aaamusements's Content

There have been 1000 items by aaamusements (Search limited from 02-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#314002 MFME v6 Downloads section

Posted by aaamusements on 02 January 2018 - 01:19 PM in MFME emulation section

There was a thread about this but after I had requested clarification, it got lost in time...

Edit: Here it is:

http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads-folder/

#313968 {ELECTROCOIN}bar x £70 Concept games test

Posted by aaamusements on 01 January 2018 - 08:51 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

Thanks for the info.   No real harm done but couldn't they have just uploaded the rom from their actual account.  

J

No because then it could look like they were trying to pass it off as their layout - it certainly would have been confusing.

But yes, probably not as confusing as what ensued when they accidentally uploaded it as the wrong user anyway...

[Headache emoticon] as I can’t access emoticons on this tablet...

#313963 {ELECTROCOIN}bar x £70 Concept games test

Posted by aaamusements on 01 January 2018 - 08:29 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

Yes it would be nice to get to the bottom of it though

So its all (slightly more) clear, only Administrators can access accounts but generally do not do so, unless there is a specific problem which a user has reported which can not be externally diagnosed.

Moderators and those with moderator rights cannot access accounts at all.

As well as the elected moderators there are (or in some cases used to be) a small number who can do limited moderation actions, this all dates from before my tenure as far as I can remember. These actions are very limited - they dont have access to the moderator forum for instance

Some with moderator rights can upload a layout and attach any username to it. Thats what happened here, it seems, however they unfortunately edited a layout and then re-uploaded it with the wrong username. Apparently they were uploading new ROMS, Im still trying to establish exactly why.

Edit: at this point, until I can properly get to the bottom of this, I have unapproved the file.

Just to reiterate and to reassure you BARXFAN, your account has not been accessed, hacked or compromised in any way.

#313898 Happy birthday?

Posted by aaamusements on 01 January 2018 - 12:11 PM in Any Topic Chat

D728D0CD-1306-412C-855B-811E5E3EAA08.jpeg

#313815 New Year thread...

Posted by aaamusements on 31 December 2017 - 04:24 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy new year. I won’t be sad to see the back of this one.

#313734 Hokey Cokey Multiplayer DX

Posted by aaamusements on 30 December 2017 - 03:16 PM in New Releases

I think he emerges from the heap now and then.

http://www.fruit-emu...user/82-zoltar/

#313725 PDC World Darts 2018

Posted by aaamusements on 30 December 2017 - 11:22 AM in Any Topic Chat

Never watched the darts but I do enjoy snooker. Much more genteel.

For some reason my Nan was a teetotal Salvation Army stalwart but loved any tv program which featured a pub game. Big Break, Bullseye...
Fairly certain that if she had still been alive then Deal or No Deal would have baffled her.

#313724 Introduce yourself

Posted by aaamusements on 30 December 2017 - 11:20 AM in Any Topic Chat

Hi long shot but can anyone help just set up account on mecca but noticed ive missed a letter with my e-mail addy can anyone on here pass it on to admin please...

or even better if an mecca admin is on here :)

You can send a PM on here to Pete W:

http://www.fruit-emu...ser/309-pete-w/

#313548 Help with dumping the hopper

Posted by aaamusements on 27 December 2017 - 12:53 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

there is another solution here.......

open the main and bottom door

turn the refill key

look at the MPU main board (flashing like a xmas tree) and to the right but lower (maybe obscured) there is a hidden hopper dump switch.

press that and you will here a POP from the speakers, now lower the door and check the alpha display, usually press start to dump coins.

hope that helps

Very true, but I think from a previous post they dont currently have a functioning refill lock. And theres no certainty that if they did get a key for that whether it will fit or not!

#313541 Help with dumping the hopper

Posted by aaamusements on 27 December 2017 - 10:35 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

There will probably be three terminals on the replacement switch. One of the connectors will need to go to the one marked COM and the other to a connector marked NO (Normally Open).

If you’re not sure then take a clear photo when you get it and we can advise.

#313497 Help with dumping the hopper

Posted by aaamusements on 26 December 2017 - 11:06 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Should have other terminals. Like this one attached. If they arent there the switch is not usable.

You should still be able to dump the hopper by shorting the two wires together.

DE3A2C23-2944-4B27-8BF0-9ED484E07EC1.jpeg

Image from https://www.fruitmac...per-Dump-Switch

#313494 Help with dumping the hopper

Posted by aaamusements on 26 December 2017 - 10:40 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Both wires need to be connected to that switch, there should be another terminal on it.

#313487 'Chipped' Machines

Posted by aaamusements on 25 December 2017 - 10:20 PM in General FME Discussion

Even Elton John is at it.
(Thanks to VIZ!)

8A0EB078-FB21-467D-828B-4FC871E2BAED.jpeg

#313460 New Downloads folder

Posted by aaamusements on 25 December 2017 - 10:34 AM in General FME Discussion

As long as we know for certain that all of the layouts in that MFME5 folder are compatible, going forward, then yes I can simply change the name.

It does again raise the question of what to do about all of the sections with layouts for pre-MFME5 now that all of those versions have been withdrawn? I don't know if any or all of them have been converted or updated to work with the new versions.

If you feel we need some tutorials for V6 then please do feel free to create and upload them.

#313454 New Downloads folder

Posted by aaamusements on 25 December 2017 - 09:09 AM in General FME Discussion

It took 2 of us a week to create the MFME5 section from scratch due to it being divided into all the different tech sub folders.

#313360 MFME v6.0

Posted by aaamusements on 23 December 2017 - 09:21 PM in General FME Discussion

Let me try and release here, I've never used the release mechanism here

Edit: Hopefully submitted now

Many thanks

#313337 MFME v6.0

Posted by aaamusements on 23 December 2017 - 07:58 PM in General FME Discussion

Look forward to it’s release on here...

#313298 Star Wars Empire Strikes Back DX

Posted by aaamusements on 22 December 2017 - 08:03 PM in New Releases

Please can you upload it to the downloads manager? Otherwise some users will be unable to access it at the moment.

#313290 Merry Christmas To Everyone

Posted by aaamusements on 22 December 2017 - 05:14 PM in Any Topic Chat

Have a good one, everyone.

#313237 Introduce yourself

Posted by aaamusements on 21 December 2017 - 12:27 PM in Any Topic Chat

For some reason I can not download mfme5, says I do not have permission, been away for a long time though...

Im looking into this at the moment. I made some amendments to user groups and they may have affected the new members group in a way which was not intended, so please bear with me.

EDIT: Should be available again now.

#313040 Zero Posters, Leechers etc

Posted by aaamusements on 18 December 2017 - 12:24 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

Well the answer to that is simple, posting complete sh*te will result in a ban, and adding a clause to the T&C's regarding when they can download.
Anyone would think you are avoiding the issue here tbh

Yes, if I’m honest I’m avoiding most issues that don’t directly relate to my cancer treatment.

#313036 Zero Posters, Leechers etc

Posted by aaamusements on 18 December 2017 - 11:35 AM in Dumped in The Abyss

I think it ought to be the rule that zero posters are not allowed to download at all. At least then they are forced to make a post before they can leech!

In fact without this, I will seriously reconsider whether MFME can be hosted here at all.

We tried that for a while, and all it did was cause a load of morons to post complete sh**e or question repeatedly when they could download.

#313010 WIP Layouts from Myself

Posted by aaamusements on 17 December 2017 - 08:10 PM in Forthcoming Releases

Ya well me thinks there should be a cull, i looked at one member the other night Joined 2003, Active posts 3, and they was online 12th dec 2017!!!! Really!!!....
Is i possible for admin etc to see ip address?? if so, ban that way then they cant rejoin from that address. maybe stop people rejoining after they have been removed??

Bump!!! anyways.

Banning out of hand is a dangerous game, sometimes long time “inactive” members suddenly become site supporters. Happened quite a bit when the new emulator was released...

#312991 Christmas Theme

Posted by aaamusements on 17 December 2017 - 12:32 PM in Any Topic Chat

Not sure how to import a pic to the site?

BDE90D29-1055-4F5F-A00B-0C884BBE4B99.png
MORE REPLY OPTIONS

555184B1-5F1D-49CA-884F-BBB63BC1542A.png
CHOOSE FILE (off your device)
ATTACH THIS FILE

#312885 Christmas Theme

Posted by aaamusements on 14 December 2017 - 10:15 PM in Any Topic Chat

Nothing special (not a designer) but looks smart and features bells which are also found on many fruitys. 

797cd1a6dd90317f7555d00fc1a64cc7.png

Soruce: https://imgur.com/a/EFhUy

I can't download it at the mo but will have it on another day, thank you.

Looks crap as you can see the join lol  The original was done for an older theme I guess.

It's fine, and Christmas stuff isn't supposed to look tasteful anyway!