• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

When designing and testing your layouts for MFME 9.4 (You know, the emulator that doesn't exist and hasn't existed for the past 5 years even though you can you find layouts emblazoned with "Created by Such & Such 2001") try matching the Percentage & SetPercent settings like so:

SetPercent 70 ... Percentage 0
SetPercent 72 ... Percentage 1
SetPercent 74 ... Percentage 2
SetPercent 76 ... Percentage 3
SetPercent 78 ... Percentage 4
SetPercent 80 ... Percentage 5
SetPercent 82 ... Percentage 6
SetPercent 84 ... Percentage 7
SetPercent 86 ... Percentage 8
SetPercent 88 ... Percentage 9
SetPercent 90 ... Percentage 10
SetPercent 92 ... Percentage 11
SetPercent 94 ... Percentage 12
SetPercent 96 ... Percentage 13
SetPercent 98 ... Percentage 14

The mathematical formulae for the above is as follows:

SetPercent = 70 + (2 x Percentage)
...................... Or ......................
Percentage = 1/2 x (SetPercent - 70) <------- Maths "O" Level Required

When you do this you should RESET the machine and CLEAR THE RAM and then edit the .gam file and make sure that the following parameters are zeroed:

TotalIn 0
TotalOut 0
SEC2 "CASH IN " 0
SEC3 "CASHOUT" 0

Then, when you play the machine you'll notice two things:

(i) Your desired payout percentage appears in BOTH the "Stake/Prize" & "Statistics" boxes. This is an indication that the emulator has got the correct percentage.

(ii) After you've stuck "a coupla grand" through the machine and toggle the F12 setting you'll notice that the Drift is actually spot on, enabling you to witness the machine's behaviour, vis a vis how much Drift it builds up before kicking out a nice big streak and (shock horror) that the machine is even prepared to go into negative Drift occassionally, although not by much.

It is my opinion that this will greatly enhance your overall fruit machining experience.

#2 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:25 PM

Yes Fruity_Goodness it seems your observations are correct and isn't it a funny thing that all those Fruit Machine guides are all a lot of nonsense as the machine will only pay out when it's good and ready.

It seems that that ginger bloke in the pub was right when he used to say "No no ... Don't collect your winnings yet ... You wanna stick another pound in". Of course, as soon as you collect your winnings the Drift drops.

#3 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:29 PM

Unless you have no life that would be a useless observation tho who stays in an arcade 24/7 if you do you need one of two things

1) a job

2) killing

Sure this will help you more ;)

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

3) Stabbed in the mush
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

Aren't there any nice people round here?

#6 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:39 PM

And shouldn't you two mugs be working on a nice DX of The Codfather or something? So get on with it.

#7 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

LOL...yeah sorry mate...Ill get right onto it..Expect a release tommorow or summat :)

#8 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

And shouldn't you two mugs be working on a nice DX of The Codfather or something? So get on with it.

lol wtf?!

Why don't you get on with it then?

#9 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

Yeah...and do us an Epoch emulator while yer at it..Cheers :)

#10 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

That was the first MPU5 release ever made bit behind aint you?

#11 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

That was the first MPU5 release ever made bit behind aint you?

Was it? I'm sure it was Club PCB...

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#12 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

Yes Fruity_Goodness it seems your observations are correct and isn't it a funny thing that all those Fruit Machine guides are all a lot of nonsense as the machine will only pay out when it's good and ready.

It seems that that ginger bloke in the pub was right when he used to say "No no ... Don't collect your winnings yet ... You wanna stick another pound in". Of course, as soon as you collect your winnings the Drift drops.

Nonsence wether the money is in the bank or collected has no bearing on the machine . Internally the "drift" will already have been accounted for on any winnings in the bank, it only shows on emu once you collect cuz its only when you collect that the meters are driven.....

Quite simple really

Steve P

#13 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

Was it? I'm sure it was Club PCB...

Officially, unofficially you are both correct and incorrect Codfather was the first MPU5 layout I saw.

#14 Dr DX

Dr DX

Daddy To A Little Angel

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:30 PM

hmm like talking to yourself do you?
Women are #@#@#@#s....

#15 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

hmm like talking to yourself do you?

Not just that but he is talking crap with it. ;)

#16 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:08 AM

Not just that but he is talking crap with it. ;)

Well, I was only trying to post a constructive observation on how to get MFME 9.4 to display reliable Drift settings. The nub of my jist was simply that in order to change percentage settings you don't need to mess around with DIP Switch settings, you simply need to ensure to get the SetPercent & Percentage pairings right.

Now I've posted said missive I see no excuse for shoddy releases with incorrect SetPercent & Percentage pairings.

Message ends.

#17 Dr DX

Dr DX

Daddy To A Little Angel

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:58 AM

Well, I was only trying to post a constructive observation on how to get MFME 9.4 to display reliable Drift settings. The nub of my jist was simply that in order to change percentage settings you don't need to mess around with DIP Switch settings, you simply need to ensure to get the SetPercent & Percentage pairings right.

Now I've posted said missive I see no excuse for shoddy releases with incorrect SetPercent & Percentage pairings.

Message ends.

Shoddy releases? lmao come back and say that when you've even ATTEMPTED to "DX" a fruit machine.
Women are #@#@#@#s....

#18 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:15 AM

Shoddy releases? lmao come back and say that when you've even ATTEMPTED to "DX" a fruit machine.

Er ....

Currently Studying Level 3 Diploma in Forensic Science - any notes welcomed :)

Assignment 4 of 9 passed :)

Have they learned you how to dust for vomit yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users