Photo
- - - - -

what pc game scares the shit out of you......

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

well ill tell you try and play the new game F.E.A.R. omg i had to change my pants 3 times playing this one.

all i can say about this game is play play play till you carnt play no more i mean talk about having to play a game with the lights on in the middle of the day it took 2 days to get the game (thanks pctorrent)

you see a little girl running running round then all of a sudden she's gone.

voices comming from no where geese im still shaking now and i stopped playing half an hour ago

damn what a ace game

to have this game run nice you need atleast a 3Ghz processor

mines a 2.3Ghz and playing with the game set to autodetect runs good i get 71fps.

this game is a must have i will be buying it when its released (it might of been released already).

i thought i just tell people about this game.
always on the scrounge for freebies.

#2 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

only one game ever done this to me and that was Alone in the Dark - A new nightmare.

I loved the series and played em on me pc years ago but this was a new one for the playstation. Had played it a few times at uni.

But was at a mates one night, he got his playstation hooked through his amp to a set of mission speakers.

Sat there with all lights off, bass and volume up on the system.

The games very dark and things come out o nowhere.

Jumped out o bastard skin in the first five minutes o playing

#3 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Not a PC game, but silent hill 2......the sleepless nights after playing that.

It was probably about 3 or 4 years ago now can't remember. Me and a mate played through the whole game in about 2 days, he read the guide, i did the playing. I could of not survived it on my own I dont think without having a heart attack.

Jesus just everything in it, there were no boudaries on the scary-ness factor. It wasnt the jumpy stuff, just the whole terrfying atmosphere i was actually shaking. The beating heart on the dual shock, the voices, the static, the bangs, oh my god! And of course the jumpy stuff made us both shout like girls.

For about 5 days afterwards I had to sleep with the light on (serious!) I just couldnt get the whole thing out of my head when trying to sleep.

But was damn brilliant game, it did what it wanted to, and thats was to cause to ruin about 5 nights sleep.

I tell you the japs have no mercy when it comes to horror!!! As I read somewhere western horror films and games are often toned down not to make them to scary, but the japs use every psychological thing in the book to scare you shitless!
Posted Image

#4 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Do you remember the old jurassic park game on the SNES, well that used to scare the SHITE out of me, when i was like 4-5, i used to play it, and when the raptors or the TREX used to come after me i used to shit maself (not literally).
This was a long time ago mind.. lol

#5 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

Horace goes Skiing on the Speccy

Little bastard always got run over ;)

DAD

#6 LeeG

LeeG

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:59 PM

PC System Shock 2, I had to stop playing as it was freaking me out too much.

#7 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:04 PM

oooh reminded me, must get system shock 2, played the first one countless times and was a cracking game

jimmymac heads over to the torrents

#8 fistandantilus

fistandantilus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

Clive Barker's Undying

The set pieces are brilliant in this. Turn the lights out and turn your 3d surround sound up.

I have seen just about every horror film going from the 1980's to the present and don't even jump or startle at scary bits anymore but this game is just eerie, with quite a few places where my neck hairs stood on end as you hear distant noises moving around you for a real caustrophobic effect. Edge of your seat stuff.

You need to play the game late at night, on your own with the lights out for the full effect. In the daylight its just not the same. Try it and you will see what I mean

#9 LeeG

LeeG

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:10 PM

Hmm.. played Undying a few years ago and wasn't that impressed. Maybe I should've closed the curtains.

#10 fistandantilus

fistandantilus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:21 PM

The game was a bit crappy but some of the set pieces were very good. One of them things, you only ever get the full effect if you play it in the right conditions the first time. Once you have seen it once the effect is never quite the same.

#11 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:34 PM

Is that the clive barker that did hellraiser?
Posted Image

#12 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

Doom 3, was pretty scary :)

#13 LeeG

LeeG

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

Is that the clive barker that did hellraiser?

Yes indeed.

#14 LeeG

LeeG

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:08 PM

Doom 3, was pretty scary :)

I found Doom3 very boring, a shame as Doom is one of my all time favourites and I was very excited about Doom3. For me, the repetition and lack of excitement took away any atmosphere from the game.

#15 eddiec

eddiec

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

Warcraft 1, coz the graphics were sooooo nasty. ;)

#16 LeeG

LeeG

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

Can't believe I forgot AvP, another game that was just a little bit tooo intense. I may have to give it another go now that I can sleep without a light on.

http://www.gamespy.c.../561382p10.html

#17 ldc2710

ldc2710

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

currently playing f.e.a.r and yeah it freaks me out,awsome game tho
if it dont pay smash it

#18 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:22 PM

I found Doom3 very boring, a shame as Doom is one of my all time favourites and I was very excited about Doom3. For me, the repetition and lack of excitement took away any atmosphere from the game.

Very true, crap game, boring, repetitive but was a bit scary I thought. One game i didnt enjoy either way

#19 romx

romx

the psycho cash beast

• New Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:28 PM

someone had to name the scariest game :D

it dont come much scarier than this when games like barbie horse adventure get onto our consoles :)

romx

#20 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

resi evil when i was about 14 but still played the games lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users