• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jwx213

jwx213

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

I have taken advice from various posts I have already read on this forum and took my button panel to a local shop and got them to match the colour "Pink" for me to re-spray.

It doesnt match very well at all as it is too dull, and has not hardened.

Where i had the paint from is now shut down! Bugger!

So, does anyone have suggestions as to the colour Pink Barcrest have used???

I need to find some Ford car paint etc that is the same, but Pink isnt so readily available so i may need to order some.

Any suggestions would be great as the machine is mint except for the flacking button bar!

Thanks in advance,

Barrie.

#2 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

Have you tried the "Pink Big Brother Barcrest Paint Shop" at all ? One has just opened in my town centre its well cool...it sells...emmm..Pink Paint.

Lol..only jokin with ya..Have ye tried e-mailing Barcrest themselves..Explain that you own the machine and your looking for the paint to touch it up.."ooer missus"...Ye never know the might even send you out some to match.

Hope this helps :)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#3 rarnold

rarnold

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

Thanks Cloud_999 I never thought of that as I need some as well, about a 50p sized area of paint has flaked off mine. Have you tried them Barrie?
A bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station...

#4 jwx213

jwx213

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

Tried Barcrest for various things, the answer is basically we aint interested!

I tried to find out about getting some reel bands for a King Kebab a few months back.

Sent 3 emails, answered by 3 different members of staff.

Answer 1 was, its too old we dont do them
Answer 2 was, call another number who said they dont know why i was given their number!
Answer 3 was, Yes we stock them, the part number is XX and they cost £16 something plus VAT. But we cant sell to the public, ring one of our distributors heres the numbers.

Suprise suprise, they dont want to know either!!!

So im still hunting for the pink paint..... If anyone from Barcrest reads these threads and wants to let us know the colour we would be more than happy! :-)

#5 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:06 PM

Answer 1 was, its too old we dont do them

correct they wont do reel bandsover 6 years old unless they have excess stock

Answer 2 was, call another number who said they dont know why i was given their number!

probably a mistake

Answer 3 was, Yes we stock them, the part number is XX and they cost £16 something plus VAT. But we cant sell to the public, ring one of our distributors heres the numbers.

absolutly correct but sometimes you do get them on a good day and they will sort you out on side.

best thing to do is remove the metal button panel and spray it black.doesn't look the way it was before but at least you can get black metal spraypaint easily.

baz

#6 cyberface

cyberface

• New Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:09 PM

ill see if i can find out the paint code, i need to go and drop a few things off there tommorow.

#7 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

cyberface

what you do for a living mate.
pm me if you dont want to tell everybody.

baz

#8 jwx213

jwx213

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

ill see if i can find out the paint code, i need to go and drop a few things off there tommorow.

That would be great!

We await you response...... :-)

#9 cyberface

cyberface

• New Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:42 PM

i didnt get to ashton, untill late today so i didnt get chance to call in, i will need to speak to a couple of ppl from there tho so ill do my best to find out.

#10 jwx213

jwx213

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:10 PM

Tried Barcrest myself again a few times, but still not getting anything out of them.

Any one else find anything out?

#11 soundwave77

soundwave77

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

Im sure if you rang barcrest and asked them just for the paint code number they will give you it, they should have that stored on the Spec database for that machine. Technical support have everything about each machine stored, probs even what wood the cabinet is made off, its health and safety so they have to know everything. If all fails try BRENT ELECTRONICS - they are barcrests brothers basically, they also have these databases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users