• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

In light of the recent spate of people joining and posting an introduction I thought it time to start this thread.

So, hello and welcome to the site, everyone here is pretty friendly and helpful and will be happy to offer advice and answer any questions you may have.

Take some time to get used to the site, the knowledgebase is a good place to start located here knowledgebase

Once you've found your feet feel free to give us a hello in this thread.

#2 jonny_the_rod

jonny_the_rod

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

1st post. just saying hi,

I don't know anything about fruit machine emulators, roms ect but i'm reading up and just thought i'd say hi and tell you abit about myself.

My parents used to have a caravan on the east cost and most weekends, plus school holidays were spent there when I was growing up. I lived in the arcades. As soon as we pulled up used to jump out of the car and race round, spend all my money and be skint for the rest of the time there. Yes me and the other members of the 'arcade gang' were those annoying kids that used to hang around watching other people playing the machine all day. We knew most of them inside and out (or thought we did).

Anyway I was searching online afew days ago for some classic arcade games and came across rat race which used to be a real favourite. Downloaded it and been amazed, its just as I remember. Then I went searching online for more and that led me here.

I dont play on fruit machine anymore some of the new ones aren't bad but for me they dont campare with the classics of when I was a nipper. My favs were most of the bwb machine step n' skip etc but i've come across and downloaded lots of great ones of the same era and abit later that i've got very found memories of playing.

Thanks guys soo much, you've made me a happy man, have been smiling for 3 days and re-living my youth. there all just like I remember and the memories have been flooding back.

thanks guys

#3 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

æ„›

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hi jonny_the_rod, Welcome to Fruit-emu and a well written first post , its refreshing to see .
I Myslef (and irene) are from the same era as yourself and many others on here , What a fantastic era to come from dont you agree .
Fruit-emu brings it all home again as you say , Youll be hooked from day one as I was .
I wish you many happy downloads and memories a flooding .

In my opinion too many people take for granted Fruit-emus service and a great site it is .

I for one echo Jonnys comments and thank Duplu,Wozza and all others involved in a monster site .

Heres to many years too come .

Cheers Toddy
Posted Image

#4 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

Hi Jonny.

Such a welcome first post as I think many will agree. New fruities are a waste of space and you will spend many happy hours discovering fruities from bygone eras by searching downloads. I know I have.

Have fun.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#5 Mavis Miller

Mavis Miller

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

hi all

#6 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

Hi Mavis. Welcome to Fruit-Emu. Enjoy your stay.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#7 always_eight

always_eight

(bar)(bar)(bar)

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:23 AM

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of fruit-emu! :)

#8 zzzgirl

zzzgirl

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of fruit-emu! :)

hi welcome hope you love the site as much as myself:angel:

#9 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

hello and enjoy.

baz

#10 Trooper

Trooper

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:22 PM

just thought i would say hi it's been a long time since i was on a fruit forum as long ago as screenplay lol an Lotta Luck oh they were the days holes in my pocket with the weight of pounds and staying sober on half a coke lol

#11 Guest_mad_raver_*

Guest_mad_raver_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

hey how u's all doing, just new here so thought i'd say hello!

#12 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:33 PM

afternoon fella, good to see another new face. We seem to be getting a real influx of people lately. all good.

enjoy the site

p.s. just wondering, is it possible to merge the 'hi' threads together at all, make one big thread or summat..just a thought

#13 Deadman619

Deadman619

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

Hey Guys..Been a member for a little while but thought I'd join in with the posting. Would be a good idea, as on other forums, to maybe have a Welcome Thread for all this kind of thing. Anyways..Great site guys..L8erz..

>>DM619<<

#14 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

many thanks to the person who merged em here...ady im guessing it was yourself mate :D

#15 zzzgirl

zzzgirl

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:52 PM

hey how u's all doing, just new here so thought i'd say hello!

hi mad :bigeyes20:

#16 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

Merged as many as I can.....

As this is a sticky it should be seen if the forums had been looked at.

#17 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

hi all!

#18 Guest_een54_*

Guest_een54_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:00 PM

just to say hi to every1 im new so just saying hi and bye :)

#19 stevej

stevej

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:19 AM

Just a quick message to say "Hi there everybody" :-)

#20 stevehanks

stevehanks

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:07 AM

hi, i am steve hanks and thought i would say hello!
i happened on this site by chance and i think it is great as it allows me to visit my mis spent youth much to my wifes disgust! and if this site was available years ago i would have saved a fortune by staying out of the slot arcades in mablethorpe! bye for now, steve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users