New Downloads folder

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

Will we be needing a new downloads folder for mfme 6? cause of people updating layouts from mfme 5 e.g sounds/coin mach etc.

Just wondering if i should start fresh on my pc with a mfme 6?

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

yep or re-edit the mfme5 download section to mfme6?? something aaamusements and co will need to sort out sometime

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

I would prefer a new category (MFME 6) and then all layouts uploaded there with the new settings, as it will make it a lot easier for people that way as some will just get confused otherwise.

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:27 AM

Be better to re-name v5.x to v6.x, as releases done with the .gam files, are NOT compatible with v6.x, but will work in v5.x.

As a side note, you can convert the .gam based files with v5.x to work with v6.x, but it's a lot of work, especially when you have sizeable archives locally as I do.

One last thing..... quite a lot of the Union Games layouts will display a 10.1 hopper error on payout when running in v5.x, but don't have the same problem with v6.x, so if you are looking at getting the Union layouts working with the newer emulators, open with v5.x, close down the game and at the prompt, save all changes..... this will convert the Union layouts for use in the new MFME, though will need to use v6.x from that point on.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 25 December 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#5 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

It took 2 of us a week to create the MFME5 section from scratch due to it being divided into all the different tech sub folders.

#6 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:38 AM

i would just up a layout and put in the info only use in mmfe or higher

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

It took 2 of us a week to create the MFME5 section from scratch due to it being divided into all the different tech sub folders.

Can you just not change the down load section name? Say "mfme 5-6" as I've been putting in my layouts
Maybe add some text stating the layouts with these sub sections are to be played in Mfme5+
Also whilst we're on the subject to of section changes.
The forthcoming sections is there a need for the WIP section for Mfme5 now, could we just go back to a single forthcoming section as all layouts are made for the newest mfme's now?

Also it would be great to have some tutorials for V6 in a sub folder
things like
How to load multiplayer layouts
What F1_10 buttons do what, like shortcuts etc
How to add effects etc
General stuff for newbie members and us forgetful members like me lol.

Edited by vectra666, 25 December 2017 - 10:10 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

As long as we know for certain that all of the layouts in that MFME5 folder are compatible, going forward, then yes I can simply change the name.

It does again raise the question of what to do about all of the sections with layouts for pre-MFME5 now that all of those versions have been withdrawn? I don't know if any or all of them have been converted or updated to work with the new versions.

If you feel we need some tutorials for V6 then please do feel free to create and upload them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users