server from his deathstar. ;) .... Although I have just been reliably informed that it's because Chopley has won the Jersey Lottery, so he is trying to work out how to spend his £12,420.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#17 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:46 AM

oooh interesting to see the odd FF regular making an appearance here, welcome to your beloved Noob emu.....

#18 Fergo

Fergo

• New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

I'm not odd :(

:D

edit: Woah, holy different smileys batman...

#19 lynx2oo2

lynx2oo2

• Regulars
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

Tis true I don't post here often, more of a FF regular.

I would love to know what happened over at FF, I went off to work yesterday afternoon and everything was open as usuall, come home from work and get the closed message.

I'm sure we will all find out sooner or later what is going on, but i hope FF returns soon.

#20 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

I have two large broadband connections in to my house at the moment (due to the business I am running), so if it's a hosting problem let me know and I can host it.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users