Introduce yourself

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#681 classic gambler

classic gambler

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hello there, but I see you have been a member since 18th March and you made your first ever post today.
Better late than never lol :)

yer i was waiting for approval as i could not post anything but now im in

Nah, we are all c***s here :D

Welcome bud :)

thanks stanmarsh

#682 whufclee

whufclee

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well thought I may as well introduce myself on here too. Never really been much of a fruit machine nut myself, I was getting very addicted to them in my youth so went cold turkey when I was about 14 so I could spend more money on beer and football... well that was over 20 years ago and now my liver is wishing I'd just stuck to fruit machines!

Anyway I got lots of help when browsing the forum on here a year or so ago when making my first arcade cab with touchscreen and I wanted to add the pub quiz games... thought it was about time I gave something back to the community so I'm going to see if I can help out in any way. Currently testing all of the SWP games and will post the compatibility results up as soon as I'm finished, might even look into sticking something up on a server with all the correct configurations. Once that's done I think it's about time I added fruit machine emulation to my new arcade unit so where do I start guys and gals? Briefly looked into it a year or so ago but got very confused so I think I'll just start from scratch.

BTW, thanks go to everyone that's posted useful info on this forum - you've all made my life so much easier, the missus is addicted to those pub quiz games so I get plenty of peace and quiet :D

#683 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Well thought I may as well introduce myself on here too. Never really been much of a fruit machine nut myself, I was getting very addicted to them in my youth so went cold turkey when I was about 14 so I could spend more money on beer and football... well that was over 20 years ago and now my liver is wishing I'd just stuck to fruit machines!

Anyway I got lots of help when browsing the forum on here a year or so ago when making my first arcade cab with touchscreen and I wanted to add the pub quiz games... thought it was about time I gave something back to the community so I'm going to see if I can help out in any way. Currently testing all of the SWP games and will post the compatibility results up as soon as I'm finished, might even look into sticking something up on a server with all the correct configurations. Once that's done I think it's about time I added fruit machine emulation to my new arcade unit so where do I start guys and gals? Briefly looked into it a year or so ago but got very confused so I think I'll just start from scratch.

BTW, thanks go to everyone that's posted useful info on this forum - you've all made my life so much easier, the missus is addicted to those pub quiz games so I get plenty of peace and quiet :D

Thanks for reintroducing yourself to the wider members of Fruit Emu - and your offer of support on the SWP games will be of great benefit to those members who are interested in this part of fruit machines.

I hope you enjoy your comeback here mate. :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#684 simonw09

simonw09

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hi am simon 26 been playing machines for about 10 years seems like a good site hope to start posting. :)

#685 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Welcome Simon and I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Use the tutorials to help guide you through your start into emulation.

Read what techs and layouts are available in the Downloads section, before asking for a particular fruit machine to play... I say this for your own benefit to stop you being flamed for asking for layouts and techs that can't be emulated or played with the current emus we have lol :)
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#686 welshfilmman

welshfilmman

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

hi all i am new to owning a fruit machine and came to this site to learn about it.hope i'm in the right forum.still learning
chris

#687 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hi Welshfilmman,
Welcome to the Fruit-Emu forum.
Ricardo

#688 ndiniz2013

ndiniz2013

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Nathan Diniz. I currently live with my grandparents in Champaign, IL United States of America, and I am currently out of a job, but hopefully that will change soon.

#689 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Welcome Nathan - I hope you enjoy your stay with us all here at Fruit Emu... if you are into fruit machine emulation there is tutorial base to get you up and running playing your first game. There is also a Real Fruit Machine section, should you have queries regarding any real fruit machines.

We are a friendly bunch here Nathan, and I hope stick around with us here at Fruit Emu and get involved in FME (fruit machine emulation) - welcome aboard! :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#690 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to FME

Ricardo.

#691 Hadi

Hadi

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hey people , im Dave just joined own a simpsons machine for a while, its been lying negelected in a room and ive decided to get it up to spec, and im looking forward to picking your brains :nah:

#692 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hey people , im Dave just joined own a simpsons machine for a while, its been lying negelected in a room and ive decided to get it up to spec, and im looking forward to picking your brains :nah:

Well get picking bud, as I have just replied to your post.

Welcome aboard :)

#693 SourceLeisure

SourceLeisure

• Regulars
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Im Phil From Source Leisure

Decided I Would Leave A Intro 

I Am The Owner & Manager Of Source Leisure Based In East Anglia Providing Complete Swp Machines & Awp Machines 
Along With Providing Fully Tested Parts & Spares With Warranty 

Our Aim Is To Provide Excellent After Care Service + A Fast & Reliable Service
& Looking To Expand Providing New Prize Redemption Machines & Prizes (Plush Toys Ect) In The Next Two Years 

Been A Member Of This Site For Quite Some Time (Think Around 2 Years) & Have Met Some Decent Genuine People Though It & Credit The Guys Who Make This Run, What It Is 

Dont Really Know What To Put To be Honest :p 

Cheers 

#694 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi Phil,

As a matter of interest, roughly where about in East Anglia are you located??? If you don't mind me asking.

I'm based  in Norwich.

Have been a member since 2nd July 2003 (Asteroth) now RDP.

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 10 April 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#695 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Im Phil From Source Leisure

Decided I Would Leave A Intro 

I Am The Owner & Manager Of Source Leisure Based In East Anglia Providing Complete Swp Machines & Awp Machines 
Along With Providing Fully Tested Parts & Spares With Warranty 

Our Aim Is To Provide Excellent After Care Service + A Fast & Reliable Service
& Looking To Expand Providing New Prize Redemption Machines & Prizes (Plush Toys Ect) In The Next Two Years 

Been A Member Of This Site For Quite Some Time (Think Around 2 Years) & Have Met Some Decent Genuine People Though It & Credit The Guys Who Make This Run, What It Is 

Dont Really Know What To Put To be Honest :p 

Cheers 

Your input has always been read with interest by me Phil - I am not into the real fruit machine section and do not own my own fruit machine... I am part of the FME cultural types here! :)

However there are a lot of members here who are into real fruit machines - and some of your input is of great interest to them. I hope that a lot more people follow the advice you give and take some of the help you offer. :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#696 Kevthebluebear

Kevthebluebear

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hi. Just saying Hello and what a great place this is. I have been reading through the forums with interest.

Thanks Kev.

#697 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hi. Just saying Hello and what a great place this is. I have been reading through the forums with interest.

Thanks Kev.

Welcome Kev... I hope you enjoy playing FME and the older fruities.

There is a vast selection to chose from in the Downloads section. A real Fruit Machine section too, if you're into playing real fruit machines - take your pick! :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#698 SourceLeisure

SourceLeisure

• Regulars
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hey - Only Just Checked Great To See Someone Can Understand My Jiberish :p 

Also Based Halesworth - In-between Lowestoft & Ipswitch 

I Do Have Emulators On Pc But To Be Honest Seeing Actual Machines Everyday Is Enough 

- Cheers 

I Try My Best With Answering & Posting 

All The Best & Thanks 

From My Self 
Phil Buck 
Source-Leisure

#699 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hey - Only Just Checked Great To See Someone Can Understand My Jiberish :p 

Also Based Halesworth - In-between Lowestoft & Ipswitch 

I Do Have Emulators On Pc But To Be Honest Seeing Actual Machines Everyday Is Enough 

- Cheers 

I Try My Best With Answering & Posting 

All The Best & Thanks 

From My Self 
Phil Buck 
Source-Leisure

Halesworth, spent many an hour in the Bridge Cafe and the Angel Pub. (Adnams). Oh Yes. Use to visit/work at the telephone exchange behind the new library.

A M8 of mine use to live in Wissett, a village closeby.That's a nice part of Suffolk all around that area.

Cheers

RDP.

#700 smashthegas

smashthegas

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hi everyone, thought I'd make an introductory post seeing as it seems rude not to - I joined a while ago and downloaded some fruities but have been busy with work, hence the lack of postings until now.  I just wanted to start by thanking everyone involved for the brilliant emulators on here, it's been a really enjoyable privilege to be able to play some of the machines from the 80's/90's when I was a youngster, to huge thanks to all involved...:)

I'm Phil (known to mates as Smash, but I'll answer to either hehe), 34 from Liverpool and spent a lot of weekends in my youth playing the fruities in the arcades in Southport.  I still go along and play them every now and then when I have the spare time and money. 

Hope everyone is doing okay and I'll pop back as and when I can.

Regards,

P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users