duplu's Content

There have been 860 items by duplu (Search limited from 02-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#144471 Zavvii

Posted by duplu on 29 December 2008 - 07:26 PM in Any Topic Chat

Just as an observation, why do people buy vouchers? I've never really understood the concept. There are about a million disadvantages to buying them and no advantages (I've never really seen any discount offered, which might be the one reason I would buy them). I can only think that the older generation still think of giving money as a bit 'crude'. One Aunt used to tell me that she would only mail vouchers and not cash in case someone stole it. I reminded her that whether it was cash our vouchers that she would have still have lost her money - Yes, I know that vouchers are numbered but by the time the company have got of their arse to investigate they would have been long spent.

Me and the wife received some once that could be spent in a multitude of stores and then the company who offered them when bust (I think they were called Smiles or something like that). This made the vouchers useless and the shop didn't accept them because it was nothing to do with them as they weren't their vouchers.

To me there's nothing like sending a relative (or receiving) a nice crisp £20 in a card, the universal voucher!

#144470 Zavvii

Posted by duplu on 29 December 2008 - 07:16 PM in Any Topic Chat

If someone spoke to my daughter like that i would of gone off my tits, i would not of walked out that shop without wat i went in for, if they called the police i would of just said that i have the vouchers and if they dont accept them, then thats theft, they took the money in the first place so its owed on the vouchers. so they have gone into addminastration but they are still open for business, so should accept vouchers. god im pissed from just reading this, god knows what them poor people was feeling at the time. my advise is to tell them to go to a dif store and try them in there, if they refuse them, then ask them to ask to see where on the turms and conditons its say they cant be used expect for the valid until date. hope that makes sense.

Couldn't agree more. I'd have been walking out of that shop with what my daughter wanted and the sales assistant would have received the rolled up vouchers inserted up his nose. In legal terms it's not as clear cut as 'we are not accepting the vouchers'.

They're just trying to squeeze every penny out of the business they can and are assuming that a large proportion of people won't claim for their vouchers and even when they do there won't be any money left to claim from. Don't forget that the Zavvi bosses purchased the company from Richard Branson for a quid as it was already in mega trouble.

#144478 Zavvii

Posted by duplu on 29 December 2008 - 07:58 PM in Any Topic Chat

i think people buy vouchers as a gift so they know they will buy a gift and not just piss cash up against a wall or gamble it or use it for paying bills or crap like that.

baz

Good point, make that one advantage! :)

#91369 your first emu

Posted by duplu on 05 August 2007 - 03:33 PM in General FME Discussion

My first was the Money Talks DX. Didn't have any real problems with the emulator but did end up re-starting it three times due to receiving some better artwork a couple of times.

#140808 Your Computer Setup?

Posted by duplu on 28 November 2008 - 05:40 PM in Any Topic Chat

Mmmm.....

Mac minimalism.

Attached Thumbnails

• duplu_mac.jpg

#134851 Your All Time Top Five.

Posted by duplu on 16 October 2008 - 06:13 AM in Any Topic Chat

1. Public Enemy No. 1
2. Card Cash
3. Indiana Jones
4. Money Talks
5. Instant Jackpots

In no particular order after the first one.

#234410 You Have Exceeded The Maximum Amount Of Bandwidth That You Can Download For T...

Posted by duplu on 28 May 2012 - 06:19 AM in Complaints

It's 32mb per 24 hours and was reinstated after the server move.

#234426 You Have Exceeded The Maximum Amount Of Bandwidth That You Can Download For T...

Posted by duplu on 28 May 2012 - 04:54 PM in Complaints

That means only paid members can d/l the red hot fever layouts for amber then!

(its around 48mb)

I've upped the limit for members to 64Mb so you can download red hot fever.

#115513 Yahoo slurp spider

Posted by duplu on 29 April 2008 - 08:49 PM in I Found a Problem

Nah, he's OK. Sort of like my pet spider, he goes through a few gig a month.

#112514 Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or PS3 ??

Posted by duplu on 26 March 2008 - 01:18 PM in Any Topic Chat

PS3 for me for a number of reasons:

• Natively plays Blu-Ray disks in 1080p.
  • Software updates are frequent and they're for new features not bug fixes.
  • It fits in with the rest of my setup in terms of style - the 360 sticks out like a sore thumb.
  • The number of available games is sufficient the 360 is just overkill on number of games.
  • Online gaming is FREE
  • It doesn't have a powerpack the size of a house, in fact it doesn't have a power pack at all.
  • I prefer the controllers as they are rechargeable and more stylish.

#102585 X-Factor Result

Posted by duplu on 15 December 2007 - 10:13 PM in Any Topic Chat

Absolute travesty is all I can say.

#102589 X-Factor Result

Posted by duplu on 15 December 2007 - 10:17 PM in Any Topic Chat

Rat boy aka Leon

#175934 wtf.....Internet speed....are we ripped off???

Posted by duplu on 17 August 2009 - 09:24 PM in Any Topic Chat

we could do it but this countrys just to tight to spend money on things that matter

The thing is we do spend on things that matter, like healthcare for instance. The amount of money spent on the NHS last year was £92.5bn. We could all have a super fast cheap broadband service for that amount of money but then you'd complain that you have to pay for healthcare insurance.

Also it wasn't really a fair comparison considering South Korea has one of the highest population densities of any country and therefore a requirement for a lot less cabling!

#161953 WTF is amos?

Posted by duplu on 10 April 2009 - 04:45 PM in Any Topic Chat

His posts are actually comments on videos from this site, which is why he/she doesn't have a post count.

#113023 Would you walk along this path?

Posted by duplu on 02 April 2008 - 05:01 PM in Any Topic Chat

Dangerous Path

#131864 Work this out !!!

Posted by duplu on 19 September 2008 - 09:19 AM in Any Topic Chat

It's just a perception thing.

The men perceive they have paid £9 each because they have no knowledge of the £2 the bellboy has pocketed. So in reality the hotel get £25 the men get 3 x £1 and the bellboy gets £2 making £30.

#115182 Windows XP OS Installation Help

Posted by duplu on 26 April 2008 - 10:40 AM in Any Topic Chat

My guess is you have a SATA drive. Windows XP didn't support SATA natively whereas Vista does. You will need to download an XP for your SATA drive and then load it during setup. An option appears to load drivers but I can't remember which key you press, possibly F3, but it tells you.

#242567 Windows 8 Anyone?

Posted by duplu on 31 October 2012 - 09:56 PM in Any Topic Chat

After it took me about 20 minutes to work out how to shut it down I got bored of it - Why would you need to go into 'Settings' to shut it down!

#157029 Windows 7 beta release wanted!

Posted by duplu on 11 March 2009 - 12:43 PM in Any Topic Chat

I've got it running in a virtual environment and can confirm it's faster than Vista, looks a lot like Vista and so far doesn't seem to offer much more than Vista. Lots of bells and whistles that's for sure.

#146346 Windows 7 - Verdict ??

Posted by duplu on 12 January 2009 - 09:15 PM in Any Topic Chat

Mac OSX all the way, I've not regretted the switch away from Windows.

#217871 Win Xp Puzzle?

Posted by duplu on 12 August 2011 - 06:58 PM in Any Topic Chat

I found this on t'internet http://superuser.com...me-after-reboot

The first answer with the registry edits is the one that looks the most promising.

#193418 Why We Should Be Eating Horses Instead Of Riding Them

Posted by duplu on 05 April 2010 - 05:38 PM in Any Topic Chat

Why We Should Be Eating Horses Instead Of Riding Them

Saw this on another forum and thought it was funny.

#138103 Why is this so hard?

Posted by duplu on 09 November 2008 - 10:53 AM in Any Topic Chat

Still have no idea why the damn url comes out all funny in the post. Some expert eh?

I'm going out shortly so no time to read all the posts but thought I'd let you know that this is because of vbSEO installed. It resolves the URL and picks up the title of the site.

#158622 Why is this site so confusing

Posted by duplu on 22 March 2009 - 02:43 PM in I Found a Problem

so is somthing goin to be done about it

Err no, because your original post doesn't fully explain what the problem is. I would need to know the exact details of the problem with URLs as from my end I can't see any probs.

#158624 Why is this site so confusing

Posted by duplu on 22 March 2009 - 02:44 PM in I Found a Problem

i was just wondering if it would be a good idea to add a classified ad tab for anyone wanting to sell either machines or spares. as i have noticed there is nothing apart from people starting new threads when either wanting to sell machines or wanting parts.

An excellent idea. We used to have one when the site ran off of a different CMS. It went when we moved to vbAdvanced. I'll see what I can find.