Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Player 1, it's you, lets emulate Party Time...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Ok, so this is going to be a long term project, but I need to get started at some point.

The first issue with emulating party time is that it comes in about 25 different versions, across various techs, and this was around the time I stopped playing machines regularly, so I don't know much about which versions are out there.

Can anyone positively identify the tech used for the original Party Time?

This will be a long term project, I expect the basic tech to take around a year to complete, and the security on these could be damn hard to crack, but the sooner I get started the sooner I might see results.

So, first off, can anyone help identify the different versions and techs they run on?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

OK I might as well start by stating the obvious but since a 'fully working with tools' Amber 2 was only a couple of weeks away (ages ago) and what we got was quite far from that would it not be prudent to get the fully working Amber 2 out there first before starting anything else?  I mean I doubt most folks would take this project seriously what with the Amber 2 'fiasco.'  

#3 sturthrt

sturthrt

• Regulars
  • 82 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:49 PM

i was also just about to ask about amber 2 and the techs u mentioned which would be daily easy to implement into it. Party time i do not care much for the game play is basic and boring but thats just me personally would much rather see some of the older techs added to amber 2. 

#4 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

i guess the best way forward is to get hold of a few chips? i do seem to remember fixing a party time with its astra I/O boards etc.

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

Give the guy a break, Ok so we didn't get the all bells and tassles emulator we hoped and some if not most can't even play it, me included but I'd still like progress on a new emulator with newer machines on some one day I will invest in a newer lappy and be able to play this again.
Thanks to guitar for single handedly producing this also with the mfme to Mame project going on once again there's life in our little hobbies once again, long may it live.
Anyways back to topic
Afaik there's only around five or six rom sets for party time astra starting with V105
http://m.coolrom.com...h/?q=Party time
If party times not successful are there any other three players that could be emu'ed like say crazy gang as that maybe scorp4 tech??
Crazy gang s indeed scorpion4 so maybe try this on first?
http://www.emuparadi...Gang_(Bellfruit)_(Scorpion_4)_(set_1)/144807

Edited by vectra666, 08 September 2016 - 04:58 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

I'm sure the original party time and some of the early machines, Stampede, River boat Gambler rum on the Astra IO3 boards. Not too up on the Astra stuff.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#7 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:26 PM

OK I might as well start by stating the obvious but since a 'fully working with tools' Amber 2 was only a couple of weeks away (ages ago) and what we got was quite far from that would it not be prudent to get the fully working Amber 2 out there first before starting anything else?  I mean I doubt most folks would take this project seriously what with the Amber 2 'fiasco.'  

I agree Ian, why start something else when the emulator has so many problems and hardly anyone can use it as it is?

Give the guy a break, Ok so we didn't get the all bells and tassles emulator we hoped and some if not most can't even play it, me included but I'd still like progress on a new emulator with newer machines on some one day I will invest in a newer lappy and be able to play this again.
Thanks to guitar for single handedly producing this also with the mfme to Mame project going on once again there's life in our little hobbies once again, long may it live.
Anyways back to topic
Afaik there's only around five or six rom sets for party time astra starting with V105
http://m.coolrom.com...h/?q=Party time
If party times not successful are there any other three players that could be emu'ed like say crazy gang as that maybe scorp4 tech??
Crazy gang s indeed scorpion4 so maybe try this on first?
http://www.emuparadi...Gang_(Bellfruit)_(Scorpion_4)_(set_1)/144807

I'm not having a go and I'm not disrespecting anything that Guitar has done, but what exactly DID we get, apart from something that won't work on most members pc's (unless they upgrade graphics card etc)?

Surely it's better to get the emulator itself as problem free as possible and running on most peoples pc's, before trying to get something else as massive as this seems to be, to run on an emulator that most can't yet use?

Time spent on this can only mean less time working on the emulator itself, which means it will be even further off being finished.  But then what's another few years wait ;)

Sorry but it makes no sense to me at all.  :bigeyes19:

#8 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:21 PM

But then what's another few years wait ;)

Yep - well we have been waiting for an official release of Amber since 2006... So I'm sure FME can wait another decade ;) 

I've kept silent since Guitar 'advised' because of my condition to do so for the sake of FME over on a thread at DAD's HERE - But not any longer, after all what has FME got to lose - you still haven't got anything official or actually working on all PCs yet have you?

He is a very talented guy, I won't ever deny that, and to be honest he looked to be the saviour of FME when Wizard through a wobbly and ceased all MFME releases to the masses... But that was 10 years ago and still we only have a beta Amber 1 and beta Amber 2 that’ll only work on a certain few computers.

Now Guitar has gone off on a tangent and wants to consider making ASTRA tech playable - he hasn't even got the techs he has released in Amber 2 beta sorted fully yet...

I have sat and read, and even attempted to get Amber 2 playable (I have a decent PC to play it on) but that still hasn't brought any joy despite following advice and tips in threads - and neither too has many other FME members.

Yes, you've got a new tech with Epoch in Amber 2, but it is very limited, and only came with the input of DialTone to get things going in that department (who was probably all the other aliases we’ve had with Epoch fiascos throughout the past few years on Fruit-Emu and FME in general).

I wish you luck Guitar in your new 'venture', I really do - but please, really, don't expect all of us to be minions... I'm afraid most of us have heard it all before and it becomes weary with time

#9 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

Simple question.  Will you be completing Amber 2?

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

LOL, well that answers that then. f*** FME, 99% ungrateful f***s who find any excuse not to help with anything. I've had enough, it's not worth the effort, there's nothing here for me anymore, I cant even get a discussion going about a new tech emulation without being told how and when to write the emulator. You don't need me, obviously you are all so well prepared to do the job as you seem to know it all.

Good luck getting  it running in MAME, HA HA HA.

I'm gonna get into building my new steam loco. At least at the end of it I end up with something of value.

Bye.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#11 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

Don't be so quick to judge everyone. I'm very interested in Astra tech.

Would you consider getting into the mame side of things, they could really use your help as you single handley wrote your own fruit machine emulator, you are a very valuable fme coder on the scene, we don't have many but please don't go fella.

All the best 😊

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#12 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

We are not ungrateful at all... we are just sick to death of being fecked about by empty promises time after time after time.  Hence most of the scene has buggered off.  Sorry to say I was right about Amber 2.  It's in effect useless because most can't run it and nothing is being done layout wise.  One public layout release since it's release, that is mighty shabby really for something that was supposed to be a 'MFME beater.' It's a complete white elephant.  You can hardly expect lots of 'wow great idea emulating Astra' etc when you promised so so much with Amber 2 and delivered, well what we have....

#13 sturthrt

sturthrt

• Regulars
  • 82 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

well this soon escalated. I personally wasn't intending to offend just asking about amber 2. surely would make sense to continue with that considering what you have put into it so far. and u must agree party times don't offer much game play. 

#14 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

LOL, well that answers that then. f*** FME, 99% ungrateful f***s who find any excuse not to help with anything. I've had enough, it's not worth the effort, there's nothing here for me anymore, I cant even get a discussion going about a new tech emulation without being told how and when to write the emulator. You don't need me, obviously you are all so well prepared to do the job as you seem to know it all.

I'm gonna get into building my new steam loco. At least at the end of it I end up with something of value.

Bye.

Well that's disappointing but not unexpected. 

#15 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:19 PM

Bye.

I don't think that ANYONE is being ungrateful, just very disappointed.

Nobody can tell you what to do, it's up to you at the end of the day, and if you feel that you've done with it, then so be it.. But just bear in mind if you hadn't made all these promises and then made people feel like they'd been let down with what you actually delivered, you wouldn't be feeling like you do now and wouldn't have said you are leaving.

You made your post knowing full well what the reaction would be from a lot of people, so it can hardly have come as a surprise to you

If Amber 2 is no more then it's you who has wasted countless hours working on it so ultimately it's you who loses out, as it is, I like many other lose nothing, as we couldn't use it anyway.

If you ARE leaving then I wish you well, but I think once you calm down you might change your mind.  If you don't then I only have the word you used........... Bye.

#16 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

Really,Guitar you have been around the scene long enough to know how this would play out.The way of the world is to criticise no one can be happy about anything anymore. Go onto any forum for a newly released commercial game and see all the moaners that can't get the game to run mainly because they are too stupid or are using outdated equipment.It comes with the territory.That said i think the criticism you have received is completely unfair from beginning to end.The sense of entitlement is staggering.First you were encouraged to release the emu early then criticized because it wasn't all singing all dancing.Its not surprising in the least that you lost motivation,frankly who wouldn't.Its your choice and we must all respect it.Now all you happy campers lets find a way to piss off the people working on mame and you will have your wish of completely destroying the scene.

Thanks for the emu I for one have enjoyed playing the 3 layouts that are out there.

Good Luck .

#17 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Great coders are few and far between.

Sad day.  :swoon:

#18 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Personally I hope Guitar stays and continues to work on Amber 2, we have had to wait this long for a new tech after all.

It's up to Guitar as and when he adds the techs to it, even in amber 1 we had games that were non runners in MFME.

#19 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:57 PM

Oh dear, this thread has taken a turn for the worse :(

I think the trouble with working on something on your own for so long is that eventually you get bored with it, and once you start thinking of the next project you just want to get the old one out of the way as soon as possible so you can start on something fresh.  And with no-one there to tidy up the loose ends you can end up with projects that are 95% done but which drift along in those closing stages, which isn't really a problem unless you've got hordes of eager recipients waiting for something that they've been 'promised' or which they've invested their own time in somehow.

I feel that this may be happening with Amber, and I wonder whether there may be some people out there who could help get the project over the finishing-line.

As for Party Time, it's still out there and will be for a long time yet.  I would personally like to see techs added to Amber2 for games that are long-gone, because after all, that's really what emulation is all about.

I hope Guitar comes back to finish his good work.  We all have bad days...

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:14 PM

Same old, same old. End of the day it's guitars emulator the same as mfme was wizards baby and look what happened with that. I bet he's still pissing himself laugh at all of us squabbling like kids over football stickers lol.
He asked a simple question but as usual gets shot down! As fuzion has already said could you not give mame a bash?
But on the other side of the coin I can see people's points of view.
Unlike Amber1 which was fairly pc compatible this emu required a major update of graphic cards which by going by the vids I saw I didn't really see much improvement over Amber1, glad to see epoch finally make an appearance but unfortunately due to the upgrade or lack of layout creators and designer tools there appears to be no layouts.
On the other hand Mame is showing real signs of progress I mean although I hate dond I have downloaded the layout on here and am surprised to see a New £70jp which is running some what. And even cctalk will be cracked soon along with astra, so again I say work with mame and produce 1 big brand new emulated Mameber3
Goodluck guitar and thanks for the good online play with amber1
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users