Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Wheres the moderator?? my post/s havnt been approved for 3days now come on

#2 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Can you direct me to your other posts that needed approving. Sorry for the delay.

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

http://www.fruit-emu...-manuals/page-2

#4 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Maybe we need some more appointed. 9 clearly aren't enough to keep the site moderated efficiently.

bj

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Maybe we need some more appointed. 9 clearly aren't enough to keep the site moderated efficiently.

bj

A simple question, and forgive me if I don't reply ASAP.

BJ you make me cringe at times with some replies.

You don't give a darn for FME do you, come-on be honest you don't do you!!

All you are here for within the forums is to give little digs here-and-there amonst others...

Why?, its bloody odd.

Could be some are pretty fed-up of all this pathetic stuff.

I thankfully have a life away from here, it was a great hobby since a while back....for me it's just watching some total idiots ruining the whole friendship side of it.

I am chuffed to say i'm open, I don't go telling bullshit and playing games I did when I was a 10 year-old.

Weird hu, When I said (and you know) a Mod made your buddy up and I did my job that wasn't the correct thing to do.......now you judge that proper action......odd stuff.

#6 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

A simple question, and forgive me if I don't reply ASAP.

BJ you make me cringe at times with some replies.

You don't give a darn for FME do you, come-on be honest you don't do you!!

All you are here for within the forums is to give little digs here-and-there amonst others...

Why?, its bloody odd.

Could be some are pretty fed-up of all this pathetic stuff.

I thankfully have a life away from here, it was a great hobby since a while back....for me it's just watching some total idiots ruining the whole friendship side of it.

I am chuffed to say i'm open, I don't go telling bullshit and playing games I did when I was a 10 year-old.

Weird hu, When I said (and you know) a Mod made your buddy up and I did my job that wasn't the correct thing to do.......now you judge that proper action......odd stuff.

I have been thinking about how to respond to this post all day, on and off. I am still not entirely sure how to respond, but as it is on a thread that is ostensibly around an unacceptable delay in something happening I won't delay any further. So I'll commit my thoughts as I go and hopefully it'll make sense in the end.

Firstly, my original post. This was my attempt to point out in an ironic and humerous way the ludicrous situation on this forum of having 9 staff capable of performing the moderation of the OPs post, but not one did for 3 days. Now I don't know if it was actually 3 days, but I have no reason to doubt it. I have mentioned this top heavy existence of moderators before and it wasn't a dig at anyone in particular, but if a forum has a posting moderation policy then the timely moderation of posts is a must, especially for new members who are the life blood of any forum. To piss them right off early on in their membership by effectively ignoring their posts is tantamount to saying we don't want your membership here. Appointment to the role of moderator is not entry to a boys club, it is the acceptance of a responsibility to help ensure a the forum runs efficiently, a responsibility the collective of 9 failed on this occasion.

Secondly, if you have to ask whether I give a darn about FME then you are a very poor judge of character. As to little digs at others can I suggest you re-read every post of yours over the past 18 months or so, concentrating in those directly aimed at Vectra.

Finally, can I re-emphasise that I honestly couldn't give a rats arse about whether a creators badge was given to Vectra, removed and then re-awarded.

The rest of your post is confused and poorly worded, such that i cannot understand it,so cannot respond to. I can usually get the gist of what is being said in posts, even those with only a passing acquaintance to the English language, but your post has eluded me.

bj

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Have to admit, I have missed a number of un-approved posts by accident the past two weeks, owing to illness (Just getting over flu, and now started with stomach issues, and currently under checks for Diabetes, plus just been stuck on beta blockers).

I know James (Robinhood), has been in / out hospital the past 3 months at least (I'll let him explain why, as I cringe at the thought!), Jon (Crazybar) has just moved to Japan, so tends to cover stuff at night when he can at the moment (Does not help when his airline smashes his laptop for him), Alex (aaamusements) bogged down with issues at work, and similar issue for Ady too.

The other staff like pete_w, Duplu (More the server end these guys deal with), todd, and zoltar, are part-time only, and help out where they can

Normally it's myself, Ady, or James that takes care of un-approved posts, so for that I can only apologise.

However, as unfortunate as the situation is at the moment (This is NOT aimed at the OP BTW), what this does NOT give excuse to do, is to BAIT and TROLL staff and members, either in this thread or elsewhere on the forums, and that continued baiting / trolling from persons, may result facing SANCTIONS being placed on their accounts, from temp suspension of posting privileges, to an out right ban, SO TAKE HEED!

#8 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

Have to admit, I have missed a number of un-approved posts by accident the past two weeks, owing to illness (Just getting over flu, and now started with stomach issues, and currently under checks for Diabetes, plus just been stuck on beta blockers).

I know James (Robinhood), has been in / out hospital the past 3 months at least (I'll let him explain why, as I cringe at the thought!), Jon (Crazybar) has just moved to Japan, so tends to cover stuff at night when he can at the moment (Does not help when his airline smashes his laptop for him), Alex (aaamusements) bogged down with issues at work, and similar issue for Ady too.

The other staff like pete_w, Duplu (More the server end these guys deal with), todd, and zoltar, are part-time only, and help out where they can

Normally it's myself, Ady, or James that takes care of un-approved posts, so for that I can only apologise.

However, as unfortunate as the situation is at the moment (This is NOT aimed at the OP BTW), what this does NOT give excuse to do, is to BAIT and TROLL staff and members, either in this thread or elsewhere on the forums, and that continued baiting / trolling from persons, may result facing SANCTIONS being placed on their accounts, from temp suspension of posting privileges, to an out right ban, SO TAKE HEED!

Oh dear you have not been well, WTF has that got to do with anything??? What a pathetic load of shit you do spout out from that mouth of yours. Christ I am just sick of your attitude to folks on here. You are a Bully who trades on fear, intimidation and harrasement.  Then have the cheek to say folks are trolling etc. This seems to be a trademark of yours from what I hear from people who have experienced your heavy handed tactics in bullying on other sites. No wonder folks are leaving this site. I really do not give a stuff about you or this site anymore and I hope others will take heed in this and follow and it will be one less piece of c**p to worry about.

#9 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

bj

It wasn't that there wasn't enough staff I personally didn't see it. Before when I was a mod there was a notification on posts that needed approval but now unless you go to new posts they wont show up. I never use to use the new posts page I just used the main forum. Now tho I look in the new posts section rather than the main forum first.

Not sure if that makes sense barcrest junky, I been on the oramorph. Got out of hospital after my kidney op on Friday. Still had another stent put in but this bad boy I can pull out myself have I the balls to do so. Not sure if i have them to pull a tube out of my kidney down through the bladder and out the.......

Sounds painful so might wait 2 weeks and do it in hospital instead. It killed when the catheter came out which only goes to the bladder, this bad boy goes into my kidney. Ouch :-O

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#10 ricocchet

ricocchet

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Ooooooohhhhhhh

More drama!!

This is better than Eastenders!! :)

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

READ MY MIND RICOCHET

#12 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Unapproved posts should be made very obvious to admin and mods but for reasons that are unclear, this isn't happening. I often have to dig around for them at the moment.

I'm keen to make it clear that on a forum where there are no paid staff, we can't guarantee that posts are approved within a set time.

Finally it's fairly clear that the post approval system works by the fact that we don't ever have 3,000 posts offering Viaggro or Pron Cellebrity N00d photoz.
I'm willing to remove the approval process on the basis that our spam defences are fairly good even without it, but it seems like a backwards step to take. Approval is only required on the first few posts that a new member makes anyway, so it's not massively restrictive as things stand.
  • ady likes this

#13 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Totally agree with the last sentence, spot on IMO.

Now how about answering some PM's   ;)

Edited by fruitman69, 04 September 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#14 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yeah I know... Life has been a bit chaotic :)
Will try to get on top of a few things over the weekend.

#15 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

lol ban hammer all round?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users