wearecity's Content

There have been 1000 items by wearecity (Search limited from 01-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#332882 red gaming

Posted by wearecity on 08 February 2021 - 02:20 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi anyone know what the 3 profiles on gaming machines actually do to the gaming experience , IE set at horse , glass , or slotmachine logos , or how to change the profile ?

The horse is for bookies and other places, where you probably, don't want a load of flashing lights in attract mode and noises, normally called LBO (Licensed Betting Office).

Glass is pub and Slot Machine is arcades. These normally alter bank limits, the way the machine pays out I.E all in one go, or in £3 - £5 at a time. Even sometimes, pay out, without adding to bank.

Normally, it's dip switch settings that change them.

#332869 JPM Fright Night?

Posted by wearecity on 01 February 2021 - 09:40 PM in General FME Discussion

Your post is a bit confusing, but I think, you appear to be talking about 3 machines.

You say about JPM Fright Night. The only machine I can see called Fright Night is by Empire, unless you mean Fight Night, which is a Maygay machine, based around Boxing.

Then you say about a Pinball themed JPM machine, special flipper button. I think it's the attached picture of that machine, but it's not emulated.

Then you show a flyer for Nite Club.

Nite Club, has a layout for it.

https://www.fruit-em...-nite-club-wdx/

Attached Thumbnails

• 1292033716_PinBallWizard.jpg.e47ad3c74f1fe6212ad46ea7c04c3bb2.jpg

#332795 HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2021

Posted by wearecity on 01 January 2021 - 08:41 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy New Year to everyone at fruit-emu.

#332791 Downloads not working?

Posted by wearecity on 31 December 2020 - 12:26 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

Try contacting the admin, I'm sure he'll sort it out for you.

It's possibly not an automatic process.

https://www.fruit-em...5-aaamusements/

#332767 Seasons Greetings 2020

Posted by wearecity on 25 December 2020 - 08:31 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Christmas to everyone at fruit-emu.

#332605 Introduce yourself

Posted by wearecity on 05 November 2020 - 11:05 AM in Any Topic Chat

i was starting to think this was a dead forum, still not sure about it.

https://www.fruit-em...hine-emulation/

#332589 Windows XP

Posted by wearecity on 23 October 2020 - 11:36 AM in Any Topic Chat

Read this.

https://www.fruit-em...on/#entry332456

#332547 Snappy Viper

Posted by wearecity on 26 September 2020 - 07:27 AM in General FME Discussion

Go into edit mode, by clicking on design on the top bar, then edit mode.

Click on the configuration tab along the top bar and where it says Display Port, make sure Meters is checked. It probably has displays checked at the moment.

You'll find that will fix several other machines of the same type.

#332511 RIP - Chris Wren aka Wizard

Posted by wearecity on 13 September 2020 - 06:28 PM in Any Topic Chat

Such sad day for emulation.  :(

Very difficult to find the word to express just how incredibly sad news this is.

RIP Chris.

#332501 Emulator Download

Posted by wearecity on 12 September 2020 - 01:15 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

https://www.fruit-em...hine-emulation/

All you need to do is in that thread.

But your gold membership here is not wasted, once you have followed the above, you'll still be able to download lots from here, that will work in the emulators.

Plenty of people to help over at the other site.

#332497 JPM Impulse

Posted by wearecity on 11 September 2020 - 11:33 AM in WANTED

Try www.fruitemu.co.uk as well. Lots of members who collect and restore machines.

#332457 Ads

Posted by wearecity on 22 August 2020 - 06:24 PM in Any Topic Chat

Are the ads that much of a problem? Ad revenue goes towards site hosting, it’s just a way to offset the cost. You can’t expect someone to host this amount of layouts for free, someone has to pay the bills to allow the site to exist. I don’t expect that the ads bring in a lot of revenue to be fair.

It is possible to download the hosted layouts completely free of charge. Do you think the site owner should get rid of the ads and pay out of his own pocket for your privilege?

Do you download layouts from here? Do you donate or subscribe?

It's clear who Ryan A is, as I said in the post about the latest slotsrus release. The account was just set up, so they could chime in again on the same old arguments.

I'll give you a clue, posted 39 posts in about 3 days. Now I wonder who that could be.

#332456 Guide for those new to Fruit Machine Emulation

Posted by wearecity on 22 August 2020 - 06:16 PM in General FME Discussion

Are you getting the download wait error? If you are you possibly need to make some more posts or donate to get downloads back.

I see you have posted over at Desert Island Fruits, so have replied over there as well.

For Desert Island Fruits, you need to follow steps 3 & 4 above to be able to download.

#332446 Blacklisted Layouts

Posted by wearecity on 19 August 2020 - 06:17 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

You must be a member over at Desertislandfruits to have v20 of the emulator, which is the first version to have blacklisted layouts so read this thread.

https://www.desertis...s#comment-46036

The 6th post in the thread tells you.

#332439 Guide for those new to Fruit Machine Emulation

Posted by wearecity on 18 August 2020 - 07:29 PM in General FME Discussion

I don't know, they guy running the site, runs a very tight ship, to prevent spam etc, so is the only one who approves them.

But I think pretty quickly like 24-48 hours,if not less.

#332426 Trying to find a fruit machine - Please help!

Posted by wearecity on 16 August 2020 - 03:01 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

https://www.fruit-em...nd-stripes-wdx/

Maybe?

#332422 Guide for those new to Fruit Machine Emulation

Posted by wearecity on 16 August 2020 - 05:31 AM in General FME Discussion

This site

If you are getting a download wait error, then it's because you need to make at least a couple of dozen worthwhile posts to be able to download or you need to donate.

I'm not going to tell you not to donate here, afterall I still do. But this site was a great resource for fruit machine emulation, but is now sadly outdated for newbies and is only marginally of use to us long term members.

You won't find the new emulators here, most new machine layouts are not here and those that are released here, require emulators not available from here.

That is the way it is, whether people like it or not, so no point in arguing about it.

Desertislandfruits

The best resources for everything fruit machine emulation wise is now www.desertislandfruits.com

I'll be upfront here and actually help you out, before you make any sort of mistake that could stop you becoming a member.  In fact I could be even helping you get around the system, but hopefully it means we get some great new members who might not make it otherwise.

You need to gain some reputation points off members before you can download. It's not difficult to achieve providing you follow some simple steps.

We are a small community, who have invested thousands upon thousands of hours and thousands and thousands of pounds, to get fruit machine emulation to where it is currently. So we rely on people who actually don't just want to leech and not even contribute with a thanks or like now and then for something they download. If that is the sort of person, you are, then you won't last long or even be accepted by the membership. Remember it's your loss, not ours.

Some definite things not to do....just signing up and simply staying quiet, you won't be able to do anything. If you sign up and start with chav/text speak or demanding stuff, you'll not get accepted either. If you sign up and post something like, I'm new where do I download the emulator and machines, you won't get accepted.

You don't need to jump through unreasonable loops, you simply need to follow the following steps.

1/ Sign up at www.desertislandfruits.com (use a proper not throwaway email)

2/ Wait for approval (it can take sometimes as it's not automatic)

3/ Once approved, make sure in the newbie section, you make a decent intro post (a little bit about yourself and your fruit machine likes and perhaps how you came about the site, is the sort of post that's likely to get you some welcome reps). Also read some of the posts for newbies and make some comments, in other threads

4/ Once you've got the rep points required, then you can download.

With that done, then it's up to you what you do from the following.

5a/ You could simply stay and leech, with a limited download limit. I doubt when a call for help is needed, you'll get much response from members.

5b/ You could stay, leech, with a limited download limit, but at least say thanks and like peoples hard work and interact with us, by making comments about releases and machines etc.... That alone is appreciated and will see you getting help when needed.

5c/ You could donate with resources, such as roms for fruit machines or maybe pictures of machines if requested by members, who are trying to make a layout for the emulator. That's a way where you can get plenty of help when needed and possibly even unlimited downloads.

5d/ You could donate to the forums. It doesn't have to be huge amounts a tenner every year for instance. You'll get unlimited downloads and when people see you are a donator, you likely to get all the help you need.

A note about donations. The site isn't simply about getting donations, otherwise we would just say donate and here have everything you want. You can't donate until you get the rep points to be accepted, which hopefully shows, it's as much about being a worthwhile contributor overall.

#332421 Oud lid Shaggiesweb zoekt eigen ontwerpen.

Posted by wearecity on 16 August 2020 - 03:27 AM in MFME emulation section

You need to have sufficient reputation with people liking and welcoming your posts at Desertislandfruits before you can download.

Once you have that reputation you can download the emulator and people will point you in the right direction with the layouts.

I for instance liked your post you made over there, after running it through Google Translate. Shaggiesweb can sound rude to anyone who doesn't know about the old website, as Shag is a crude way of saying sex in English.

I appreciate you're not English, but a Google Translated posts in English would have been better than not posting in English.

We do have a few members who are not English, who have easily gained the reputation by posting a nice introduction post and also now contribute and produce non English machines.

#332420 emulators not downloading after waiting 100 seconds

Posted by wearecity on 16 August 2020 - 03:02 AM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

You need to make a few dozen posts and more here, before you can get limited download.

The newest emulators are only available at www.desertislandfruits.com. You'll also find numerous machines not available here.

Sign up, make a decent introductory post with a bit about yourself and your fruit machine likes and dislikes.

That way, you'll get some reputation and be able to start to download. Limited downloads are available each month, unless you make a small donation every year or so.

Forget v9.4,9.9,10.1, they are extremely old. You'll need v5.1 and v6.1 if you are on WIndows XP, 7 or 8. Or v20 if you are on Windows 10.

#332385 {Epoch}Full Moon Fever £25 DX 4K+

Posted by wearecity on 08 August 2020 - 03:22 PM in Epoch

For a newbie you’ve got serious anger issues see to many like yourself come and go
At least this topics breathing some life into this once thriving site maybe one last gasp of air before it’s suffocated one last time

I think it's obvious who it is. Someone who has already been banned from here due to considered threatening behaviour. 

I'm sure they think they were doing the right thing, but we are talking FME layouts, not someone who's done something so heinous it deserves them to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Appropriate action has already been dished out and there was no need for any of the crap, that has taken place in this thread at all.

This thread could really have just gone into the mists of time.

#332332 Hello

Posted by wearecity on 04 August 2020 - 05:08 PM in Any Topic Chat

Anyone who has any real interest in FME, is over at DIF. It's never been so busy and a FME forum, hasn't been so busy for years and years.

The site owner approves accounts, just make sure you've used a proper email and not a throw away one, people use to try to avoid spam.

After you are approved, make sure you write an introductory hi type post, maybe with a little bit about your fruit machine likes/dislikes and how you came about FME etc.

You need to get some rep points, which will then enable you to download. A decent introductory post and maybe some comments on others threads and machine releases, will see you get them easily.

Then it's up to you, either restricted download amounts or donate a small amount for unlimited amounts. People get support, but generally it's best to start off on the right foot by reading up on things, before posting questions and just generally being pleasant to people.

The scene is small, so we need people to interact, rather than just download.

#332328 Hello

Posted by wearecity on 04 August 2020 - 04:36 PM in Any Topic Chat

The site, started to go downhill, when the emulator author, didn't want the latest emulator hosted here.The admin took offence to this and pretty much has just said, sod it, I'm off.

Whether you agree or disagree with the decision and the reaction, that's what happened and happened a few years back now. So no point in going over it all again, it is what it is.

Anyway, after that, the site has pretty much been left to run itself, with minimal interaction from the admin and some updates to keep it up and running from thoses who are capable of doing such things.

It was still being fairly well used and a lot of layouts were uploaded both here and at Desertislandfruits (DIF). Both sites where still well worth being a member of.

Then the owner of DIF discovered that the main person selling on Ebay, fruit machine emulation DVD's was a long term, respected member of the fruit machine emulation scene for years. Several machine on the disk had been altered by the seller and various things, such as the write up about the disk, made it look like it was all their work.

That member was kicked from DIF and calls to ban them from here were also made.

The admin has yet to do that, so most of the regulars, stopped posting here. Several authors of layouts, stopped posting their layouts here and attempts are being made to stop the Ebay seller, from getting the latest emulator and also the layouts made for it.

Everything available here is available at DIF, except for a few layouts produced by the Ebay seller, which won't work on the latest emulator anyway. Geddy and others have archived FME layouts and more, since the beginning, so it's not true that everything has been stolen from here etc.... Some of the stuff, even predates this website.

Yes it's true that a lot of the older layouts may need work to get them fully working. But that is also the case here with them as well, but there are plenty of members over at DIF who help, if members run into trouble.

#332246 Help with registering on dif

Posted by wearecity on 30 July 2020 - 07:24 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

And there's a lot of stuff not available anywhere but at Desertislandfruits.

Also don't forget Dad's www.dadsfme.co.uk, some exclusive stuff there also and The Mecca www.fruitemu.co.uk, which is where talk of the possibility of the new MFME first started.

#332244 Help with registering on dif

Posted by wearecity on 30 July 2020 - 07:12 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

Hi again Vividfruit

I remember the name from before. Once you've signed up, Reg will approve you when he sees it. Just make sure it's a legit email.

Once on the forums make an introduction post, like this and you're bound to get some rep points. I. E likes and welcomes on your post.

Then you can start to download and you do have a lot to catch up on.

A donation once you get the rep points will get you unlimited downloads or you'll have a daily, weekly, monthly limit.

#332102 Birthday in the house

Posted by wearecity on 29 June 2020 - 09:36 AM in Any Topic Chat

Thanks guys, had a great weekend. Still managed a few beers.