stanmarsh14's Content

There have been 838 items by stanmarsh14 (Search limited from 01-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#254228 The only nice thing about this heatwave... "it's too orangey for crow...

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 17 July 2013 - 07:45 PM in Any Topic Chat

I'd rather have this.....

#254208 Old joke (it made me giggle)

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 17 July 2013 - 08:51 AM in Any Topic Chat

The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she had just gotten married for the fourth time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband's occupation. "He's a funeral director," she answered."Interesting," the newsman thought.

He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they did for a living. She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years. After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she had first married a banker when she was in her 20's, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40's, and a preacher when in her 60's, and now - in her 80's - a funeral director.

The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such diverse careers.

She smiled and explained,

"I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go."

#254166 Giving away a fully working QPS Cash Lab Fruit Machine!

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 16 July 2013 - 12:48 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I actually would take it for myself, but I would part it out for other projects (I don't like the game for one thing), so I'll let someone else have the chance first, plus the fact I don't drive myself, also noting that Banditboy is not as local as I thought he was LOL.

Will say though as you are not that difficult to get to on bus (One of the Mecca lads is very close to you @ Mapperly Top), if you ever get a machine issue you are stuck with, I could always pop over.

#254163 Giving away a fully working QPS Cash Lab Fruit Machine!

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 16 July 2013 - 12:17 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi Stan,

Am about 30 mins from Long Eaton, I wouldn't be able to bring it down though as don't have a van, so it would need to be collected, or a courier arranged to collect it.

Sounds like you are towards Mansfield area then (Pretty much where Banditboy is), so not as local as I thought..... He's having a look now at what he can do with transport, storage, etc.

#254161 Giving away a fully working QPS Cash Lab Fruit Machine!

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 16 July 2013 - 12:07 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Magga, how close are you to Sawley / Long Eaton, and provided transport costs is covered, would you be able to bring it down?

Banditboy is having issues storing it short term, but I maybe able to help.

#254133 Old joke (it made me giggle)

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 15 July 2013 - 11:07 PM in Any Topic Chat

The plane's cabin was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant who was just as obviously enjoying himself. He came swishing down the aisle and announced to the passengers, "Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, lovely people, so if you could just put up your trays that
would be super."

On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed that a woman hadn't moved a muscle. "Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines. I asked you to raise your trazy-poo so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground."

She calmly turned her head and said, "In my country, I am called a Princess. I take orders from no one."
To which the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat, "Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country, I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you. Tray up Bitch."

#254121 URGENT - need help with Sonic machine FAST

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 15 July 2013 - 08:12 PM in Real Fruit Machines

If it goes funny again, get her to tell you the alarm code, as I have a funny feeling it maybe to do with your cash in meter, as I had a similar problem on my ACE Cash Raider (Also runs on Impact), which also did the same, and sometimes on pay out too.

If this is confirmed, then swapping the cash out meter for the refill one in the top glass, will get it running again, long as you don't use a refill key on the machine till the meter is replaced.

#253748 Jpm Big Bucks

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 07 July 2013 - 12:45 PM in General FME Discussion

Yep, got this very machine sat at mine, so will get on to scanning the reelbands when I get a mo later today :)

#253699 URGENT - need help with Sonic machine FAST

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 05 July 2013 - 10:13 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Ahhhh, so it was you with the Sonic machine that was noted at MPU Mecca then? :)

As for the new 5p / 10p coins (Circa 2011 and newer), they are made of a different metal, and as such any mech like a MARS CASHFLOW 126 etc, will need re-programming to take the coins.

#253373 First adult passport Check and send

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 28 June 2013 - 06:43 PM in Any Topic Chat

^^ problem is I'm not sure you can fast-track your first passport

Correct, has to go through the normal application process.

Also depends which office you sent the application to..... the Peterborough office is generally seen as the most reliable application centres, although generally they try to get you to use the Duraham office by default.

On average, provided there are no unexpected hiccups, should get it sorted in two weeks for a first passport, though they always say to allow up to 28 days..... however, you can always check with the office you sent your application to.

#253175 what's your least favourite alarm sound on a fruit machine?

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 25 June 2013 - 08:41 AM in General FME Discussion

Bell-Fruit Scorp4 general alarm I find a bit annoying, but not 1/2 as as annoying as me having it on my phone, and running it to piss off Arcade Staff :D

Attached Files

#253135 New Category C Gaming Machine Technical Standards

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 24 June 2013 - 10:55 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Agreed.

Cat C is a waste of time these days with the current stakes and prizes, and will be more so if/when the jackpots go up to £100.  People will always gravitate to the B3 games when playing at £1 stake.

I'd rather see much less focus on Cat C and instead have Cat D increased to 20p/£10 like the good old days when all-cash machines first came in.  This gives plenty of scope for new games and also re-releases of classic older games like Jewel in the Crown, The Great Escape and so on.

As Nails said in Coin Slot the other week I am sick of seeing 'new' games that just involve lighting 3 symbols on a lapper board to get into a feature that looks like Deal or No Deal, and then the drivel that follows it - 'Phenominal takes'...'Exceeded expectations'...'order books filled up in record-breaking time'...'DNA'...it absolutely drives me up the wall.

The trouble is, the £70 jackpot really does stifle gameplay; few people play at £1 so the normal punter is getting 1/140 or 1/280 as a stake/prize ratio when playing at 50p or 25p respectively, and a soul-destroying experience much of the time.  How is this problem going to be helped when the jackpots go up?

Cat D on 20p/£10 with an occasional run between £30-50 is the way forward - a lot of games already take more money on Cat D than their Cat C counterparts in any case.  It would be a chance to sell decent volumes once more and bring some classics back in their original guise.

Indeed, CAT D is now our main focus, and there has been talk that when the tri-anual review is done, that CAT D will become £10 / 20p, which to us means a big possibility of our generation of games re-appearing, and I do hope this happens.

For the casual punter though, when faced with a choice of CAT C or B3, they will drift towards B3 now..... CAT C is basically dead now, with it's current and proposed levels of price of play and JP's.

CAT C should have NEVER gone above £50 / 50p, especially when you look at what is permitted under CAT B3

#253123 New Category C Gaming Machine Technical Standards

Posted by stanmarsh14 on 23 June 2013 - 09:33 PM in Real Fruit Machines

From Bell-Fruit's news page.....

New technical standards came into effect on 8th November for Cat C gamingmachines.

These changes affect three main areas on machines:

-Speed of Play: Changes in speed of play have been approved, with game speed being linked to stake.

-Cashpots: A technical fix has been announced to remove an unintended restriction on the use of pots on Cat C machines.

-Game links: Cat C games may incorporate 100% holdover on non-winning games so that any features and bonuses built up can be carried forward.

The changes came about following the Gambling Commission being approached by BACTA, the trade association for the sector, which highlighted the decline in the UK gaming machine manufacturing industry along with the difficult conditions being experienced by many operators.BACTA put together a package of proposals to amend the technical standards in relation to Cat C machines with a view to increasing their attractiveness, whilst posing no substantial threat to the Gambling Commission’s licensing objectives. The proposals were designed to enable new machines to compete more effectively with legacy machines and encourage the industry to remove these from site. The Gambling Commission is hopeful that the changes which have now been implemented will result in an early substantial reduction in the number of legacy machines still in operation.

http://www.bellfruit....co.uk/news.htm