nails's Content

There have been 1000 items by nails (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#282706 Will these machines ever be emulated?

Posted by nails on 15 July 2015 - 07:13 PM in General FME Discussion

mame going open source.

does that mean they don't care what wizard does anymore?

#282709 Will these machines ever be emulated?

Posted by nails on 15 July 2015 - 07:44 PM in General FME Discussion

open-source

denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified.

#306994 Will fruit machines ever go back to the golden days?

Posted by nails on 02 August 2017 - 04:58 PM in MFME emulation section

I've not been in a bookies in a long while but I know that all the classic fruities of the past seem to be rapidly disappearing.

Fruit machines nowadays seems to be either DOND ones or those one's with screens and ridiculously high jackpots.

To me, those type of machines favour your hardened gambler as oppose to just your spur-of-the-moment punter.

It would be great if bandits went back to their roots a bit and we could get new machines that used todays technology but had the class and fun of yesteryear.

We've had a resurgence in old vinyl records, and old styles of mobile phones (the 'new' Nokia 3310 is just out)... I just wonder if we'll ever have updated versions of Andy Capp, Italian Job etc.

*Edit* - realised this should really just be in the normal fruity section of the forum as it's not MFME related. Could a mod please move it and delete this. Thanks (and sorry for the inconvenience) :)

no, the stake prize ratio of a 10p play £3 jackpot (or 30/1) is far lower than £1 £100 (100/1)

cat c lite or cat d is the nearest at 50/1 but their all lo-tech or DOND machines.

A good place to go if you like a sandy beach and an arcade full of pre 2000 and post 2000 barcrest etc etc is dymchurch 3 arcades although the fun fair arcade only has about 20 machines or so they changed the rest to ticket machines with crap prizes like most big arcades nowadays be warned though some have more bulbs out than are working.

Can't speak for the over 18 area though I was banned from that area when the 500 s16 games were introduced and I dropped £500 the first day the machine went in so they banned me from that area.

IMO that was the worst thing they ever did as I always started with a few quid on the £5 jackpots and worked my way up to the bigger jackpots now once I get to £50-£60 quid I leave and stick 2 fingers up knowing I would have lost it years ago on the bigger jackpots.

Good luck if you go there

Mark Woolls and his dire range of machines?    what planet are you on?????

Of course, this creates the perfect storm of 78% payout and £100+ jackpots - you're never going to win it!

so a 72% club machine like cops and robbers will NEVER drop a jackpot??

i think your wrong. otherwise they would never get played.

#317556 Will fruit machines ever go back to the golden days?

Posted by nails on 27 April 2018 - 02:10 PM in MFME emulation section

well, the bookies are set to go back on 2 quid spins.

Not quite 10p play 4 pound jackpot, but a damn sight nearer than 100 quid spins.

* if BACTA members really think that roulette players will migrate back to AGC sites, their very much mistaken. On-line still has real wheels and huge stakes.

#235045 Will Fruit Machine Fade In The Sun Light?

Posted by nails on 08 June 2012 - 09:27 PM in Real Fruit Machines

the biggest problem with machines in the sun is that you cannot see what the hell is lit.

#289580 Why was re-size option removed for later mfme?

Posted by nails on 08 July 2016 - 12:54 PM in General FME Discussion

to add a twist, MAME becomes open source and he still doesnt release it.

im sure he has his reasons, and i respect them. Cant help feel all his hard work will go to the grave with him. hope he changed his mind to help regenerate interest once more.

send him a message on the mecca. cant remember his new handle though.

better still, leave it here. he logs on every day.

#289572 Why was re-size option removed for later mfme?

Posted by nails on 08 July 2016 - 12:23 PM in General FME Discussion

one of the last open communications from wizard was that once amber was released and given some time, he would release another emulator.

lots happened since then, but nobody could say for sure he would stick to it. (enter carrot jokes here)

#235792 Why Are Admins Are Dickhead On Jackpotty

Posted by nails on 23 June 2012 - 09:43 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

cant you report the admin?

#263949 whos left in fme

Posted by nails on 20 February 2014 - 08:02 PM in General FME Discussion

im here, and so's my wife

(life of brian...)

#264210 whos left in fme

Posted by nails on 26 February 2014 - 04:59 PM in General FME Discussion

1920x1080 please xx

#263732 whos left in fme

Posted by nails on 16 February 2014 - 05:48 PM in General FME Discussion

im not bored by the FME thing, i still boot up the likes of andy cap, razzle dazzle and lineup for a bit of nostalgia, and amber has also given me a new lease of life.

What i really want are some fresher layouts, yes i would love to play the original 4 reeler deal or no deal, yes i would love to play partytime, flashback, simpsons and so on.

I dont think the scene is dead, key people are still here. Its more like its on a massive hold until new techs are available to DX. i cant wait personally, especially from the killcrazy/guitar coalition camp  :)

#263742 whos left in fme

Posted by nails on 16 February 2014 - 08:39 PM in General FME Discussion

i hate fruit-emu without the shout box, it was in a prominent position right at the top, and like the title suggests you can shout your mouth off.

not sure if the comment about amber is right, amber was a learning curve for guitar, let us hope he will now code with killcrazy as 2 heads are better than one.

as for wizard, ive never bad mouthed him nor will i. Why has he not released mfme x.x ? i dont know, but im sure he has his reasons.  One day......

#279945 who is...

Posted by nails on 18 March 2015 - 08:35 AM in Any Topic Chat

Sorry to ask, who is Trouty or Trout man on here?

I know ive spoken to him or had dealings with him in the past, but cant quite piece it together. hes from Durham I think.

#280006 who is...

Posted by nails on 20 March 2015 - 06:47 AM in Any Topic Chat

anyway......

please to meet you trouty!

#279949 who is...

Posted by nails on 18 March 2015 - 10:13 AM in Any Topic Chat

really!  i feel so stupid

#237744 Which Olympian Do You Match In Body Size?

Posted by nails on 31 July 2012 - 11:24 AM in Any Topic Chat

fatima whitbred apparently ;)

#273588 Wheres the moderator?

Posted by nails on 24 August 2014 - 07:18 PM in Questions about the Fruit-Emu site

READ MY MIND RICOCHET

#257214 Where and how to download Bpak image files

Posted by nails on 06 September 2013 - 11:32 AM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

yes you are correct, but when you have already explained to that user via multiple threads/replies and personal mails it does tend to get tedious.

he had every idea of what to look for and how to find them, i even offered to send him a CD packed full of the info he required, but it wasnt good enough for him.

i hope that satisfies your question.

#252225 Where and how to download Bpak image files

Posted by nails on 03 June 2013 - 07:12 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

told him I had a CD aswell

#271783 When you have gotta go!

Posted by nails on 06 July 2014 - 02:16 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

I didn't read all the posts, just Ady's one before me so I wasn't having a go at chasndave.

you gave your opinon, I gave mine, stan certainly gave his :jimlad:

#271702 When you have gotta go!

Posted by nails on 03 July 2014 - 06:33 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

top man

it was probably an astra machine

#271599 When you have gotta go!

Posted by nails on 30 June 2014 - 10:49 PM in Dumped in The Abyss

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLl

#271771 When you have gotta go!

Posted by nails on 06 July 2014 - 08:31 AM in Dumped in The Abyss

personally I thought it was hilarious!

we all have points of view, I think mine is that the person who reported it should be check they are over 18 and informed they are then classed as an `adult`. If they fail the 18 they should be reminded that this site is dedicated to fruit machines and its preservation - which is under the wing of gambling/gaming.

Gambling is obviously an `adult` theme and not suitable of minors who would wish to complain. I reserve the right to not log on here anymore if I do so wish, they reserve the right to throw their toys out the pram if they so wish - which they have. could they kindly pick up said toys and re-insert dummy and continue to www.disney.co.uk

;)

#304698 When will the new mfme be released?

Posted by nails on 08 June 2017 - 10:25 PM in General FME Discussion

Just a quick question if anyone knows when the new mfme will be released I can't wait to play bullion bars 3 player and other machines can't believe how much it's changed on what you can play now all thanks to wizard.

Thanks

We've just got one!

(and a mighty fine one it is too)

#253976 Whats your screen resolution

Posted by nails on 13 July 2013 - 09:35 AM in Any Topic Chat

As the topic suggests, some layout creators cater for laptop/small screen users, others for high end. but how many of us utilize them ?