Photo
- - - - -

what's your least favourite alarm sound on a fruit machine?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hey all, me again. I was just wondering as I had just put up a post in the Epoch emulator, what is your least favourite alarm sound on a fruit machine? Mine's got to be either Empire's almost burglar alarm like sound or barcrest's classic "Hey! check it out!" Also bell fruit's strange alarm has an eary feel to it. I am not fussed about many of Maygay's M1A/B alarm sounds as they almost are the same sound about 6 times. My least favourite sound of the epoch tech is Duff Beer Guide. Does anyone else agree or have any others they dislike? I think the number 1 will be "hey! check it out!" PS on a Maygay machine, what does the attached sample mean? I have been getting this when playing trivial pursuit £5 for a long time and whenever I win on Calypso classic layout by Spa. That sound also freeks me out! Regards, Tom.

Attached Files

• Attached File  15.wav   14.56KB   25 downloads

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

"uh ho - error" 

"uh ho - error"

"uh ho - error"

...I could go on, like the error does - it used to do my tits in when I played the machines many moons ago - I think it is a Bell Fruit error warning, I can't remember now lol :p

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#3 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Line Up reset alarm - the countdown from 70 to 0.  On the emulator the speed gets notched up so it counts it down it about 2 seconds.  In real life it used to last about 40 - nightmare....

bj

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

My best alarm is bar-x sounds spooky worst has to be a partytime alarm machine light turns red. Had it once at gala some old bint was on top board alarm went off so the rest of us couldn't play until the top board span off. And waiting for someone to come and have a look in there, is like waiting for the second coming of christ, at least we got to hear the partytime music for about 15mins non stop.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Bell-Fruit Scorp4 general alarm I find a bit annoying, but not 1/2 as as annoying as me having it on my phone, and running it to piss off Arcade Staff :D

Attached Files

#6 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hey Stanmarsh, got the MP3 today. That's a great alarm sound, I'll put it on my iPhone to annoy me to get me to get up in the morning. I hate the bog-standard alarm sounds. That one will get me up in the end as it keeps going, and going, and going ... well, you get the picture m8! That's great news on the Epoch emu, isn't it? Do you know what that sound meant that I attached to this thread? It happens on a lot of Maygays and it's like a low pitched buzz when I have used the machine for an elongated time.

#7 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

This astra alarm is one of the most annoying sounds I've heard.

Attached Files

#8 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

I was going vote for "Hey - check it out" but I have to admit that Astra one is annoying!!

#9 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Not exactly an alarm, but it's the 'Attract Mode' sound of the 'Penny Pushers', They are usually situated at the front of the arcade, sound cranked up to max and sound like an out of tune Mr Softie ice cream van on steroids!!!

OOoooh they make me mad.....mad!!!!

Mad I tell you!!!

#10 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

That Astra alarm does my head in, so I haven't saved it! Question is, where the hell did you get that sound from and the bell fruit scorp 4 alarm? Are they free to download? It seems that no-one can help me on the first attachment I posted about the Maygay machines. Is it because no-one's sure or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users